• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Which MLB Managers Will Stay.. Or Go.. ?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
With the regular season in major league baseball now complete, which baseball managers will stay with their teams, and which will leave/resign, get fired?

Some decisions will not be made until after the postseason, but we already know about the following move..

New York Mets manager Terry Collins will not manage the Mets in 2018. After today's game, it was announced that Terry Collins resigned as the Mets manager, and will stay with the Mets in a front office role.

This is appropriate, in my view. Collins had said he did not want to retire. At the advanced stage of his career, it is positive that he will not have to interview for jobs with other teams.

The Mets managerial change we now know about.

What other teams will have new managers next season?

Thoughts?

In addition to Terry Collins resigning. Philadelphia Phillies manager Pete Mackanin wasn't retained. He wasn't fired Per Se, but instead he was offered the position as special assistant to the General Manager. Brad Ausmus the former Detroit Tigers manager wasn't fired Per Se, but he also wasn't offered a contract extension. I just heard news, that former Braves and Marlins manager Freddi Gonzalez is might be interviewed for that job. I also heard Omar Vizquel and I am sure there are others I heard Atlanta Braves manager Brian Snitker's status is up in the air. But so far he is still the manager. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Atlanta Braves Manager Brian Snitker was re signed to a one year contract.

This is a move that I do not agree with.

As those who follow baseball are aware.

While this person is not a "manager" , he was a General Manager.

The Braves General Manager, John Coppella, resigned earlier this week, because of violating baseball rules with drafting and signing.

Many of the writers in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, stated that as a result of Coppella's actions, and his resignation..

The Braves did not want to "shake up" things even more by firing Snitker.

The writers also said that if Coppella had not engaged in the behavior he did, and did not resign, that Snitker probably would have been fired.

It will be interesting to see if Snitker manages the entire year in 2018, or not, or if he ends up getting fired during the season.

The Braves had their third straight 90 loss season in 2017.

It will be interesting to see what other managerial moves are made, if any.

Sometimes moves are made during the playoffs, and other times, not until after the World Series is over

If anyone saw Joe Girardi managing yesterday Yankees vs Indians game, he made Brian Snitker look like a genius. How does he not challenged that call Lonnie Chisenhall was not hit by the pitch, it hit the knockout of Chisenhall's bat and should have been a strikeout. And his reasoning "I didn't want to disrupt Chad Green's rhythm." Hey Joe Girardi that makes no sense to me.

Minnesota Twins manager Paul Molitor was just signed to a three year contract extension through the 2020 season.

Twins fans seem to agree with this move.

Mo, it seems as though Girardi is under a microscope.

He doesn't have a contract for next year.

If the Yankees lose in the first round, or don't go deep into the playoffs, like to the World Series. It would not surprise me if he is let go

With the Yankees coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the ALDS against the 100 plus win Indians, and beating Cleveland in Game Five in Cleveland, I would now say that Girardi will be back with the Yankees in 2018, regardless of what happens in the ALCS against the Astros.

If the Yankees can somehow win the ALCS, and get to the World Series, I would predict he will definitely be back.

Rumor is that former Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez will be next manager of the Detroit Tigers.

Well .. the Yankees did it again.

Down 2-0 in the ALCS, they just won two games in a row against Houston in the ALCS, to even the series at 2-2.

Considering that Houston is one of the best teams in baseball, this is very interesting.
'
Not to "rub it in". but even though the Astros did blow a 4-0 lead last night in Game Four of the ALCS.

Personally, I think that whatever happens the rest of this series, Girardi should be retained for next year, as the Yankees, seem to have "shown some life, " in the postseason.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Yankees the rest of the postseason, and whether in fact they do keep Girardi.

Paul Molitor definitely deserved it. The Twins lost over 100 games last season, and he managed to get them into the post season this year, which is an extraordinary turn around. Even if the Yankees don't get past Houston - and they very well might - Girardi I suspect comes back for at least a 2 year deal.

Rumor is that John Farrell is being looked at for the Mets job.

God I love baseball!

The Braves thing is bad all around. Even though I'm a fan, I think baseball should bring the hammer down on us for violating the rules.

Also, I'm not loving the Snitker extension. Despite having a reasonably talented roster with a lot of young talent to be developed, the team was only marginally better than they were a year ago. I get that players seem to love him and that certainly goes a long way, but it feels like the Braves will never stop living in the 90's and keeping Snit on really reflects that flawed philosophy.

I'll always feel like the Braves missed out on signing Bud Black when they had the chance. If only the team consulted me about personnel moves....I've been managing this team from my living room for a while anyway!!

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back