• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do tickle fans need to do outing?

Hellbow

Always wondered about this.

Do we, as tickling enthusiasts, need to do outing at some point? Perhaps, have you ever felt this need?

In the gay community, outing seems to be a sort of passage ritual, an action that makes you live your sexuality in a more mature and free way. Is it the same for tickle fetish?

Hope this is not a silly question. Actually, it's really important for me.

Neither am I an expert on this subject nor do I have much experience with an outing of any kind.

What I think though is that a strive for a more mature way to live with one's fetishes is the way to go. How you achieve that really depends on the person. For me, I think I can get there by pondering with the question of what that fetish means for me and how I want to live with it. For that however, I don't need an outing. It is something I have to untangle myself by thinking about these questions and, hopefully, coming to a solution that fits my life.
At least that's how I approached that.

I do admit though that one can be more open about it after you told people about your fetishes. I only told a few friends about it and it worked fine for me (though not in a ticklish way). You really have to know how open you want to be about it and if an outing is the right way for you. I don't think anyone, much less custom, should dictate that.

By the way, if a question is important to you, it's never silly. So don't worry, you're fine.

What do you mean by “Outing”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, there's no reason I see to tell anyone other than romantic interests and those you wish to play with. But if someone wants to do it for themselves, go for it. Might get some weird looks but meh

Do you mean outing someone else?

Ohhh. Yeah, no one needs to know about my tickling fetish. I don’t want people looking at me weird and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make it clear to most people who want to Have any kind of relationship with me that I have a tickling fetish, if they think its weird then so be it

Always wondered about this.

Do we, as tickling enthusiasts, need to do outing at some point? Perhaps, have you ever felt this need?

In the gay community, outing seems to be a sort of passage ritual, an action that makes you live your sexuality in a more mature and free way. Is it the same for tickle fetish?

Hope this is not a silly question. Actually, it's really important for me.

I think that decision should be up to the individual. A fetish is a very personal and private thing, and while some people might be OK "exposing" their sexual proclivities, IMHO most people prefer to keep it to themselves or only confide in their SO.
But I don't think an outing should be decided by a group concensus.

Simple answer:
No.

Long answer:
It depends what you mean by "outing". If by it you mean letting everybody know what you do in the privacy of your bedroom, I would say that there is no need for outing. I cannot possibly see out of what necessity one can feel compelled to reveal that one likes to tie up and tickle girls (or guys). Of course, you can talk about it to other people who don't share your fetish if you like, but I can't think of one valid reason to make your fantasies a public announcement, if that's what you meant.

Unless you are referring about opening up to your partner or romantic interest, like Chicago said, in which case I think it is generally a good idea to let him/her know. That has been my personal policy ever since I reached adulthood, and except in one case I have never faced rejection. But outside of that person, I think it is literally no one's concern. Then again, it is your choice. Personally I'd advise against going full public (what does your boss care if you like tickling, for instance?), but if you really think you'll be happier that way, who am I to tell you not to?

Thank you everyone for the answers! I really appreciated most of them. You're very kind and wise. And yeah, with "outing" I meant "coming out".

I did talk about my tickle fetish with some people not involved into this stuff. Not with everyone, because I don't feel anyone can understand. Most people, at least here in Italy, are still attached to a black-or-white concept of what is normal, and tend to judge other people just for the sake of judgement. But the reactions that I received from the people I talked with, well, they were nice and encouraging.

I ended my play arrangement with someone who outed me to her male roommate. He was cool about it, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had been betrayed. Technically, she was outing herself and, by extension, me since I was her only consistent partner. I just wish she had talked to me about it before doing so in order to see what I thought about it. Discretion is important for me on both sides, so I take it seriously and don't tell of others what I'd be uncomfortable being told about me.

Being gay/bi-sexual affects your non-sexual identity as well as your sexual identity (i.e. bringing your same sex partner over to meet your family) so in that case it's important that they know. Tickling (for most) really only affects their sexual identity and sharing that with family etc is not as common so I don't think there's a great need for people to out themselves as tickle fetishists any more than people should out themselves that prefer T over A :)

I ended my play arrangement with someone who outed me to her male roommate. He was cool about it, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I had been betrayed. Technically, she was outing herself and, by extension, me since I was her only consistent partner. I just wish she had talked to me about it before doing so in order to see what I thought about it. Discretion is important for me on both sides, so I take it seriously and don't tell of others what I'd be uncomfortable being told about me.

Adam, sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity how did she react when you cut her off? Did she realize she did something wrong, or did she not "get it"?

Adam, sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity how did she react when you cut her off? Did she realize she did something wrong, or did she not "get it"?

Thank you for the response. She was sort of apologetic but also seemed to bargain a lot to keep our arrangement intact. I just couldn't do it, at the end of the day. Like I said, discretion is important to me. I also found out, later, that she continued to complain about our failed arrangement. I guess she's the type that has to tell everyone everything. Not cool in the least.

Very bad idea. As unfair as it is, the fetish has a stigma. You could at the least cause embarrassment and at worst cost them friends and even their job.

Being gay/bi-sexual affects your non-sexual identity as well as your sexual identity (i.e. bringing your same sex partner over to meet your family) so in that case it's important that they know. Tickling (for most) really only affects their sexual identity and sharing that with family etc is not as common so I don't think there's a great need for people to out themselves as tickle fetishists any more than people should out themselves that prefer T over A :)

You nailed the difference. Everybody can know that I am gay, and I have refused hiding it ever since I had my coming out to my parents. Being gay or straight affects so many parts of your life, and it is important that you be able to live your life without fear of being detected.

Tickling however is a sexual activity for me. It took me much longer to get to where I am now. But I tell all those friends about it who I generally talk about sex with. That excludes colleagues or business partners, family (I know this is different in many other families), but IN-cludes a good part of my friends that I hang out with frequently, and in particular who I go out to bars and clubs with. In that aspect I see a lot of parallels between the two outings I managed; one 20 years ago, the other one only a few years ago.

I've outed my tickle fetish to my parents and they think it's strange. They simply don't get it. My Mom thinks that if I go on a tickle date, it's like being a prostitute. I disagree with them of course. I've even told them about this website but they still think it's weird. They don't think adults should tickle each other, it's a real shame :rant:.

I have to be completely honest. I think I would kill myself if everyone I knew and loved found out about it. I've only told a handful of people in this world about it, outside of close family, and I don't know if I could deal with people judging me silently. Is it stupid to feel that way? I thinks so. But how are we to live these days, when we're just stereoptyped as weirdos anyway?

There are days when I wish I was a heroin addict or something. At least people understand that.

I've outed my tickle fetish to my parents and they think it's strange. They simply don't get it. My Mom thinks that if I go on a tickle date, it's like being a prostitute. I disagree with them of course. I've even told them about this website but they still think it's weird. They don't think adults should tickle each other, it's a real shame :rant:.

Don't let your parents bring you down. Enjoy who you are, and be proud that you're unique. I just hope you don't live w/them and have to put up with their judgements.

I have to be completely honest. I think I would kill myself if everyone I knew and loved found out about it. I've only told a handful of people in this world about it, outside of close family, and I don't know if I could deal with people judging me silently. Is it stupid to feel that way? I thinks so. But how are we to live these days, when we're just stereoptyped as weirdos anyway?

There are days when I wish I was a heroin addict or something. At least people understand that.

This here shows how fucked up our society has become, for a sane person to rather wish being a heroin addict.

No judgment on you personally. I also think it'd be weird if I was outed against my will, but at the end of the day I don't think it'd affect me in any way. There's a handful of us who have been outed on Facebook and whatnot; I am not gonna say who but you can find them by searching topic titles. You'll see that most of them have recovered, and it turned out not as bad as you say.

I can understand the lack of understanding (if that makes sense, lol :p). I can even accept that our fetish is a perversion to some, although I know that the higher some tout their so-called moral standard, the harder they are trying to hide their own self-loathing. But I absolutely don't get what's the corelation with prostitution. What the hell does going on a date and sex for money have in common in your parents' mind?

Anyway, I am really sorry that your parents think you're weird. It's a damn shame. I hope you're coping well with that, and I wholeheartedly join magic fingers in my wish for you to be happy in spite of this. If anything, your happiness will prove them wrong! :grouphug:

Last edited:

Same here. My mother always thought it strange and my brother used to make fun of me in front of his friends and other people. Being judged like that just because you love the human nervous system and like to experiment with it just isn't fair.

Hmph! Aint it the truth!

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back