• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

In All Seriousness..

Laugh

TMF Expert
It's no secret I do not like the Dodgers. But that aside, if you were the Dodgers, what would you change in order to win the Series?

For the most value, I would almost dare say give up Kershaw. As insane as that sounds, facts are facts. Kershaw is not a playoff pitcher. He will win a ton of games in the season. He may even get you to the series. But then for some reason, the road always ends. That's not a knock on Kershaw. That's just fact. He was given a 4-0 lead in the most crucial situation - a World Series - and couldn't deliver - as well as getting crushed by the Cardinals in a similar playoff situation. Again, that's not a knock, it's fact.

If they trade him now, they could still get a lot out of the trade. Kershaw isn't 'old' yet, but he's not getting younger and he always seems to get injured at some point during the season.

I would definitely trade Puig. He's been more of a distraction than a positive. A bit too inconsistent.

The Dodgers have the biggest payroll in baseball. They should be able to afford just about anyone they want. So who, if any player would you trade or even yet, go after?

In all seriousness, given how much you personally hate the Dodgers, why should they take your advice?

This is a sports forum. I asked a sports question. I asked for other opinions. What do you think the Dodgers should do?

This is a sports forum. I asked a sports question. I asked for other opinions. What do you think the Dodgers should do?

I think the Dodgers should keep Kershaw, be ready with a quick hook for him during post-season, dump Darvish, and seek to sign one or two more top-rate starting pitchers. (Easy for me to say since it's not my $200+ million to sign them.)

I think the Dodgers should keep Kershaw, be ready with a quick hook for him during post-season, dump Darvish, and seek to sign one or two more top-rate starting pitchers. (Easy for me to say since it's not my $200+ million to sign them.)

Sounds fair enough. Any particular pitcher you would like to see them sign? Also what do you think of Puig? I just think he's a bit too inconsistent.

Kershaw has three more years left on his contract at about 30 mil a season.

He will be 30 years old next season.

The question for the Dodgers is.

Which do they think would be more beneficial to them.

Keeping Kershaw, and trying for another deep playoff run.

Trading him, if they could get a good package for him.

Then there is the issue of his massive contract.

What team would be willing to take on such a massive contract

If I had to guess, I would say that Kershaw stays with the Dodgers.

Kershaw has three more years left on his contract at about 30 mil a season.

He will be 30 years old next season.

The question for the Dodgers is.

Which do they think would be more beneficial to them.

Keeping Kershaw, and trying for another deep playoff run.

Trading him, if they could get a good package for him.

Then there is the issue of his massive contract.

What team would be willing to take on such a massive contract

If I had to guess, I would say that Kershaw stays with the Dodgers.

I agree Mitch. If LA decided to trade Kershaw (which is highly unlikely), not too many teams could take on such a contract. The Yankees maybe, but they have a strong enough team to make the playoffs anyway. That is if new management doesn't screw them up. The Dodgers would want 'an arm and a leg' for him too. Even if everything fell into place, there would ultimately be the question of Kershaw wanting to go to another team. I would think he has a 'no trade' clause as most franchise players do these days in any sport.

Sounds fair enough. Any particular pitcher you would like to see them sign? Also what do you think of Puig? I just think he's a bit too inconsistent.

Before Tanaka decided to stay with the Yankees, he was my first choice.

My candid opinion of Puig:
Puig is a superb defensive outfielder. His hitting is erratic at best and his base running is sometimes awful. His emotional maturity leaves a lot to be desired as well.

I'm not a Dodgers fan, but my take is they should avoid huge contracts with a lot of deferred money. The Phillies signed a bunch of people to huge contract extensions after their consecutive NL pennants and they ended up with an aging, overpaid, injury prone team with players that were virtually untradeable. That sounds like pretty basic stuff, but it seems like teams are scared to let guys leave via free agency and not be able to replace them.

It's tough when you have someone as good as Kershaw, but if his contract (I don't actually know the specifics) becomes a burden then they should either trade him or let him walk. That being said, the Dodgers usually have a shit ton of money to spend, so who knows?

I'm not a Dodgers fan, but my take is they should avoid huge contracts with a lot of deferred money. The Phillies signed a bunch of people to huge contract extensions after their consecutive NL pennants and they ended up with an aging, overpaid, injury prone team with players that were virtually untradeable. That sounds like pretty basic stuff, but it seems like teams are scared to let guys leave via free agency and not be able to replace them.

It's tough when you have someone as good as Kershaw, but if his contract (I don't actually know the specifics) becomes a burden then they should either trade him or let him walk. That being said, the Dodgers usually have a shit ton of money to spend, so who knows?

At the end of this season, Kershaw could become a free agent. That, at this point, would be up to him. This should be an interesting year. Dodgers are again favored to win the west. Astros and Yankees are favored to win it all, with Dodgers, Cubs and Washington not far behind. Should be a fun season.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back