• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Surprisingly good performances in film

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Hello, hello!

Ever been surprised by the quality of an actor’s performance in a film? Maybe someone you hadn’t rated suddenly came up with the goods? Or instances of “unusual” casting proving fruitful? You know where you’re thinking, “Oh no… Why would they cast him/her in this kind of a role? They’re obviously not up to it. This is gonna be terrible. Why am I even – Oh actually, this is pretty good!” lol

I watched The Lobster recently. Pretty weird film. A good one though, IMO. One could loosely describe it as a romantic black comedy. Colin Farrell’s in it. I’m not saying he does anything amazing, but his performance certainly took me by surprise: understated, subtly comedic. And I just thought, “Well I’ll be darned… I didn’t know he had it in him!” lol

Anyone? :)

I agree about Colin Ferrel in The Lobster, he gave a surprisingly good performance - subtle and layered.

I'd also say Sylvester Stallone in Copland, where he put on a bunch of weight and played a beat-down loser.

I would say Marisa Tomei as Mona Lisa Vito in My Cousin Vinny. She won the Oscar for that role and then went on to more juicy roles such as Cassidy in The Wrestler. She's obviously also a gorgeous woman.

I would say Marisa Tomei as Mona Lisa Vito in My Cousin Vinny. She won the Oscar for that role and then went on to more juicy roles such as Cassidy in The Wrestler. She's obviously also a gorgeous woman.

My Cousin Vinny was great and she was so cool in it. I liked how the judge and prosecutor where mesmerized by her knowledge of cars. And you're right. Marisa Tomei is a lovely woman. I can still remember when she was on the sitcom, A Different World. She was so cute and funny on that show.

I loved John Candy as an actor. He could be seriously sad, completely hilarious, and even downright intimidating/angry when he wanted to be.

Others include Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, John Travolta, Jeff Goldbloom, and a few others I can't name off the top of my head right now.

Yeah, John Candy was a cool dude. Murray and Aykroyd are funny guys too. I also like Jeff Goldbloom. He was great in "The Fly".

I’m not saying he does anything amazing, but his performance certainly took me by surprise: understated, subtly comedic. And I just thought, “Well I’ll be darned… I didn’t know he had it in him!” lol
That same thought came to mind for his performance in "Ondine".

That same thought came to mind for his performance in "Ondine".

Haven't seen that one. Maybe he's a better actor than I thought and it's just that I tend to associate him with a certain type of film that I'm not keen on. :shrug:

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back