• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

November 22, 1963.

paracarl44

Wielder of 100 Feathers
Let's all pause and remember that President John F. Kennedy was shot and killed on this day in Dallas, Texas.

It was before my time but, I've seen the clips and some of the coverage and heard about the horror of how bad it was and how the nation was affected by it, how reporters were affected by it and how my family was affected by it. They all say that it was very, very sad.

I remember. I was in 4th grade. The principal walked into the classroom and whispered something into the teachers ear. She turned white as a sheet and tears ran down her face. We were told something bad had happened and sent home. I walked the five blocks to our house, arriving in time to see Walter Cronkite announce the news to the nation.

I remember it, but a bit different from most. My Dad was in the Air Force, and we were in Japan at the time. So, when the news came to us, it was early in the morning. For some reason, that morning I was awake, and heard the phone ring. I remember thinking, Dad's going to say "bell-hell", a phrase I never heard him say. Sure enough, he got up and said "bell-hell". After answering the call, he let us know the President had been shot. He then had to go to work early, as the military had been "put on alert" - basically, if someone shoots the President, you need to be ready for anything to happen, and, you gotta remember the things that were happening at the time.

I remember it, but a bit different from most. My Dad was in the Air Force, and we were in Japan at the time. So, when the news came to us, it was early in the morning. For some reason, that morning I was awake, and heard the phone ring. I remember thinking, Dad's going to say "bell-hell", a phrase I never heard him say. Sure enough, he got up and said "bell-hell". After answering the call, he let us know the President had been shot. He then had to go to work early, as the military had been "put on alert" - basically, if someone shoots the President, you need to be ready for anything to happen, and, you gotta remember the things that were happening at the time.

Anyone on the forum remember this tragic event?

I will never forget it. I was in the 8th grade in art class when the school's public address system came on without explanation with a local radio station's broadcast of the news. Shortly afterward, school was canceled for the day and we were all sent home.

This kind of reminds me of the "where were you on 9/11" discussion. You guys got to leave school early when Kennedy was shot. We didn't get to leave early when the airplanes hit the towers.

This kind of reminds me of the "where were you on 9/11" discussion. You guys got to leave school early when Kennedy was shot. We didn't get to leave early when the airplanes hit the towers.

Let's try to stay on topic. This is about Kennedy's assassination and paying our respects.

And to this day we're still not sure if JFK was really killed by Oswald. Me? I think the war industry and the CIA killed him.

Even Rob Reiner (who has studied JFK's assassination for over twenty years) thinks there was no chance in hell Oswald could have done this alone.

And to this day we're still not sure if JFK was really killed by Oswald. Me? I think the war industry and the CIA killed him.

Even Rob Reiner (who has studied JFK's assassination for over twenty years) thinks there was no chance in hell Oswald could have done this alone.

There was an intriguing tidbit in the recent files released by the National Archives: in the morning before Kennedy's motorcade through Dallas, Jack Ruby reportedly invited someone to come see the event with him where there would be "fireworks," thus suggesting his foreknowledge of the assassination attempt.

This has understandably added fuel to the fire for conspiracy theorists, though there is already skepticism about the credibility of the anecdote, and it of course all hinges on what exactly Ruby meant by the term, if indeed he ever said such a thing. I'm not aware of any literal pyrotechnics planned or actually deployed during Kennedy's visit--highly unlikely there would have been any in the middle of day anyway, not to mention the security concerns (it doesn't seem a customary way to greet or honor a living U.S. president)--and the metaphorical uses of fireworks to mean both 'an exciting spectacle' and 'an occasion featuring loud noises and lights as with gunfire' were apparently well established in American English by then. Or at least that's what my secondhand research seems to indicate; I was barely a year old at the time of the assassination and therefore just at the very early stages of acquiring my mother tongue.

I personally think even if the CIA was not behind it (and some believe), they knew about it, as did Johnson. He just kept his mouth shut and went along, as he would be the one to benefit the most.

I remember. I was in 4th grade. The principal walked into the classroom and whispered something into the teachers ear. She turned white as a sheet and tears ran down her face. We were told something bad had happened and sent home. I walked the five blocks to our house, arriving in time to see Walter Cronkite announce the news to the nation.

^This was a classic announcement. I remember that TV stations stayed on the air around the clock for the next four days, which was something that never happened before.^

Like some folks here, I was in grade school when the school's PA system kicked on and and, as if on cue, the announcer (it was obviously a radio station we were listening to) declared that JFK was dead. I didn't get the details (such as they were) until we got sent home early, and watched the reports on TV trickle in.

I personally think even if the CIA was not behind it (and some believe), they knew about it, as did Johnson. He just kept his mouth shut and went along, as he would be the one to benefit the most.

The real question is, who had the means to do it and if they did how much did they have to benefit from it if they had done it?

Sadly, if the CIA and our military really did pull a coup d'etat we'll probably never really know 100% for certain.

I wonder if any president that came after Kennedy has had the balls to tell the war industry that the USA's military budget is gonna shrink.

^I believe that Oswald shot Kennedy through the neck, but was then shot in the side of the head by somebody else.^

Oswald was using a bolt action rifle which means that to reload and get two more accurate shots is very difficult.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back