• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Matt Lauer Fired From Today For Inappropriate Sexual Behavior

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Link should be the front page of.

www.cnn.com.

Matt Lauer has been fired from the Today show for quote.

"Inappropriate Sexual Behavior".

I just learned about this, as I don't often watch the Today show, and I have not been online much this morning.

Thoughts on Mr Lauer's dismissal?

This will likely get moved to the P&R Forum. But it is a well deserved firing. Anyone who behaves like that should be fired from their job AND replaced by a woman. Too many men are abusing their power and women in the workplace need someone they can go to in those situations.

It is also worth noting that while high profile men are rightfully being called out for their bad behavior, women face this sort of behavior in all walks of life. Studies show that women who work in retail and the food industry are sexually harassed at a far higher rate than other occupations.

My point is, while some people are busy gloating over these types of accusations because the accused does not share their political views (and to those people, you are no better than the accused), sexual assault is a very serious problem and it deserves our concern beyond being used as political equity.

That is all I have to say on the matter

Allie, while I understand and agree with some of what you are saying.

I don't think that because certain men are doing this, that it means all men should be replaced by women.

My feeling is.. who is the best person for the job. Regardless of gender, race, sexual preference etc.

Two things come to mind on the matter with Lauer.

I feel most badly, for the woman/women, who Lauer harassed that led to this.

I also feel badly for Mr Lauer's family. His wife and other family members.

His wife and family, have been/will continue to be.. humiliated , and maybe have to deal with sexual harassment suits against Matt Lauer, by the victim(s) involved, due to these incidents.

Lauer's family did not sexually harass anyone, Lauer himself did.

I think it is just a terrible situation all around.

A situation that we will likely be hearing about, for a long period of time.

Allie, while I understand and agree with some of what you are saying.

I don't think that because certain men are doing this, that it means all men should be replaced by women.

Oh of course. I meant when a man is fired for sexual harassment, then they should fill his specific job with a woman. Obviously I do not think all men should be fired

I was surprised to hear this today too. But, we should remember, it was based on ALLEGED misconduct. Not PROVEN. (Innocent until proven guilty) So basically, anyone can allege something against any one of us, and with most company policies, we can be fired for it. Not that I'm condoning his actions (again, if true and provable). I know there are people that liked him, and others that hated him; guess the latter group are quite happy now. Which, as other comment sites regarding this have brought up, what about Mr. Trump?

I see your point, rdhd.

I want to try and not digress on to the subject of Trump, as that would cause a completely different type of thread, that I don't want to speculate about here.

On the subject of Lauer.

It almost seems.. hard to believe that Lauer would be fired over one alleged incident from a long time ago.

By saying that, I'm in no way minimizing, the victim, the incident, or what Lauer supposedly did.

Two points.

To have fired him, the network must know that this incident definitely did happen.

I also think, that NBC must have evidence, or know that Lauer was involved in other incidents of this type

We might well hear of other things, incidents, in the days, weeks, months to come.

Just my own opinion, even though it could be speculation.

One other point.

Variety magazine has a major story on this topic.

www.variety.com.

Which seems to quote., "Blow the situation wide open"

The magazine describes "having conducted interviews over a two month period, with people who knew about this situation".

I don't know if this is "Tabloid Hype Journalism" so to speak.

That magazine/article in the magazine, seems to have the most information about this situation thus far.

Mitch, to update.... Apparently there are more than one allegations. And supposedly, some of these were known as far as ten years ago. So why the heck do they take action now? Why not back then? Cuz it was OK then? Tis a crazy country we live in.

I don;t know the answer to your question, rdhd.

My only thought would be that it was maybe.. one.. allegation a long time ago, and whoever the victim complained to, covered it up.

Or.. they thought it was an isolated incident back then,

Maybe now, and over the years, that other things have surfaced, NBC felt they had to finally do something about Lauer.

I also saw that Matt Lauer issued an apology today, saying.

"To the people I have hurt, I'm deeply sorry"

It is somewhere on

www.latimes.com

I'm not sure of the exact page on there, but this is where I just read it, literally a minute ago.

It almost seems, far too little, far too late, for Lauer.

i can't believe that more of his co-workers didn't know. They all act so shocked. I think many of them were his enablers and are just as guilty.

There is an article on the front page of.

www.usmagazine.com.

Which says that Matt Lauer will not get any money from the remainder of the money due from his contract.

Yep, that's how it was written. But, he had to try. I still say, it wasn't proven that he did these acts....remember, as guys, such accusations can be brought against us, and we would likely face the same fate. But, if he did, well.... stoopid.

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed,” Mr. Lauer wrote in a message issued by his public relations team.

Yep, that's how it was written. But, he had to try. I still say, it wasn't proven that he did these acts....remember, as guys, such accusations can be brought against us, and we would likely face the same fate. But, if he did, well.... stoopid.

If that were true, guys like Lauer, Franken, Trump, Weinstein, Spacey, and Moore (and all the rest I don't have time to name) wouldn't have done those things, now would they?
The only reason some of them are suffering the consequences is that they're famous enough for people to care about it.
Stop trying to make it seem like we're the ones who are vulnerable here.

i can't believe that more of his co-workers didn't know. They all act so shocked. I think many of them were his enablers and are just as guilty.

Seriously?
You do realize that the power structure that let Lauer get away with this crap for years is the same one that made his co-workers keep their mouths shut (if they knew), right?
The Network protected him.

Seriously?
You do realize that the power structure that let Lauer get away with this crap for years is the same one that made his co-workers keep their mouths shut (if they knew), right?
The Network protected him.

Exactly. The whole "enabler" argument is just recycled talking points. The pattern in many of these instances seems to be that powerful people will rationalize and cover up for alleged sexual assault as a means to an end. In the case of NBC, it was probably ratings or some bullshit. His co workers were likely unaware and unable to do anything about this.

It's why FOX News made massive settlements to protect Bill O'Reily. It's why people in the film industry protected Harvey Weinstein. It's why we're seeing a truly staggering effort to protect Roy Moore.... an accused pedophile for fuck's sake. Bill Clinton, Clarence Thomas, Donald Trump, Kevin Spacey.....it's not a new trend by any means.

Greedy people care more about material gain than they do creating a safe work environment. Until that trend changes, powerful men will still be able to prey on others so long as the power structure allows it.

The tragedy is, this stuff stays with the victims for a long time. Not only does it hinder their careers, it effects them emotionally. Sadly this disgusting behavior is even more rampant than many of us had imagined.

Oh yeah....and fuck you, Matt Lauer!

Lauer's personal statement to the media, is essentially an admission on his part.

The bottom line is..

Whether.. Lauer committed these acts against one woman, two women, five women, ten women, or twenty women.

He admitted that he committed serious acts. Acts that were serious enough to justify his firing from his long time position.

Lauer did not try to cover up, or deny his actions.

His statement: "I'm embarrassed and ashamed"

"Some of what is being said about me is untrue".

He did not.. deny the allegations against him.

Such shows that Lauer committed terrible acts, and knows himself that he committed terrible acts.

Oh of course. I meant when a man is fired for sexual harassment, then they should fill his specific job with a woman. Obviously I do not think all men should be fired

Then logically, Kevin Spacey's specific job should be filled by a 14 year old boy, right?

On a different note, going back and watching how Lauer went after Bill O'Reilly sure does look hypocritical, doesn't it? I heard something about Lauer having a button under his desk that would lock his office door so he wouldn't be caught doing inappropriate things.

This will likely get moved to the P&R Forum. But it is a well deserved firing. Anyone who behaves like that should be fired from their job AND replaced by a woman. Too many men are abusing their power and women in the workplace need someone they can go to in those situations.

It is also worth noting that while high profile men are rightfully being called out for their bad behavior, women face this sort of behavior in all walks of life. Studies show that women who work in retail and the food industry are sexually harassed at a far higher rate than other occupations.

My point is, while some people are busy gloating over these types of accusations because the accused does not share their political views (and to those people, you are no better than the accused), sexual assault is a very serious problem and it deserves our concern beyond being used as political equity.

That is all I have to say on the matter[/QUOTE/]

Bullshit

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back