• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Matt Lauer Fired From Today For Inappropriate Sexual Behavior

If adolescent boys are to take “jobs” from Kevin Spacey, acting would be preferable. :flatstare: :ermm: :shock: :rolleyes: :sowrong:

What I was getting at, is that position doesn't make sense. Perhaps Spacey wasn't the best illustration. Person from demographic group X loses their job because they victimized a person from demographic group Y. Therefore the job should be filled by a person from demographic group Y. It's a bogus assertion.

Person from demographic group X loses their job because they victimized a person from demographic group Y. Therefore the job should be filled by a person from demographic group Y. It's a bogus assertion.

Oh I agree.

I was just throwing a crude - possibly ill-judged - joke into the mix... for the helluvit. lol

So, I seem to have triggered some people with my comment, so let me frame it in a way that might make more sense.

One reason sexually harassment seems to be so pervasive in the workplace is because there are often a disproportionate amount of men in positions of power. And while most of them probably are not guilty of sexual harassment themselves they sometimes lack the empathy/experience with such situations to respond to these allegations in an effective manner. Women who face sexual harassment often feel they have no recourse, because their male superiors either don't take their claims seriously, or cover up for their male colleagues.

By having more women in positions of power, maybe victims of sexual harassment will feel they have someone they can go to if they feel uncomfortable/harassed.

That is all I was getting at, and I apologize to anyone who felt triggered, angry, threatened, offended or uncomfortable by my opinion

Exactly. The whole "enabler" argument is just recycled talking points. The pattern in many of these instances seems to be that powerful people will rationalize and cover up for alleged sexual assault as a means to an end. In the case of NBC, it was probably ratings or some bullshit. His co workers were likely unaware and unable to do anything about this.

It's why FOX News made massive settlements to protect Bill O'Reily. It's why people in the film industry protected Harvey Weinstein. It's why we're seeing a truly staggering effort to protect Roy Moore.... an accused pedophile for fuck's sake. Bill Clinton, Clarence Thomas, Donald Trump, Kevin Spacey.....it's not a new trend by any means.

Greedy people care more about material gain than they do creating a safe work environment. Until that trend changes, powerful men will still be able to prey on others so long as the power structure allows it.

The tragedy is, this stuff stays with the victims for a long time. Not only does it hinder their careers, it effects them emotionally. Sadly this disgusting behavior is even more rampant than many of us had imagined.

Oh yeah....and fuck you, Matt Lauer!

I cant tell if you and I are disagreeing on this point. Are you saying that you don't think these predators have enablers who helped them? What about the bosses who knew of the claims, the lawyers who worked on the settlements, the colleagues/employees that in some cases recruited or helped get the victims into the situations where the predators wanted them?

I think Lauer, Moore, Conyers, Franken, etc, are all guilty. But you can't pretend they didn't have a lot of help.

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post.

I cant tell if you and I are disagreeing on this point. Are you saying that you don't think these predators have enablers who helped them? What about the bosses who knew of the claims, the lawyers who worked on the settlements, the colleagues/employees that in some cases recruited or helped get the victims into the situations where the predators wanted them?
I think Lauer, Moore, Conyers, Franken, etc, are all guilty. But you can't pretend they didn't have a lot of help.

Actually, you said, "his co-workers":
SPSRS1 said:
i can't believe that more of his co-workers didn't know. They all act so shocked. I think many of them were his enablers and are just as guilty.

His co-workers who "acted so shocked" were his co-hosts, and predominantly women. Women who had to deal with the same power dynamic as his victims.
You said they were just as guilty.

I don't think we're disagreeing so much as we are debating semantics, maybe? To your point about the lawyers, bosses, etc. that's what I was driving at when I mentioned a power structure that allows it, so I definitely agree with you that they had help in covering up their bad behavior.

Where we might differ in opinion is to what extent their peers actually enabled their behavior. I don't work at NBC, for any films studios or anyone on Capitol Hill, so I can only surmise as to what the peers of someone like Lauer or Franken actually knew and the extent to which they were able to really do anything about it.

But having had the misfortune to work with a person once who was accused of assaulting two different young women (and ultimately left the job) I can say with some degree of confidence that serial predators are usually pretty good at masking their behavior, and yeah, we are all pretty shocked. So I'm not too quick to judge the co workers in these situations without knowing much about what was really going on.

But yeah, I certainly agree with you that sexual predators do have help in getting away with and covering up their crimes.

Last edited:
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back