• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nice band, shame about the singer

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Hello, hello.

Bit of an obscure one, but let’s give it a go!

Are there any bands that you feel you would like more if they ditched the singer? lol So you like the music, but the singer’s voice just spoils it for you a bit? (Bit harsh, I know, but it’s all subjective after all!)

For instance, I sort of feel that way about Pet Shop Boys. Not saying Chris Lowe should ditch Neil Tennant, obviously! lol But there’s just something about Tennant’s voice - kind of a soft, nasal quality - that grates on me. So when I listen to their stuff, it’s like there’s one part of my brain going, “This is a good song” and another going, “No, can’t listen to this” lol. Kinda weird.

Anyone? :)

I was not too keen on Nightwish when they replaced my beloved :bubbleheart:Tarja Turunen:bubbleheart: with Annette Olsen. However, I was happy when she in turn was fired and Floor Jansen took her place. She might not be easy on the eyes (personal opinion), but she has a wonderful voice.

I also have a friend who's a diehard classic rock and roll fan. You know the type: he's very much of a purist. And despite his love for the Rolling Sones, he keeps saying that he hates Mick Jaeger, and that the band should have replaced him long ago. It's a very strange idea if you ask me (I think Jaeger is awesome), but I thought it worth mentioning.

Led Zeppelin, for sure.

:shock: That's a surprising one. Most rock fans love a bit of Bob Plant! Any particular reason?

Rush. I can't stand Geddy Lee's voice.

Can't say I have a strong opinion on Rush either way, but I can see why some people wouldn't like his voice.

I also have a friend who's a diehard classic rock and roll fan. You know the type: he's very much of a purist. And despite his love for the Rolling Sones, he keeps saying that he hates Mick Jaeger, and that the band should have replaced him long ago. It's a very strange idea if you ask me (I think Jaeger is awesome), but I thought it worth mentioning.

I think Jagger's one of those singers who tends to provoke strong opinions. A lot of people find him a bit OTT. I like him. Though, because of his style of singing, he can sometimes be difficult to understand! I've listened to Tumbling Dice scores of times and I still don't know what the frick he's singing most of the song! I know I could look up the lyrics, but I quite enjoy guessing what they are instead. lol

I've never really thought about it to be honest. I'm trying to think of a band, but I have a hard time detaching a lead singer from the actual band.

Interesting thread for sure

Van Halen did just that and got Sammy Hagar as a replacement. Best move they ever made.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back