• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

First Snow Of Season Expected Saturday For Northeast. Mid Atlantic United States

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
www.weather.com

The first snow of the season for New York City is expected tomorrow.

The good old "Winter Weather Advisory".

Has been issued for New York City

Four to Six inches of snow is expected from tomorrow morning, into tomorrow evening.

The snowfall totals have greatly increased since last night at 11 pm.

On the 11 pm hews last night, the forecast was for "Snow maybe brushing the coast with about an inch"

To now.. this.

December 9th is relatively early for such a significant snow to occur.

Here we go!

May you people living in New York have a White Christmas. :snow:

Oh lord of the multiverse, PLEASE for the love of little pink men in PINK do NOT unleash a blizzard on the 21st on December.

Seriously, I have to freaking fly down to Florida that day! o_o

The latest forecast says from three to five inches of snow is expected.

The worst snow looks to be south of here.

Salisbury, MD, is supposed to get up to 12 inches of snow.

It is also very cold.

Winter is definitely here.

I am reading that in Atlanta local businesses closed down because those people don't know how to deal with snow.

According to the local weather guy you folks are seeing the leading edge of the system that dropped some snow on us last night. Just a dusting in my part of town but some parts of Central Texas got a couple inches. If I heard right this was the earliest measurable snowfall around here since record keeping began in the 1880's.

I am reading that in Atlanta local businesses closed down because those people don't know how to deal with snow.

You read that right.... people freakin' out, remembering Snowpocalypse of a few years back. This was nothing like that. We'll see what happens to the water tonight when temps drop.

Right now snow is falling heavily where I live.

I'm hearing it hit against my window, which probably means it;'s a sleet/snow/rain mix at the moment.

They are still saying up to five inches might fall.

It looks like a nasty day.

We had 3 inches in the south yesterday. Today it's gone.

The snow really did not make an impact here.

Something fell much of the day and night.

I say "Something", because while it looked like snow, it was actually a snow/sleet/rain mix.

We did not get anywhere near the six inches forecast. It honestly does not look like we got much of anything.

Today is sunny, and the roads and streets just look wet.

So much for the first "snow" of the season.

You read that right.... people freakin' out, remembering Snowpocalypse of a few years back. This was nothing like that. We'll see what happens to the water tonight when temps drop.

^I have seen a video of people trying to drive on icy roads around Atlanta, not good at all.^

Famous freak out of AccuWeather Meteorologist Jim Kosek during Baltimore's Snowpocalypse:

Notice that the media like to call these things a "snowapocalalypse". We used to call them blizzards. An awful lot of snow at one time. Dang.

Also, I think land based cyclone cloud formations that form over the northeast of America are called Nor'easters.

It's difficult to say exactly how much snow we had Wednesday night/this morning.

It was snowing heavily, late last night, and early this morning.

By noon, it had stopped, the sun was out, and the streets/roads were clear.

It was very cold today, and will be very cold tomorrow. No snow is expected the next few days.

Yet more snow is falling today in NYC.

With the "Winter Weather Advisory" posted.

Once again, a 1 to 3 inch snowfall is forecast from today into tonight.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back