• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (TV thread)

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Hello, hello.

I was wondering if anybody had seen/was a fan of the comedy show It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I haven’t actually seen the show myself, but I came across a blooper compilation from one of its seasons the other day and I’ve now watched them all, some of them several times! (I’m kind of a gag reel enthusiast lol). Looks funny. And the cast seem to have great chemistry! Just wondering if there are any seasons/episodes that are particularly good, should I give it a go. Bit of a longshot, I know, but just thought I’d throw it out there!

Cheeyers. :)

Very funny show about truly awful people.

One of my top 10 favorite shows! Fantastic chemistry from the cast, and the comedy is just in a league of its' own. I actually despised it for such a long time until I spent the night at a friend's house and he forced me to watch the Christmas special. I won't spoil the episode but it does include a scene that Danny Devito stated was the weirdest thing he'd done.

In short, definitely worth the watch!

I am not a big fan of this brand of vulgar, cruel humor. But this show, like South Park, is much cleverer than it claims to be. It contains a part of social satire and like others pointed out on this thread the chemistry between the actors is a pleasure to behold. Plus, the writing is very clever; the authors have complete control and it shows. I don't follow it very closely, but I travel by plane a few times every year and they often have a few episodes available as part of their selection of TV shows, so I get to see it once in a while.

One episode in particular stuck with me. Have you seen that one where the gang plays a very elaborate prank on Dee, leading her to believe that she was going to become famous, only to humiliate her in public? I must confess that the closing scene is so outrageously cruel that it both made me laugh and made me feel bad for laughing at the same time.

The episode where they try to make money through selling gasoline is also priceless. There was this guy who was doing increasingly stupid stuff, yelling WILD CARD!!!!! every time: that was so hilarious :laughhard: And the scene where a paranoia-stricken Frank tortures Dee in the bathroom was awesome!

Thanks for the replies. Seems very promising!

I was thinking I might have to finally give in and join Netflix, as it seems that the only seasons that are available as region 2 DVDs are the first two. But it looks like the show has recently been taken off Netflix anyway! lol

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back