• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

These movies have to stop part 5- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL EDITION

Mrcool

4th Level Orange Feather
Alright this really does not tie into the point of this series. But I am sick of new christmas specials spouting up every year trying to be the "next classic" but we all no that they may air for a year or 2 and be forgotten.
But what about the actual classics, we watch them every year because of...tradition. Today my friends we are taking a look at those specials we watch every year and see if there really that good.

To start off I have to say as much as I admire the stop motion of Rankin bass. It always came off as "off" I mean considering how hard it is to do stop motion I understand that its not going to be perfect, but it still looks odd to me.
But all things considered they have made arguably the most iconic christmas specials.
The first was Rudolf, its the classic tale of a someone who looks a bit different and as such is discriminated until he has a use and then he is loved. There is alot of moments when the vocals become out of sync. Most notable is during hermie and Rudolf's, duet "were a couple of misfits" but why is that you may ask. Well long story short after complaints that Santa did not visit misfit toy island and pick up the toys ( because that truly was something to freak out about ) the next year they added the scene where he picks them up. Due to this they had to remove some stuff. Most notably the removal of "were a couple of misfits". So they made a new scene with the song "fame and fortune". In the late 90s they remastered Rudolf and added back the beloved song....but kept the old footagt leaving them looking as if they are either the best or worst ventriloquist.
I always wondered why the doll was considered a misfit, its never explained and she looks normal to me. Anyways I love this special and so should you
Skipping the little drummer boy because no one gives a shit about that special.
We later got frosty the snowman, in terms of quality, it is superiorly made then Rudolf. Being handdrawn allows better movement and looks alot better then Rudolf. The villain is professor Hinkle and is awesome. I don't know why but I always loved this guy. You may notice that karnes voice is alot better then the rest of the cast. Originally she was voiced by June foray but in the early 70s she was redubed by Suzanne Davidson. She remains uncredited with her voice being credited as June foray. I like frosty probably the most out of the "big 3". Speaking of which the final member of the "big 3" is next up!
Santa Claus is coming to town has not aged well I am sad to say. First off the special is creepy, not the horror movie AHHH!!!....kinda creepy, but the this makes me physicality uncomfortable and I want it to stop kinda creepy. Why is the postman the only major character with slits in his mouth. Its so Damn unnerving and creepy. And finally as a kid who Remembers the 70s quite well, I can tell you that there was never this weird ass transaction of giving santa a kiss and getting a toy. Its not even like "aww that's sweet" because when they do it he makes this strange face that leads me to believe he is into it and that's just EWWWWW....yeah
For some reason the animation is worse then Rudolf's dispite having more then half a decade to improve. Every thing is jittery and the lip syncing is like laughable. I always assume that the burgermesiter was executed. I mean he was merely a burgermesiter ( basically a mayor ) so him making laws that directly oppose the king.
So yeah that special has not held up that well in any regard.
We still have alot of specials to go though but as to not bore you I am ending it here. KEEP ON THE LOOK OUT FOR PART 2!!!!

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back