• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The worst Christmas present you ever got.

Bugman

Verified
Many years ago one of my older brothers gave me a hideous pullover sweater. I had never worn a sweater in my life, or anything pullover for that matter so I don't know where that idea came from. But if he was visiting (we lived in different states at the time) and the weather allowed I'd pull it out at least once. Then during a move a few years later I managed to "lose" it. ;)

I am usually very satisfied with my Christmas presents.

However, last year, my father had the "terrific" idea of sending me a gigantic book, which contained all the paintings of famed Chinese artist Qi Baishi. Believe me I love them, but here's the catch: the book is MASSIVE and weights over 10kgs (I have no idea how many pounds that is to y'all evil imperialists ;)). He sent it to Beijing from France, so the shipping alone probably cost him as much as the thing itself :blaugh: It does not fit in any spot in my library, and at the time my wife and I lived in a very small flat. And when we finally moved out, we had to put it in a box of its own. Beautiful but VERY annoying gift. I swear that when we finally purchase a flat, I'm gonna need a separate room to store my books, with this behemoth occupying 1/5th of it. Okay, I am exaggerating, but the purpose of this thread is to vent out frustration, isn't it? :D

Last edited:
One year my sis and I's parents had the absolutely bright idea of giving us nothing but books for Christmas.

Spoilers: That was not a happy Christmas for anyone.

When I was 12 or 13, I got this horrible silver watch for Christmas. I had to have about five links taken out of the strap to make it fit, and even then, I never wore it! :facepalm2:

The worst Hanukkah present that I ever got was a pair of corduroy pants from an aunt and uncle when I was 12. They made noise when I walked because of the ridges on the thighs rubbing together and they were an ugly brown color as well.

I was 15 or 16, can't recall exactly, and was asked by family to do some Michael Jackson moves for everyone. I reluctantly agreed, sheepishly did a few moves to some MJ music, and got a pair of socks as a gift. It felt like an insult :disgust: worst Christmas experience ever.

Sometimes I receive Christmas ornaments. I'll never understand giving out christmas decorations as gifts. Oh cool... here's a gift I can't use for another 364 days... (if at all...) ...Thanks?

Just about every year my dad gives me button ups that are about one or two sizes too big and pullover sweaters. Kinda like Bugman said, I never wear those kinds of things, so why he buys them for me is pretty confusing. I appreciate the thought but I end up never wearing them or giving them to Goodwill.

Can't recall any real stinkers. Couple of dodgy/ill-fitting clothing items, nothing really tacky though. Oh - and the odd CD that you just knew was more for the gift giver themselves than it was for you. "Here's an album by an artist that you've never expressed any interest in and which I definitely did not buy for myself so that I could make a copy of it before handing the original to you - honest!" lol Mind, that's not really a problem as long it's something half-decent!

Can't say worst, but my grandmother sent me the same Donatello Ninja Turtle figure for 2 Christmases and a birthday. It was cool, though: Meant ol' Donny had extra brainpower to develop new gadgets for his turtle bros.

My Aunt sent of a Donovan Mcnabb Redskins jersey. Over a year after that one season experiment failed and he was gone.

It's not that the gift wasn't nice, it was just a "I can't really do anything with this" type thing.

One thing that springs to mind was a Russell Watson CD - for those who don't know, he is a former dustman/waste disposal operative (no shame in that), who became famous in the UK for a short while after singing Nessun Dorma on some sort of reality TV talent show... the sort of thing that is everywhere at Christmas and make me want to vomit. I think I was bought this after a miscommunication.

However, the worst present I ever had was a pair of socks (plain black, one pair, price label still attached), from an Aunt & Uncle...given that humans frequently joke about giving people socks for Christmas, the staggering lack of awareness on their behalf was baffling, but the interesting thing is that this year, I have actually requested some socks... so I guess it's all about context.

As a 14 year old, why the hell would I want a pair of plain coloured black socks for Christmas. I mean at least get me some novelty socks or something with colour on it...

But, as a 30ish year old, buying socks myself is something I begrudge because it can be surprisingly expensive and isn't really that interesting, so there's no benefit to be had from buying them - but I do like to wear a nice pair of socks these days, much more so than I used to - so it makes sense to top up on these every Christmas when someone else can buy them for me!

One thing that springs to mind was a Russell Watson CD - for those who don't know, he is a former dustman/waste disposal operative (no shame in that), who became famous in the UK for a short while after singing Nessun Dorma on some sort of reality TV talent show... the sort of thing that is everywhere at Christmas and make me want to vomit. I think I was bought this after a miscommunication.

Yeah... I must admit, I prefer his earlier work. By which I mean, when the fucker was emptying dustbins.

Pffff... *wince-smirk*

But, as a 30ish year old, buying socks myself is something I begrudge because it can be surprisingly expensive and isn't really that interesting, so there's no benefit to be had from buying them - but I do like to wear a nice pair of socks these days, much more so than I used to - so it makes sense to top up on these every Christmas when someone else can buy them for me!

Agreed! Never turn my nose up at a pair of socks! Weird thing is, I wouldn't feel right buying them as a gift for somebody else - just seems too mundane. And yet I'm perfectly happy receiving them. Kinda silly.

a plastic fish tank that vibrated with a plastic fish in it

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back