• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

20 greatest pitchers of all time

Even though I am not a Cards fan, I definitely would have put Gibson ahead of Kershaw and Pedro, he is the reason the Cards were so successful in the 60s.

I do agree that Paige is way underrated at #13 and I think Rivera is underrated at #20. I probably would have included Fernando Valenzuela on the list between 15 and 20, but perhaps his lack of longevity hurt his being listed.

Barbershopman

After posting this, I started thinking, where is the knuckleballer Carl Hubbell? In the 1934 All-Star game, he struck out Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe Cronin in succession. All of these gentlemen are in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
Even though I am not a Cards fan, I definitely would have put Gibson ahead of Kershaw and Pedro, he is the reason the Cards were so successful in the 60s.

Agree about Gibson. I'm old enough to have seen him on the mound (on TV) and he was one of my childhood heros.

I do agree that Paige is way underrated at #13..

Again, I agree about Paige. I met him at a Royals game way back when and got his autograph on a scorecard. Lost it somewhere along the way. :(

Barbershopman

After posting this, I started thinking, where is the knuckleballer Carl Hubbell? In the 1934 All-Star game, he struck out Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe Cronin in succession. All of these gentlemen are in the Hall of Fame.
Yes, Hubbell is a glaring omission.

I think that Seaver and Maddux are both too low in Ranking.

Seaver has the third lowest ERA in modern baseball history, at 2.86 ERA, and three Cy Youngs. If the Mets had scored more runs for him, he easily could have 400 wins.

Maddux has 355 wins, four Cy Youngs, and has 3300 strikeouts. He was not a power pitcher or a strikeout pitcher

In my view both Seaver and Maddux should both be in the top three pitchers of all time.

Last edited:
I always thought the Kool-Aid pitcher was pretty good - no wait, we're talkin' base-a-ball here, sorry. I'll agree that Maddux should be a bit higher, and Glavine too. Then again, have been a Braves fan (though not so much so the past few years).

No Marichal, Fergie Jenkins, Rivera should be somewhere in the top 10...Seen 15 pitch including Paige with the A’s

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back