• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I miss the old days

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Does anyone else miss the old days?

Old days for me is the early 90. Mostly for the games, they may not have been as good as today, but, in the old days, you bought a game, you could play it without all the installing and seemingly endless updates.

But, also I miss the old TV shows like Mario Bros. Zelda, Sonic, Mega Man and Captain N. That was just some of the toons I used to watch.

Even the old technology was better IMO. I'm talking VHS tapes, audio cassette tapes, even the PC's seem to last longer, my 95 lasted until they came out with the ME.

I would like to hear about things you miss from your "old days"

P.S. I know I sound like an old man, but it's just something I've been thinking about lately.

I'm with ya man. I miss all those games too. Graphics aside, I personally think some of those games are better than what gets made today. With old school video game systems (NES, SNES, Sega), you had to do all the figuring out on your own (no internet) and those games were HARD. As a kid, I didn't stand a chance of beating most of them but I tried like hell anyways. Today there are way too many chances and save points and what have you. It's like the game holds your hand. Not saying they all do but too many do. It's less of a question of IF you'll beat the game but WHEN with today's stuff.

I also feel like everyone played the same games back then because the market wasn't so saturated. Like every kid (or every boy at least) played Contra and Zelda.

The Zelda TV show was great. Link being like "Well, exxxcccccuuuuusssssseeee me Princess..." to everything. The back and forth between Link and Zelda was so well done.

There's a really neat idea that our generation has such intense and wide-spread nostalgia because we're the generation that grew up as the world became "technocentric". Basically our entertainment systems were the first to become obsolete before we could get enough of them, and now it's comforting to go back to that simpler time by playing old games, watching old shows, and listening to old music.

You guys are too young to become nostalgic already. That is for us old folks who remember the 1950's. :grandpa: :rowfull:

You guys are too young to become nostalgic already. That is for us old folks who remember the 1950's. :grandpa: :rowfull:

I wouldn't really call what I feel nostalgia. It's just I am sick of most of the new-age "technology" .

Another thing that makes me mad is you need internet for everything these days. I bought one of those 3D puzzles a while back, had to have my sister (that was while I was having PC problems) get on the net and print me off some institutions for it.

What were the 1950s like? I've always wondered. Was it anything like the movies that show that time period?
Most of the movies actually made in the 1950's show a sanitized unrealistic version of reality, not surprising since the Hayes Code was still in effect. They show things as much better than they were.

Most movies made now looking back at it go too far in the other direction, making the period seem worse than it was.

What were the 1950s like? I've always wondered. Was it anything like the movies that show that time period?

ccjSeVoh3ZPXoiFSkFmZZM1HmsC.jpg

Bit like that, I reckon. :p

I miss the 80's, early 90's, when most girls wore PANTYHOSE, or STOCKINGs, to dances, church, going to the movies, and basically just dressing up for any "formal" occasion.

Weddings were wonderful, semi-formal college dances were heaven, especially when Footloose played, and all the girls threw off their heels to dance in their pantyhose feet.

You'd go in the library or any hang out place, and gorgeous girls would have kicked their shoes off and are studying, talking, laughing in sheer toe feet.

Ahh, the memories.

Now, everyone dresses like crap. Hell, Walmart got so bad they had to institute a uniform. Weddings used to be great, and even the food was better back then.
Now it's blue jeans and tennis shoes.

I don't know if that pendulum will ever swing back that way, especially in America.

One GOOD thing we have today, that I certainly would NEVER trade for back then, is the comic book movies!

The kids back then couldn't even DREAM they'd see what's on screen now - and I'm NOT talking just special effects.

The stories are MUCH better, the actors are better, the directing is far better. They use comic characters that you'd NEVER see back then - which was always frustrating, because Stan Lee even wanted
them to use them. The old Spider-Man TV show was crap, the Hulk TV show was okay, but not one other character from the comic books ever appeared, in 7 whole seasons!

I mean, damn! General Ross - an old guy in a military uniform, how hard can it be?! Betty Ross - a girl.....named Betty Ross! Rick Jones, a guy in a cowboy hat!
But even villains....The Purple Man - just have a guy in a purple suit, a little purple make up on. People does what he says. Zero special effects required.
The Tinkerer - old guy, lab coat. Mr. Hyde - big wrestler in green suit. Hawkeye - guy with bow and arrow. On and on and on.

They'd never dream a movie like Avengers: Infinity War could ever be made!

Most of the movies actually made in the 1950's show a sanitized unrealistic version of reality, not surprising since the Hayes Code was still in effect. They show things as much better than they were.

Most movies made now looking back at it go too far in the other direction, making the period seem worse than it was.

Makes sense and I can't say I'm surprised.

The stories are MUCH better, the actors are better, the directing is far better.

The crap Hollywood churns out nowadays doesn't even belong in the same universe as those movies. Reboot after reboot. Painfully bad sequels. Bad supporting casts. Someone pointed this fact out to me the other day. There are now more bad Star Wars movies than good ones, more bad Predator movies than good, more bad Alien movies than good, and more bad Terminator movies than good. HOW?! You started off so well...

I'm still considered young, but I do agree with a lot of things mentioned here. Although, I really did enjoy the first Spider-man movie in the early 2000s. Primarily because it had Mary jane and the right amount of cheeziness.

:iagree:

I remember when things cost a nickle: A Coke, an ice cream cone, a popsicle.
Don't even start with prices. When I was a child, mailing a first class letter cost 3 cents. Yes, $0.03, and a post card was only two cents.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back