• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The worst comic strip ever

Mrcool

4th Level Orange Feather
I know alot of people assume I'm the movie guy or the video game guy. Both a valid things about me. But what alot of people don't know is a love newspaper comic strips. They are cheesy, yet funny, stupid, yet clever. I love these short bursts of comedy have always been a long time love of mine and will always be that way.....but alot of them really suck.
Id assume it is a hard business to on top of newspapers have been a dead business for years And most people pick them up at a doctors office or something. So I'd imagine that sticking to the business is a challange and I do give respect to that.
One of the first that comes to mind is Dilbert. Dilberts "comedy" is only funny to those working or have worked in an office space. To outsiders Dilbert is a confusing strip
Beetle Bailey is one that may not be that interesting but deserves praise for the fact that its creator STILL writes the strip. That's 68 years of writing the same comic which is beyond my skill level and devotion.
But to me the comic that takes the cake is non other then Marmaduke. This comic is shit, looks like shit and it will never fucking end.
If we get nuked the one thing that will be left standing is the great Dane known as marmaduke

We get nuked, 200 years from now aliens land and there's nothing left but Marmaduke and roaches. Pretty sure they'd say, "FUCK THIS!!", and move on to another planet.

I have a short list of bad comics.

Mark Trail.
About as fun as reading the classifieds for used lawn mowers. It featured a studly fake guy who was nuts about nature. The inkwork is boring and you can still see it on old aged newspapers used to wrap up old shotgun parts. Jack Kirby would have made a better artist.
MarkTrail.png

hmmmm...I seen that before...
Are_We_Not_Men_We_Are_Devo%21.jpg

Family Circus.
More holsum bile. They're so cute, they're creepy. The best recurring character: Not Me!
201111111830.jpg

The Allstate Mayhem of his time!

Dennis the Menace
I'm surprised Mr. Wilson hasn't be incarcerated for manslaughter to this point. One reason why I hated Dairy Queen.
dennis-us-sample.jpg

Prince Valiant
Nothing but filler for the Sunday funnies.
WallyWoodPrinceValiant.jpg

Best short list...

Dilbert
Far Side
Lockhorns
Garfield
Foxtrot

I always hated Marmaduke, too.
My favorite comic strip as a kid was Nancy.

Chatty Cathy or whatever that one comic strip is called. The worst.

Writing and drawing a newspaper comic was my first career choice and I'm glad I never pursued it. I've always had a huge bone to pick with newspapers running crappy comics but now that things have changed, and will keep changing, I'm not sure how it's gonna go. Anyway, for arguments sake, assuming we're talking about physical space being a factor, the old ones are terrible and should have been scrapped years ago.

They are:

Hi and Lois, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace, Marmaduke, Beetle Baily, Mark Trail, B.C., The Wizard of ID, Peanuts, Garfield, Nancy, Andy Capp, Cathy, For Better or for Worse, Hagar the Horrible, Mary Worth, Mary Starr, Dick Tracy, Momma, Annie, Broom Hilda, Fred Basset, Mutt and Jeff, and Ziggy.

That's off the top of my head but there are probably more old terrible strips that should have quit years ago to make room for new funnies.

I never did get Zippy, mainly I guess because I was repelled by its polka-dotted, microcephalic main character with the pretty bow and perpetual stubble and th' audacity of its presumption to defy a sacred standard of English orthography, no matter how linguistically justified. But it was a staple of my college's student newspaper, so I figured I needed to shut up and pretend I liked it:

Understanding%2BZippy%2Bthree.jpg

Then of course there are the hyper-treacly, mercifully single-paneled Love Is... strips:

Love_Is..._comic_strip.jpg

How it's gotten away with scandalous continual nudity for all these years I'll never know. It must count on the distracting power of syrupy puppy-dog eyes, freckles and button noses.

Among the worst comic strips ever was Dondi. Dondi, the title character, was a young war orphan in 1955 when I first learned to read and he was still a young child in 1986 when the comic strip ended.

My favorites were Beetle Bailey, Ziggy, Peanuts and Blondie, least favorite if I remember the name correctly it was called The Duplex

There was a comic strip that had a character named "Bathless Groggins" that I didn't care for.

"The Lockhorns" sucks like a bucket of ticks!

I used to love "Peanuts" as a kid. I wish they'd cut it out with the re-runs.

The late author of B.C. was from this area (southern tier of New York). He lost me when he became a right-wing Jesus freak shortly before he passed.

The late author of B.C. was from this area (southern tier of New York).

Yes, too bad the B.C. Open still doesn't take place down there (the "Dick's Sporting Goods Open" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue). En-Joie's loss became Turning Stone's temporary gain, as if the latter needed any more prosperity.

Yeah superheros always have had werid public,service announcements

You could like superman and simply tell kids that racism is bad and unamerican
download (7).jpeg

Or you could be like spider-man and tackle issue's like child molestation head on inform us that our favorite web head was raped as a child ( this horrified me as a young boy)Skip.png

Worst : The Lockhorns, Cathy, Prince Valiant (although I liked the animated series)

Best : Garfield, Baby Blues, The Far Side

Sent from my A462C using Tapatalk

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back