• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Too shy?

tickling=feet

TMF Regular
Hi! I've been around the TMF for years but never really made any friends. As the title says, when it comes to my fetish outside of just posting or going to a dungeon I hide it. I truly want to go to NEST this year but I don't know how to ask a random person to session after such a short time of knowing them. Any prior experiences or advice to help me? Tickets are still 70$ so waiting isn't helping but I can't pull the trigger. Thank you to whoever responds.

I can definitely empathize - this will be my first time going to NEST, and I'm more than a little nervous. Like you I've lurked on TMF for years, but now I want to at least _try_ to interact with people in the flesh.

I'm pretty shy myself, so I figure I've got between now and May 4 to prep myself for being in the midst of all those people.
At the moment, I'm trying to start by participating more in discussions - like this one, for example☺ By putting something into the community, however small, it builds. Between now and May you could probably get to know a couple of people reasonably well, and vice versa. If some of those folks are going to NEST, you might have better luck hooking up with them.

Actually, what will probably help more will be the NEST orientation sessions, which I believe are mandatory and may happen more than once. That'd probably be a good place to find out what's good etiquette for asking about sessions.

Best of luck, fellow ticklephile!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Don't be nervous. Seriously. There are always plenty of people and ways to socialize at your own speed. Obviously establishing a rapport with someone you want to session with is important, but I find that talking to those in this community is much easier than talking to a vanilla.

I truly want to go to NEST this year . . . Tickets are still 70$ so waiting isn't helping

Actually, as reported by @porcelaindoll2 in another thread, the tickets are already sold out, but it still might be possible for you to get one through the "Ticket Exchange"; if you're not on FetLife, you can also trying posting in this NEST subforum here about your interest in acquiring a ticket, as well as finding a room(mate) at the event's hotel.

Too shy . . . I don't know how to ask a random person to session after such a short time of knowing them. Any prior experiences or advice to help me?

If you are able to go, one thing that might be very helpful is the "Break the ICE the NEST Meet and Greet" (a.k.a. the "Friday Night Ice Breaker") held on the first night after most people arrive. And also, don't be discouraged if you don't "score" right then and there; my own paralyzing social anxiety wrapped around a core of extreme introversion prevented me from having success not just during the preliminaries but also through the whole of both the NESTs I've ever been to, but certainly not due to any lack of welcome, warmth and attention from the great majority of the other attendees (at my first I was even drafted to participate in a scene during the Sunday open play party, apparently because I was looking so forlorn that pity was taken on me). The relatively large size of the NEST gathering can be intimidating and thus an obstacle to the socially challenged of us, but then again you can look at it as the more the people, the greater the opportunities to find a compatible partner.

At the moment, I'm trying to start by participating more in discussions - like this one, for example? By putting something into the community, however small, it builds. Between now and May you could probably get to know a couple of people reasonably well, and vice versa. If some of those folks are going to NEST, you might have better luck hooking up with them.

Agreed. Just recognizing some people by their online handles, which are put on the name tags you get at registration, could be one way to make you feel a little more comfortable. And you may come out of the event adding more people to your friends list than you had ever had on it before, as I did.

establishing a rapport with someone you want to session with is important

Yes, also crucial, especially for us shy folk. Indeed, I hear there was a problem at the last NEST with some people acting inappropriately, which is why they've now made the orientation session, which @raslebe also mentioned, mandatory for all attendees and not just newbies as it was in the past. The orientation is also a good way to acclimate yourself to the event and possibly build up some rapport with others too.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back