• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Snow Likely.. Again.

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
It looks like another snowstorm is going to hit NYC.

According to

www.weather. com

The dreaded. "Winter Storm Watch"

Has been issued for New York City

"5 to 11 inches of heavy, wet snow" is expected.

Heavy wet snow is the worst type, as that is the type of snow that can snap the power lines.

Such is supposed to occur from tomorrow night, into Wednesday.

Winter is not done yet.

Last edited:
Well, likely related to your storm.... Down here we are under tornado warnings, until 4 AM. At one time, I had a weather alert radio.... seems to have disappeared. Best of luck to all of us.

The "boom" was lowered , so to speak.

www.weather.com

says a "Winter Storm Warning " for 12 to 16 inches of snow

From midnight tonight, to 8 am Thursday.

If this materializes, it will be the largest snowstorm this winter in NYC.

So much for spring being here.

Well, likely related to your storm.... Down here we are under tornado warnings, until 4 AM. At one time, I had a weather alert radio.... seems to have disappeared. Best of luck to all of us.

^I saw on The Weather Channel the results of tornado that his in the suburbs of Atlanta.^

It missed us by far, thank the Lord....

Right now the wind is howling there.

Depending on which forecast you believe

www.weather.com says 12 to 18 inches.

WABC TV in NY says 12 plus inches of snow.

It "should" be a very formidable storm.

I say "Should", because NYC residents know about the storm not too long ago, that forecast a foot or more of snow. and we only got a couple of inches.

We'll see what this one brings/

You'd think with it almost being April, this snow would piss off; but NOPE! That would just be way to convenient.

Windy and very snowy outside my window.

Here we go again!

Someone remind me.....what did them danged groundhogs say about spring?

The funny thing is

It has been snowing all day.

Yet..

The snow has not yet piled up on the roads, probably because the temps are close to freezing.

Now that the sun has gone down, and temps are dropping, it will probably start to pile up.

It is supposed to snow through the night.

This has been a very formidable storm, and it is still snowing heavily.

at 6 pm, the next town from me in Queens, had 7 inches.

It did not look like the roads were piling up.

Since the sun went down, and night fall, there is a lot of snow on the roads.

Chances are, this will total close to a foot of snow, as it is supposed to snow for several more hours.

Based on what was measured according to the website of

www.abc7ny.com

8 to 12 inches fell across Queens.

A lot of those measurements were taken at 1 am.

It was still snowing heavily when I went to bed, at about 1 am.

This was definitely a very formidable storm.

Last edited:
Any of ya's gettin' cabin fever yet?

Apparently it just missed Binghamton and Ithaca. Thank the multiverse.

This was really the second "big" storm of the winter.

Wednesday night/yesterday's storm, and one in early January where we got 12 inches plus.

Other than that, we've had near misses/big forecasts of a foot or more and then gotten only an inch or two.

We also had the horrible cold snap for 10 days to 2 weeks where temps were in the teens and 20s during the day, and 0 at night.

The forecast looks like;; it is finally going to warm up, with temps in the 40s and 50s.

As it should, being spring and all.

I don't know how you guys up north handle the cold weather. I live in Maryland(we got 7-8 inches of snow Tues-Wed) and I would never live any further north because of the long cold winters.

I don't know how you guys up north handle the cold weather. I live in Maryland(we got 7-8 inches of snow Tues-Wed) and I would never live any further north because of the long cold winters.

Maryland isn't warm enough for me. When I move, it will be to one of the regions of Nevada or Arizona where it never snows. :D

I don't know how you guys up north handle the cold weather.

We freeze hard to play hard up here. ;) :D

But seriously, there is only one good thing about winter. NO CREEPY CRAWLIES. That's the only benefit.

I live in Maryland (we got 7-8 inches of snow Tues-Wed) and I would never live any further north because of the long cold winters.

Maryland isn't warm enough for me. When I move, it will be to one of the regions of Nevada or Arizona where it never snows.

I'm honestly perplexed as to were to go when my GF and I are old and grey and want to retire (assuming we'll still be able too at that age). Florida and much of the gulf states might not be viable as within thirty to forty more years it might actually be very prone to flooding. Arizona and Nevada might have severe drought. When I look to the future and my old age, I get afraid that things are going to be all peace and pickles.

We freeze hard to play hard up here. ;) :D

But seriously, there is only one good thing about winter. NO CREEPY CRAWLIES. That's the only benefit.

I'm honestly perplexed as to were to go when my GF and I are old and grey and want to retire (assuming we'll still be able too at that age). Florida and much of the gulf states might not be viable as within thirty to forty more years it might actually be very prone to flooding. Arizona and Nevada might have severe drought. When I look to the future and my old age, I get afraid that things are going to be all peace and pickles.

The southeast(Georgia, the Carolina's) are great, as is the midsouth(Tennessee, north Texas) Anytime you live close to a large body of water, you have to watch out for the occasional hurricane or flood. And in parts of the mid south you might have worry about tornadoes. But no place is perfect.

The southeast(Georgia, the Carolina's) are great, as is the midsouth (Tennessee, north Texas) Anytime you live close to a large body of water, you have to watch out for the occasional hurricane or flood. But no place is perfect.

Yeah, I'm just worried Climate Change is going to make life difficult for me and the people I care about. :(

The Weather Channel is forecasting snow showers possible for this area into the second week of April.

The groundhog is visiting his wrath upon the nonbelievers.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back