• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone else enjoy Esacape Rooms?

Barbershopman

TMF Master
I was introduced to these about three years ago. Basically, you're in a room (or rooms) and given an hour to find the clues that will help you escape. They are very fun, but can be very challenging and frustrating. My first experience, we escaped with a mere 26 seconds left on the one-hour timer.

During a family visit to Kentucky earlier this year, my kids and I did one and I even dragged my mom along. She enjoyed it so much, she footed the bill to go back the next day and do another. They can range from $20-about $50 a person so they aren't cheap, but boy are they fun!!

I am headed out of town for a family wedding this weekend and got a text from my mom today- "The wedding is early Saturday afternoon with a cake reception afterward, how about an escape room after the wedding?"

Apparently I hooked her more than even I thought!!

Barbershopman

I've never done one, but I've watched a few on youtube, and they look pretty fun.

I have heard of them but don't know anything about them.

So what happens if you don't escape in the hour time limit? consequences? or is it just over

If you win, you get a little "reward" (i.e. a bumpersticker). They take a picture of your group along with your time if you escape in time. If you don't, they take a "I lost" picture. There are no real consequences. You can also get out for medical reasons or a bathroom break. But it is a great team building exercise, too. I did one with my staff before our Christmas party. I've done several with friends from high school. Each one has been challenging and fun.

If you win, you get a little "reward" (i.e. a bumpersticker). They take a picture of your group along with your time if you escape in time. If you don't, they take a "I lost" picture. There are no real consequences. You can also get out for medical reasons or a bathroom break. But it is a great team building exercise, too. I did one with my staff before our Christmas party. I've done several with friends from high school. Each one has been challenging and fun.

@luke9606- What Desdemona said. But make no mistake, the "I Escaped" bumpersticker or little trinket gift for getting out IS rewarding.

My first "escape" happened in a room where the percentage of success was only about 28%. So to be the one team in about four to make it out on time is very satisfying, especially all the hard work it takes to make it through.

Barbershopman

I've only done one, but it was very fun! We finished with around a minute left, a real nail biter!

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back