• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TicklesPerSecond Animation (w/poll)

Would you support/pay for a tickle animation patreon on a per-video basis?

• yes

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • no

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters

TicklePerSecond

Hello all!

I wanted to do a little bit of market research, figured this was a good spot to give it a try. I'm working on starting up a Patreon, or similar subscription service for tickling-based animation, something I think is currently pretty under-served outside of a handful of artists and the occasional mainstream bone being tossed our way (usually Japan).

Before I put too many eggs in that basket, I wanted to find out if that was a thing people here would even be interested in paying for. I've never done commissions or anything like that because animation is kind of time consuming as it is.

as an example of what I have in mind, I would like to do a series of "Manganimations" (the inverse of an Animanga), where I use panels from comics or manga that almost certainly won't see an animated adaptation in the future as a base and fully animate them, maybe even include VO. Attached is one such example as a WIP.

I would also like to do short original films themed around tickling. I'm including a WIP of one as an example here as well.

I would like to give these the polish they deserve, with full clean-up and color work. I guess as a reward tier I could post updates and WIPs like i've done here, and take requets/recommendations for story's or comics to use next.

So would anyone be interested in this? And as an aside, does anyone know a good source for stock laughter sound effects, just to start with

Attachments

• e011.jpg
    e011.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 2,056
  • rope.gif
    rope.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 1,983
  • kin.gif
    kin.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,590
Definitely give it a shot at least. This is quality work, honestly. It may take a while to build a base of supporters, but this work would be recognized at some point.

I fully support this! Note: It usually takes 1-2 years of consistency for people to stick around for this.

Saying that: It might not and you could be on to something!

Don't let anything anyone says stop you! I’m just saying that first sentence so you have a clear and focused mindset going forward!!

Looking forward to more awesomeness from you!! 8)

The squirrel one is awesome, if you could keep this up, I would probably support you. You are pretty dang good.

Hory shit! I mean, if Jesus supports this...
It's...
GOSPEL
giphy.gif

You should definitely get a patreon. Good quality animations are extremely rare within the community and your work is amazing. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Lisvender situation.

so any update on this?

Hi! Thanks for your continued interest in this!

It was probably (absolutely) premature for me to announce this thing, as really it's probably a next-year-plan kind of deal. I just wanted to make sure there was sufficient interest before I devoted free-time to it. As most people in the thread have mentioned, consistency is going to be key to success, so I'm building up a buffer of work. Since animation takes some considerable time, I want to make sure I've got a good number of pieces already done, simply to give a good sample size and to have enough stuff to maintain a regular schedule.

I'll primarily be upperbody/belly focused, as that's my personal flavor, but like with the original squirrel sample, there will be a mix of other tickling, too

I'm happy to give another free sample here, just show my progress thus far:

I'm well into the cleaning/coloring process of my first original short, the squirrel one, and I've tossed up the first few shots in an unlisted video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMwPZb2Nl7g&feature=youtu.be

I've also been tracking down and starting to rough out other manga-based shots to make some loops from, so here are a few of those.

Attachments

• test2.gif
    test2.gif
    985.9 KB · Views: 456
  • test1.gif
    test1.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 438
This keeps sounding and looking better and better. I totally get that you want to work in your upperbody medium, it is I would argue less common in the art community. My personal fave is animal licking so your squirrel one is looking very interesting. just don't forget about us foot people;) Keep up the good work.

Amazing work so far! Every one of these animations is a gem, (especially as an upperbody/midriff fan who doesn't always find this much high quality content for that particular niche) looking forward to whatever you do next.
You should definitely get a patreon. Good quality animations are extremely rare within the community and your work is amazing. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Lisvender situation.
Lisvender did some great animations, but I think the issue was that he didn't initially go into his work to emphasize the "tickling" side of things. Which I guess made it a little awkward when it became what his main projects were primarily known for....

Last edited:
any updates?

Yes, actually.

After some months worth of prep, I've realized that between my full-time gig and other personal responsibilities, I've been unable to establish a schedule for myself that I could reliably keep. It seems unfair to ask for a subscription from folks for sporadic updates, so I won't be going the route of Patreon.

Instead, I'll be releasing everything free as it's completed, and making a Kofi account as a sort of tip jar for anyone generous enough to want to compensate my time and efforts.

The Squirrel video is nearing completion, so thanks for checking in!

Yes, actually.

After some months worth of prep, I've realized that between my full-time gig and other personal responsibilities, I've been unable to establish a schedule for myself that I could reliably keep. It seems unfair to ask for a subscription from folks for sporadic updates, so I won't be going the route of Patreon.

Instead, I'll be releasing everything free as it's completed, and making a Kofi account as a sort of tip jar for anyone generous enough to want to compensate my time and efforts.

The Squirrel video is nearing completion, so thanks for checking in!

Patreon has a 'pay per upload' though, right?

Whether or not you do go ahead with a Patreon, it might not hurt to establish a bit of a following on more sites like deviantart or twitter first, which could give you a more concrete platform to keep new fans updated and/or have a set place to sort out your work for more potential followers in the meantime.

Just a suggestion from someone who's not very experienced with the whole process. Looking forward to more from you either way.

Any word on this? I know i keep asking every couple of months but, honestly this is god-teir stuff and way too good to let go.

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back