• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bill Cosby Found Guilty On All Charges In Sex Assault Retrial

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
A large headline on the front page of

www.wpvi.com.

Bill Cosby was found guilty on all charges in his re trial on sexual assault charges today.

This is a major victory for his many victims.

While he "could" go to prison for decades.

At his age, and with his.. position..

It is more likely he will be under House Arrest for the rest of his life.

I felt relieved for the many women who he victimized.

Thoughts on this verdict/situation.?

I'll probably get a ton of flack for this, but I don't think he did it the way the women on the stand say he did it. I've lied enough to know when I'm being lied to.

A lot of things just don't make sense from a logical perspective.

I won't pronounce myself on the case itself.

However I've got a question. How can someone be legally "retried"? How does that work? I thought there was a term under the US law that forbade that explicitly?

However I've got a question. How can someone be legally "retried"? How does that work? I thought there was a term under the US law that forbade that explicitly?
The original trial ended with a hung jury and so is declared a mistrial. This allows the DA to decide whether to retry the defendant with a new jury or seek a plea deal or drop the charges. When a trial ends in a verdict or a judge dismisses a case with prejudice that protects the defendant from being retried on those specific crimes. Known as double jeopardy.

The takeaway message from this saga for me has been that Cosby's messages are still true and valuable even if the man who delivered them failed to live up to them. When I was a kid in grade school we had a D.A.R.E. program to educate us about drug and alcohol abuse. The police officer who instructed us was later busted for drunk driving but it didn't invalidate the truth of his message. A lot of what Cosby said in 'The Cosby Show' and some of his stand up shows, too had positive life messages and it's important to be able to separate the message from the messenger. Just my thoughts.

HappyD

Sad. He's been an icon for so many years, first black man to be in a major T.V. series (I Spy), great comedian. Yet this happens at 80 yrs old. Then again, there is the appeals process. We'll see what happens.

The original trial ended with a hung jury and so is declared a mistrial. This allows the DA to decide whether to retry the defendant with a new jury or seek a plea deal or drop the charges. When a trial ends in a verdict or a judge dismisses a case with prejudice that protects the defendant from being retried on those specific crimes. Known as double jeopardy.

The takeaway message from this saga for me has been that Cosby's messages are still true and valuable even if the man who delivered them failed to live up to them. When I was a kid in grade school we had a D.A.R.E. program to educate us about drug and alcohol abuse. The police officer who instructed us was later busted for drunk driving but it didn't invalidate the truth of his message. A lot of what Cosby said in 'The Cosby Show' and some of his stand up shows, too had positive life messages and it's important to be able to separate the message from the messenger. Just my thoughts.

HappyD

Thank you! That was a very fast and to-the-point answer. I now understand what's going on.

Maybe I am too young (I was born in 1985) but I fail to get the appeal of Cosby's show. I caught it on TV a couple of times and I think it was quite bad. However I see your point and I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I'll even go further. Good art is good art. A film, painting, book or whatever is a good or bad regardless of the personality of the artist who created it. That's why I still support Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson or Kevin Spacey and I hope they continue to shoot movies.

Last edited:
Okay, now that some replies have been given.

My true feeling.

It is a relief that justice was served, and that Cosby's victims got vindication.

My belief is.. that. even if some of Cosby's accusers are/were fabricating some of what was said, Cosby did very serious crimes to many women, and he received his due outcome today.

I feel saddened for Cosby's family, who were dragged through this situation.

Although it was said that Cosby could go to jail for "Decades".

More realistically, at almost 81 years old, he will likely have house arrest for the rest of his miserable life.

Most importantly, the victims got justice with this verdict, and Cosby's public image will be forever altered.

Last edited:
I was very tired when I wrote that reply last night.

As I',m more rested now, I'll express it more clearly.

What I was trying to say is.

The old saying of

Where there is smoke, there's fire.

Bill Cosby committed very serious crimes against many women.

Even if some of Cosby's victims were " making mountains out of moehills" , so to speak , on a portion of what was said about him.

The reality is/was

Bill Cosby committed enough very serious crimes, against so many multitudes of women.

To justify the jury's verdict against him yesterday.

In addition to the criminal penalty of House Arrest for the rest of his life.

It is almost guaranteed that many civil suits will be levied against Cosby.

In addition to the civil suits that he has already settled.

It seems that the proof was in the pudding!

It's good that he actually got convicted. It's sad that the victims of his sexual abuse had to wait this long.

HappyD

I can't really separate an anti-drug message (along with all of his other moralizing) from someone who used drugs to rape women.

Maybe this is one step forward to women being taken seriously when they report this type of thing.

As a person who grew up watching bill Cosby on the Cosby show, I was originally blinded by nostalgia to believe he did the things he did.
Now obviously I don't have that mindset now and whole heartily agree with him being guilty but its interesting to how even someone who was for years seen as a man to look up too was actually a monster.

Several colleges/universities have revoked Cosby's "Honorary Degrees".

Just another step downward in what is now being referred to as

"Cosby's Fall From Grace"

I'm all for sexual assault / rape victims getting justice so long as innocent people don't get hurt in the process.

Bill Cosby has also been expelled from the Motion Picture Academy.

One link to this should be found on.

www.npr.com

It's another reason to never, ever, ever put faith in a PERSON, just in things you LIKE about a person.
People are....people, and will eventually suck, or your eyes will be opened and you'll realize they always sucked, but you look at some aspect of them you like, and follow that, if you still have admiration for Cosby.

For example, I think Dave Ramsey gives good financial advice (usually), I agree with probably 80% of what he says, ...but, he's also very often a judgmental asshole, thinks getting rich is Biblical (it's not.),
and clings ironclad to his 'back in the day' narratives which today, those don't apply.
But, getting out of debt is the way to go, and credit cards and loans will probably lead to headaches.
Now, because he's a judgmental asshole, I'm not going to get buried in debt just to show him!

That's how you look at Cosby - he was a pretty good entertainer, ...who most probably raped a bunch of women.

It's also the immense power of the media, and how we look at people, and how the media dictates how we view people.

I remember on a radio show, maybe the Andy Dean show, Jay Leno's producer was on there, and was telling Dean about how, Bill Cosby was his absolute WORST guest!
He was a complete asshole, mean to him personally, mean to Jay, mean to the staff and guys and gals working behind the scene on the Jay Leno show.
...but when that camera came on, it was "Hey hey hey, I'm Bill Cosby, let's joke and laugh, aren't our cuddly?!" Then when the show was over it "Hey! Hey goddammit! I said stop getting my way! I ain't telling
you again! You people suck!" But good luck telling people that, because who will side with a production assistant over Bill Cosby?

It's why he was able to get away with what he got away with - the media created this image of him, there was no other side or information, AND, his show was HUGE. Back then, when there were very few
channels, The Cosby Show was IT.

If some young starlet said "Hey, uh, Bill Cosby raped me." ...how far do you think that would get?
I had two bosses recently at standard jobs, who were untouchable. They did things that were bullying, absolutely wrong....Jesus, OF COURSE THEY GOT AWAY WAY WITH IT!!!!!! Literally, I mean LITERALLY NOTHINGGG
happened to them. They didn't even get a talking to. Later on, both got awards and praise for whatever bosses get awards and praise for. Human Resources was utterly neutered.

Now, imagine your Bill Cosby. Thousands of people depend on your existence for jobs, the studio makes multi multi millions from you, execs owe their jobs to your existence. The entire channel depends on you
for a large portion of their profits. Millions of fans out there.

Some no name actress says "That's the guy who raped me." Trust me, they will make it go away. That's why you never heard about it all those years ago.

It was horribly sad, and still goes on today, and will go on in the future.
They're catching a FEW of these guys, but I seriously doubt in 5 or 10 years, Hollywood, and America will be devoid of bullies and the "lower class" being taken advantage of, screwed over, pushed around, what have you.

I remember seeing an excellent documentary on racism, emceed by Bill Cosby, while I was in college. In the film, he seemed like such a stand-up, no-bullshit kind of guy, ready to take no bullshit whatsoever from white racists.

How this once-distinguished man has fallen...into a world of shit...apparently of his own making.

I can only highly recommend this video from Family Guy for the occasion:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOu_MsjKp6s

Peter's punchline at the end says it all :rowfull:

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back