• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tom Brokaw, NBC Tickler

brotherted

Verified
Was it just me, or did some of you folks notice the allegation made against Tom Brokaw in Variety? The accuser writes:

We were in the Denver bureau, and there was a conference room. I’m standing there, and Tom Brokaw enters through the door and grabs me from behind and proceeds to tickle me up and down my waist. I jumped a foot and I looked at a guy who was the senior editor of “Nightly,” and his jaw was hanging open. Nobody acted like anything wrong was happening, but I was humiliated. I didn’t know Brokaw other than to say hello in the hall. He was the most powerful man at the network, and I was the most junior person, reporting for an entirely different show. It was really out of the blue.​

I'll admit -- I kind of wish she was a little more descriptive on what she meant by "grabs me from behind." Does that mean his one hand went around her waist his the other hand was doing the dirty work? And he tickled her "up and down" her waist? How long does that imply?

Also, seems like a contradiction to me. On the one hand, we're told the other guy's "jaw was hanging open," but also "nobody acted like anything wrong was happening." Aren't those inconsistent?

Any thoughts?

You can read the whole story here: http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/tom-brokaw-sexual-harassment-nbc-news-correspondent-1202789627/

Its strange. I once had a women playfully threaten to tickle me on the sides while I was doing lab work and once had a lady give me a quick tummy tickle cause I did something nice for her. Nothing I would call harrassment per se.

I suppose it depends on the level ... if you are restraining her and really going at her that is really out of bounds. It also depends on how well you know each other. For me I knew the ladies so it was not a big deal. Here there is no prior relationship.

Guess we have to wait for more details to come out.

Any unwanted touching can be regarded as harassment, the key word being "unwanted."

Note his self-centered and self-serving response. If he didn't do it, certainly he has a right to defend himself, but you can't sound like a whiny, inconvenienced dad caught in traffic taking the kids to soccer practice. Considering he admits hotel meetings with her, as well as "going in for a goodnight kiss," it's clear it wasn't all business. It's like, "How dare she accuse a legend like me," then he even downplays the impromptu tickling with this "you read that right," suggesting no one would think anything of it. Uh, Tom, you're a newsman who should know that what you did is legally simple assault at the very least in most jurisdictions. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ser-claims-i-was-ambushed-perp-walked-1106418

Note his self-centered and self-serving response. If he didn't do it, certainly he has a right to defend himself, but you can't sound like a whiny, inconvenienced dad caught in traffic taking the kids to soccer practice. Considering he admits hotel meetings with her, as well as "going in for a goodnight kiss," it's clear it wasn't all business. It's like, "How dare she accuse a legend like me," then he even downplays the impromptu tickling with this "you read that right," suggesting no one would think anything of it. Uh, Tom, you're a newsman who should know that what you did is legally simple assault at the very least in most jurisdictions. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ser-claims-i-was-ambushed-perp-walked-1106418

Agree....I was surprised by the arrogance of his rebuttal.

The strangest thing to me is that Brokaw did it without first efforting even a minimal friendship with her. I’m pretty sure most of us here have tickled people before without first saying “Is it okay if I tickle you now?” But the difference is they’re people with whom we already have friendship. He obviously felt he had so much power, money and fame, that he’d earned the right to touch women in that way whom he barely knew.

I’d also speculate that if he hadn’t later gone to her hotel room, she probably wouldn’t have gone public with just the tickling story, as many people might consider it potentially innocent.

Note his self-centered and self-serving response.

How dare he defend himself if these accusations are false, right?

If he didn't do it, certainly he has a right to defend himself,

Nice attempt at a disclaimer, but you give away your bias later by saying he did do it - as if you personally saw it happen.

Considering he admits hotel meetings with her, as well as "going in for a goodnight kiss,"

Except that's not what he said in his response. His words were "I may have leaned over for a perfunctory goodnight kiss . . . on the cheek." Of course that's just his word, but misquoting him to make things sound worse doesn't help your argument.

it's clear it wasn't all business.

It really isn't, at least not based on Brokaw's reply.

he even downplays the impromptu tickling with this "you read that right," suggesting no one would think anything of it. Uh, Tom, you're a newsman who should know that what you did is legally simple assault at the very least in most jurisdictions.

And here's where you throw out your "if he didn't do it" disclaimer, because apparently we should never believe the accused in these situations.

I think we can all agree there are two separate conversations to have. One is a legal conversation, whether the criminal "reasonable doubt" or civil "preponderance of evidence" standard. The other is a hunch, speculation, water cooler-type conversation -- just whether we think the accusations seem credible from a gut sense.

As for my gut instinct on this, yes, the stories seem credible. If nothing else, she mentioned another person in the conference room at the time, and contemporaneous phone calls with her friend during the hotel night. Liars inventing allegations from whole cloth usually don't include potential third party corroborators.

It’s a non-story. She’s trying to smear a respected journalist on what amounted to a quick tickle on the ribs. She should get over it. I have! Lmao

It’s a non-story. She’s trying to smear a respected journalist on what amounted to a quick tickle on the ribs. She should get over it. I have! Lmao

Yuk-yuk.
It's not just that one action. It's that plus the others that makes it sexual harassment.
You might see that if you looked beyond the "Oh, boy...tickling!" aspect.

Does there need to be 3 threads where half the dudes on this forum call the victim a drama queen out for money and celebrate a man that put his hands on a woman he didn't know, humiliating and traumatizing her?

Does there need to be 3 threads where half the dudes on this forum call the victim a drama queen out for money and celebrate a man that put his hands on a woman he didn't know, humiliating and traumatizing her?

Lmao the only ‘victim’ here is Brokaw. She and all of you apparently are blowing this way out of proportion. She should’ve kept her mouth shut about it but it was more important to get her name out there as a ‘survivor of sexual assault’. This whole story would be laughable if not for a well respected journalist getting thrown under the bus by another woman scorned. Pathetic.

Lmao the only ‘victim’ here is Brokaw. She and all of you apparently are blowing this way out of proportion. She should’ve kept her mouth shut about it but it was more important to get her name out there as a ‘survivor of sexual assault’. This whole story would be laughable if not for a well respected journalist getting thrown under the bus by another woman scorned. Pathetic.

That's a weird ass stance on your part. Who gives a fuck how you feel about it? If she felt threatened and harassed the night a creep 26 years older than her showed up horny to her hotel room, that doesn't become less important because "YOU" feel it's nothing worth getting jacked up about.

That's a weird ass stance on your part. Who gives a fuck how you feel about it? If she felt threatened and harassed the night a creep 26 years older than her showed up horny to her hotel room, that doesn't become less important because "YOU" feel it's nothing worth getting jacked up about.
Well the problem is, she comes off as a vindictive bitch. I don’t believe she was ‘threatened and harassed’. I think she is just yet another woman who may have experienced some slight discomfort and made the ‘story’ out to seem as if he sodomized her in the NBC men’s room. It’s horrible when you get accused of something innocuous and people are ready to lynch you. Fair?

Hey, it's a slippery slope.
If respected anchormen can't get away with copping a quick feel without worrying about consent, what happens when regular schlubs have to live up to the same standards?
It'd be a nightmare.

Well the problem is, she comes off as a vindictive bitch. I don’t believe she was ‘threatened and harassed’. I think she is just yet another woman who may have experienced some slight discomfort and made the ‘story’ out to seem as if he sodomized her in the NBC men’s room. It’s horrible when you get accused of something innocuous and people are ready to lynch you. Fair?
So... if a man 26 years your senior that can easily get you fired came up behind you and tickled you, then came to your hotel room for a kiss, would you experience some slight discomfort?

So... if a man 26 years your senior that can easily get you fired came up behind you and tickled you, then came to your hotel room for a kiss, would you experience some slight discomfort?

Yes. Would I tell the press about it and try and ruin a good mans name? No.

Yes. Would I tell the press about it and try and ruin a good mans name? No.

If he's willing to use his position to get away with feeling up and propositioning junior staff members, is he really that good of a man?

If he's willing to use his position to get away with feeling up and propositioning junior staff members, is he really that good of a man?

He’s a fine newsman who had a lapse in judgement. Should he be completely discredited because one woman felt a little uncomfortable? That’s unfair to Brokaw.

He’s a fine newsman who had a lapse in judgement. Should he be completely discredited because one woman felt a little uncomfortable? That’s unfair to Brokaw.

Well if it was so trivial, her telling the truth about it should be no big deal.

His credentials as a newsman are not in question. Why is his reputation is more important than her being able to tell the truth?

Well if it was so trivial, her telling the truth about it should be no big deal.

Had she said nothing, we could all go back to our hum-drum lives. Now everyone thinks Brokaw is a sexual deviant. Incredibly unfair to him.

His credentials as a newsman are not in question. Why is his reputation is more important than her being able to tell the truth?

Because she doesn’t realize that her little epiphany could ruin an otherwise good guys reputation.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back