• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Trying to research a concept, thought maybe you all could help

erraticemphatic

TMF Poster
(Wasn't sure whether this classified as tickling-related or not. I'll glady move it over to the general discussion board if necessary.)

So there's a behavior that I want to look into in more detail. I don't know what name it would go by in the academic world, but I would be very surprised if it had not been studied. I believe many of us here (at least those of us who get into the erotic fiction/visual media side of things) can relate to this to some extent. I'll try to describe it as best I can. I'm referring to the way that many of us spend a decent amount of time channeling our sexual/erotic thoughts into semi-permanent "universes" with original characters and ongoing situations--almost like DnD for kink. Prime examples are Bombers' Teeva, CheshireCat's Kali and Friends, etc. (lol it's been a little while since I kept up, these might be outdated). Obviously, we do this fairly naturally, without necessarily thinking about the details. It's pretty intuitive, if you've got the urge in the first place. But I'm interested in studying this a bit and maybe talking with people who are interested in doing this more actively and deliberately for some sort of long-term roleplay thing. (It would be hella ambitious, but as someone with game programming skills, I am even considering a sort of Roll20-style application for this.)

Anyone have useful information?

Definitely something I'd be interesting in talking about. Just sent you a message on it. Hope I can help you with it.

I'd expect it to be more common in the furry community, due to the prevalence of fursonas. They might have some insight on this.

I'd also expect that it's not necessarily common, but that people who do that kind of personal world-building are likely to contribute to the scene via artistic works, making them a vocal minority in any given community.

LurkLurkLurk said:
I'd expect it to be more common in the furry community, due to the prevalence of fursonas. They might have some insight on this.

That's a brilliant idea! I expect that will be a great help in finding a lead.

LurkLurkLurk said:
I'd also expect that it's not necessarily common, but that people who do that kind of personal world-building are likely to contribute to the scene via artistic works, making them a vocal minority in any given community.

You make a good point. I had always put myself in this category because, although I do not create a lot of media (I think I'm going to start focusing on it more, though), I do a lot of internal roleplaying and draw heavily from the work that the artists in our scene have done. I hadn't thought about the fact that a lot of people consuming the same media probably aren't getting that involved in it. Out of curiosity, it sounds like you'd say this isn't something you do very much?

Thanks very much for the input!

You're welcome!

I did a little bit of creation in the sense that I was building a game and writing characters and a setting for it, but it was towards the end of producing that work. I don't have a recurring, universal roster of characters kicking around in my mind, nor a built-up world.

I think you're really onto something by bringing up roleplay. It might be the differentiator.

Last edited:
You are basically seeing a cultural artifact.

How are we exposed to stories in our lives as children? Many are one off tales, but the vast majority is on television and there stories follow the 'series' format. Even Seseme Street is a series with recurring characters We learn that stories are told over time with the same world. And that there are different worlds for different stories.

Later comic books and movies and books reinforce the idea that series of stories are the way we entertain ourselves. That a persistent universe is part of story telling.

So a artist looking to create their own tickling fiction or art tends normally to do what they have learned from. Create a universe.

It's a behavior that comes from far far above this specific sexual culture.

Myriads

Thank you for the insight, Myriads. I think you're right, and it makes me realize I've perhaps framed my question the wrong way. I am more interested in what effects it might have on a person once they've started channeling their sexual energy into this kind of inner fiction, and especially the effects it has when people take part in this in groups, if that makes sense

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back