• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Warhammer: Vermintide II!

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
So, after playing Warhammer: Vermintide II, I gotta say, it was a total blast!

I really do hope they introduce more heroes, monsters, etc etc.

Is it really that great? I am seriously considering getting it. It looks amazing from the previews, and most important to me VERY faithful to the source material.

However... online. I am not a big fan of online games and it does not help that Internet connections are not super good in China.

It's AMAZING dude. We're all hoping for a huge DLC expansion that will give each of the five heroes more career options as well as give us more enemies (Daemons of Nurgle, a few new bosses, and perhaps a new final boss too [I would love to face off against a Hell Pit Abomination]). :D

I am not a big fan of online games and it does not help that Internet connections are not super good in China.

Yeah, it doesn't help that China's government keeps trying to censor all of the internet against any criticism against it or the Prime Minister. That must really slow down the speed of servers. That and the millions of other people logging in.

It's AMAZING dude. We're all hoping for a huge DLC expansion that will give each of the five heroes more career options as well as give us more enemies (Daemons of Nurgle, a few new bosses, and perhaps a new final boss too [I would love to face off against a Hell Pit Abomination]). :D

Yeah, it doesn't help that China's government keeps trying to censor all of the internet against any criticism against it or the Prime Minister. That must really slow down the speed of servers. That and the millions of other people logging in.

I haven't stressed that enough, probably, but it feels really good to have found a fellow GW enthusiast in here :twohugs: I can feel your love for the universe, and your passion really echoes mine. I would love to play a friendly game or two of Warhammer 8th with you one day

:gbtoast:

As for China, while censorship is part of the problem, the other issue is also the poor structure of the connection and a reluctance on the ISPs' part to improve their service. If you try to connect to a Chinese server, it's lightning fast. As soon as you connect to a foreign website, even when it's not blocked outright, it can be unacceptably slow. And when you turn to them for complaint, they dismiss it with words such as "we make the Internet according to OUR needs, not yours", thereby forgetting you're a paying customer. Also, don't even get me started on banking services here, they are the worst I've EVER seen.

I haven't stressed that enough, probably, but it feels really good to have found a fellow GW enthusiast in here I can feel your love for the universe, and your passion really echoes mine. I would love to play a friendly game or two of Warhammer 8th with you one day.

I know right? Good to meet a fellow Warhammer Fantasy Battles fan.

As for China, while censorship is part of the problem, the other issue is also the poor structure of the connection and a reluctance on the ISPs' part to improve their service. If you try to connect to a Chinese server, it's lightning fast. As soon as you connect to a foreign website, even when it's not blocked outright, it can be unacceptably slow. And when you turn to them for complaint, they dismiss it with words such as "we make the Internet according to OUR needs, not yours", thereby forgetting you're a paying customer. Also, don't even get me started on banking services here, they are the worst I've EVER seen.

Dear lord, what a hell of a lot of bullshit to put up with. Quick question, were you born in China or are you a legal immigrant there? I ask as I'm curious if you've experienced any sort of racial discrimination towards yourself (I really hope not).

Dear lord, what a hell of a lot of bullshit to put up with. Quick question, were you born in China or are you a legal immigrant there? I ask as I'm curious if you've experienced any sort of racial discrimination towards yourself (I really hope not).

I was born in France, and I am white. I first came to China when I was 16 for a cultural exchange program, then I settled down there in 24. I am now 32.

I have seldom encountered racial discrimination. I was called a "white trash" once by an angry person, and I was refused a hotel room on one occasion. Not bad in almost 10 years here :p

Honestly there is not much racism here. Please don't take this as a jab, but I honestly think there is more racism in the USA for instance than in here. However, there is discriminiation for sure. Being a foreigner here, I don't enjoy the same rights as everyone else. Sure I have a relatively high-paying job and have access to specific opportunities. For example last month I shot a promotional video for which I was paid $60 for 1/2hr of shooting. I've done some modelling (unthinkable in my own country:D) and I get good first reactions from people; the fact that I speak the language also helps.

And yet... I can't drive, I can't get a loan in the bank, I can't have a credit card, I can't have certain jobs, I can't enter certain circles... Everything I wanna do is subject to more control and more red tape. In short, I am allowed here but every single thing I do reminds me that it's not my country.

It's annoying at times, but it's kind of fun too to try and circumvent those limits wherever I can. It did not prevent me from getting a shiny degree, building a life, a career and a family. I still feel happier here than I ever was in my home country. Should that stop to be the case, I think my wife and I will just move to another country. Maybe the US? ;) I've always wanted to live in Texas~ Or maybe Japan. I'd miss China a great deal though.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back