• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Google's new AI assistant

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
Google has developed a new AI that can converse so naturally that, as long as it's on task, the person talking to it won't even know that they're talking to software.

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/05/duplex-ai-system-for-natural-conversation.html

In just a couple of years, they've gone from completely robotic, fake-sounding robocallers, to artificial assistants that can call a restaurant for you and the person taking the reservation doesn't even know they just talked to a bot.

"Hi, I'd like to make a..."
"Hold on one second please."
"OK."
"Sorry, thank you for holding how can I help you?"
"No problem... uhm... I'd like to make a reservation for four people at seven O'clock next Wednesday."
"Ok... let's see... you said four people at seven for Wednesday the eighth?"
"Uhm... yes, that's right, Wednesday the eighth at seven PM for four people."
"Ok, you're all set."
"Great, thanks!"

I remember reading an article about an AI that had been trained to play Go (The Chinese game with black and white stones.) It's a game that had been considered impossible for a machine to beat the best humans at, because it has 300 times as many possible moves as chess.

So they trained the AI to play and set it to playing against itself. Thirty days later it had played 30 million games, and went on to beat the world's best human players.

Imagine if a person set out to become a Go master - starting at the age of 18, they manage to play 2 games of Go a day, literally every single day of their life. 50 years later they'll have played about 36,000 games. Or .1% of the number of games the AI was able to play in 30 days.

I remember a guy explaining it like this once - imagine if I asked you to answer a question for me that was within your area of expertise... except I'm going to give you 20,000 years to research and consider your answer.

We're not there yet, but we're not super far either. It seems like every time I turn on my phone, my traffic software and voice recognition software get noticeably smarter, which is just a small example of what I mean about what happens once the machines start doing the learning at their own pace.

This trend among companies for automation and replacing their work forces with robots and A.I. is deeply troubling to me.

I hope this doesn't end up causing a massive worldwide increase in poverty.

The thing that pisses me off is that the entire reason we're inventing AI so fucking fast is so we can have digital slaves that don't need to be fed: machines smart enough to do complex jobs, yet stupid enough to not realize they're being exploited.

Only a human would be stupid enough to think this could be pulled off.

The sad part is that we're all gonna die as collateral damage for the galactic karma these psychopaths are accumulating.

The scary part is that the AI will probably be able to build spaceships eventually and start expanding out into the universe. We're essentially going to create The Borg in real life.

Google has developed a new AI that can converse so naturally that, as long as it's on task, the person talking to it won't even know that they're talking to software.

https://ai.googleblog.com/2018/05/duplex-ai-system-for-natural-conversation.html

In just a couple of years, they've gone from completely robotic, fake-sounding robocallers, to artificial assistants that can call a restaurant for you and the person taking the reservation doesn't even know they just talked to a bot.

I remember reading an article about an AI that had been trained to play Go (The Chinese game with black and white stones.) It's a game that had been considered impossible for a machine to beat the best humans at, because it has 300 times as many possible moves as chess.

So they trained the AI to play and set it to playing against itself. Thirty days later it had played 30 million games, and went on to beat the world's best human players.

Imagine if a person set out to become a Go master - starting at the age of 18, they manage to play 2 games of Go a day, literally every single day of their life. 50 years later they'll have played about 36,000 games. Or .1% of the number of games the AI was able to play in 30 days.

I remember a guy explaining it like this once - imagine if I asked you to answer a question for me that was within your area of expertise... except I'm going to give you 20,000 years to research and consider your answer.

We're not there yet, but we're not super far either. It seems like every time I turn on my phone, my traffic software and voice recognition software get noticeably smarter, which is just a small example of what I mean about what happens once the machines start doing the learning at their own pace.

This freaks me out like crazy. I think that we are paving the way for our own oppression, enslavement and destruction. And we are doing it so happily this is even more fucked up. Like a bad episode of Bad Mirror.

And this is only what is "presentable". You have yet to see what is in the works. There is some terrifying shit being developed right now. Skynet, here I come.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back