• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What food normally tastes better home-cooked than it does at any restaurant?

Snuzzlebumble

TMF Poster
For me it's bacon. The bacon is either too burnt or (most of the time) it's extremely soggy and soft. If I can fuck my bacon and it doesn't break into a million pieces, it's not cooked enough.

Only home-cooked bacon is good.

Snail porridge. (Heston Blumenthal can kiss my balls.) :flatstare:

I dunno. I reckon almost nothing in my case. lol

I think most foods taste better when home-cooked, honestly. I can't think of a single dish that I think is better outside. However, cooking good food takes time, and we don't always have it. Restaurants are also great for their atmosphere, and the service.

Otherwise, honestly, I prefer to cook everything at home, unless I am lazy or don't have time.

The one dish I probably like the most at home is, strangely, the hotpot (火锅). It's so much better to do it yourself! It is very, very cheap to make, and when you have guests it's awesome because it requires almost no preparation nor time, and is very participative (like fondue, kind of). I absolutely love to have that at home, especially in the winter months, because it feels so comforting.

在家吃火锅.jpg

I have never had a turkey drumstick in a restaurant that was as good as I have had on Thanksgiving, home cooked. :D

I would say scrambled eggs. My parents make very good omelettes. SnuzzleBumble, I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy the French Toast at Cracker Barrel. I have never had French Toast there. Most of the food I have had at Cracker Barrel is pretty good. I did have scrambled eggs there, and they were just ok, and not great. So again I would say Scrambled Eggs.

Well, don't anyone come running for my culinary delights. You'll be greatly disappointed.

Well, don't anyone come running for my culinary delights. You'll be greatly disappointed.

I'm sure it's not even 1/2 as bad as you say ;) And besides, cooking is a skill that's easy to acquire.

Pie!
Pie is one of those things were if you screw up the process if making it, it will end up tasting like shit. So every restaurant I have been too has had pie with flaky crusts that fall apart instantly, gooey bitter pie filler. And whip cream so thick and tasteless it could choke a fish

I think the following foods taste better at home than in a restaurant in no particular order: spaghetti, chicken, turkey, and French toast.

The fresher the ingredients before it's cooked, baked, or fried, the better the meal will ultimately taste. That's pretty much a fact of cuisine. Some good independent resturants (and even food trucks) make sure their stuff is as fresh as possible (literally farm to table). So it kind of varies to be honest. I've had home meals that weren't good at all because the ingredients were old (not expired mind you but old and frozen).

ON the flip side I find restaurants usually do a better job with chicken fried steak.
Even double battered I don't seemed to get it nearly as they do.

I always feel its best to prepare your favorite dishes at home. I know it sounds boring and tiring as hell - but once upon a time when I was a junk food "junkie" - I would always end up stuffing my face with endless bacon and cheeseburgers and I weighed more than 170 pounds. But gradually I started reading up on how these fast food places run only for the sake of profit and that they will feed you with substandard quality meat, oil, and bread slathered in salt and grease just to make it look appealing without having any concern over your health. My family has a history of high cholesterol and heart diseases and thats when I decided even if I do ended up eating something rich and decedant, I would rather make it at home.

So now be it falafels or lasagna or good-old burgers - I make them at home - save up on money and health.

I always feel its best to prepare your favorite dishes at home. I know it sounds boring and tiring as hell - but once upon a time when I was a junk food "junkie" - I would always end up stuffing my face with endless bacon and cheeseburgers and I weighed more than 170 pounds. But gradually I started reading up on how these fast food places run only for the sake of profit and that they will feed you with substandard quality meat, oil, and bread slathered in salt and grease just to make it look appealing without having any concern over your health. My family has a history of high cholesterol and heart diseases and thats when I decided even if I do ended up eating something rich and decedant, I would rather make it at home.

So now be it falafels or lasagna or good-old burgers - I make them at home - save up on money and health.

Reading your words, I immediately thought about this John Kovalic drawing:

DorkTower311 - Mr Scarfburger.jpg

Just a side note, I find resturants that do the whole "Farm to Table" thing and don't freeze their food often have the best tasting food. That's just my experience though. ;)

Corn on the cob. What you get at restaurants lays in a steam table and gets soggy.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back