• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

We are all in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act

isurrender

TMF Poster
It is against the law to use a fake name on an internet message board.

Therefore, we are all breaking the law. It is a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

No kidding.

The Feds can prosecute us.

If your comments cause someone to commit suicide...you are in trouble. Hooo!

Your fucking kidding me. The stupid House and Senate came up with such an idiotic law?

Therefore, we are all breaking the law. It is a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
No kidding.

Yeah...proving direct causality is pretty tricky without overt statements to that effect.

And I've been known to tear the tags off of mattresses. Fight the power.

Source? I googled it and got a seemingly universal "no."

No kidding.

Well they can suck it. “February” is my legal name.

Muahahaha!

No wait... that’s not true.

Yeah...proving direct causality is pretty tricky without overt statements to that effect.

And I've been known to tear the tags off of mattresses. Fight the power.

I can't believe that's it's illegal to use a fake name on the internet. Proving it is really hard.

I skimmed over what I believe is the act you've described. I saw nothing in it that would support your claim. Do you have a source to support your statement? Or, the part of the act that states this?

'fake name' would need to be defined to even give this any credibility.

'fake name' as in 'identity theft / using someone else's name' name?
'fake name' as in 'deliberately attempting to mislead' name?
'fake name' as in any kind of variation of your own name?
'fake name' as in something completely unrelated to your name, such as 'toybox'?

my username is not a fake name at all.. it's a real username, created as a username... not as a fake name...
If the username field when registering was entitled 'real name', then anything created other than your real name would be a fake name... but still not illegal.
But it's not, it's the username field... so anything can go in it... it's not in the forum Ts & Cs that it should be your real name and no sensible legal mind would ever expect to find everyone's real name being used.

A username by its very nature is rarely going to be a real name.

This is the silliest thread since the 'video of Jennifer Lawrence getting tickled' fiasco.

And, if you used your real name in a username field, there's the possibility, no great likelihood, that there's at least one other person out there with that same name. I've had that happen when signing up to pay bills online - "that user name is taken, please enter another name". Even had law envorcement come after me, because my name was similar to the one they were after (and, more than once). Each time, skin color wasn't right, SSN didn't match, and even the name spelling was a bit different. Nothing like almost having your front door smashed late at night due to a missed ID.

No kidding.

If this is true, they would have to arrest everyone using the net, because nobody uses their real name on the internet. Which they say not to use your real name.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back