• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

World Cup

wolfman28

1st Level Red Feather
I couldn't see a thread on it!

I know alas you guys won't be there :(

But are you going to support or adopt a team?

Nigeria seem to have won the hearts of the neutrals with their glorious kit :D

I don't hold out much hope for dear old England, as long as we get out of the group!

I think smart money would be on the Germans, Argentina and Portugal

I don't think Portugal has much of a chance, but then again we played terribly and won the Euro, so anything's possible! My bet would be on Germany, Brazil or maybe France.

There should be an award for Most Outstanding Injury Faking, Most Vulgar Goal Celebrating, and Most Violent Hooligan Fans.
enhanced-buzz-24889-1365451203-12.jpg

Having said that...
I'm in the USA but I have English blood.
Featuring the late, great Rik Mayall in probably his last appearance

I've backed Brazil to win the tournament and I'm going to stick with them! With Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho, and a host of other world-class players all in great form, I think they'll be very, very tough to beat!

That said, Germany, Argentina, and France will all be challenging as well. Germany have an insanely strong squad, Argentina have Aguero and Messi, and France have a lot of depth and some strong firepower up front. And how about Belgium? They've been hyped up over the past few years and in Kevin de Bruyne, they have the best player in English football right now.

As for England? As much as I would love to be proven wrong, I think a last-sixteen place is the best we can hope for. Behind Harry Kane, we haven't got enough firepower upfront, the midfield lacks creativity, and defensively we're not rock solid. We need Dele Alli, Jordan Henderson, and Kane to have immense tournaments if we want to progress further, but let's see what happens! :)

Last edited:
I'll probably do what I usually in these big tournaments, which is watch the England games with friends over a few beers until we screw up and then just watch the final.

These days I am more a football follower than a fan, although I still go to see my local team play a few times each season, generally I am much less interested than I was back in the days of Manchester United's dramatic treble, the heart-breaking FA Cup final loss of West Ham to that stunning goal by Gerrard and the era of "Three Lions" being the go-to football song.

That said, the Portugal v Spain game yesterday was a thriller judging by the highlights.

I have Japan in a sweepstake.

Generally, I feel football is a complete sham - the money involved, the fickle approach to hiring/firing managers, the diving, the constant subtle attempts to influence officials, shirt-pulling, macho body language, archaic and abusive attitude of some fans - I find it all vulgar, but at the same time I still enjoy watching a fluent game of football and I really hope the World Cup is as clean and respectful as it can be in terms of players and fans.

Roll on Wimbledon!

That said, the Portugal v Spain game yesterday was a thriller judging by the highlights.

That was a truly epic game. I thought Spain had it won, but Ronaldo's goal at the end of the match to preserve a tie, was one for the ages.

Barbershopman

England will come to a standstill tonight we we take on mighty Tunisia.

Three Lions on a shirt and all that!

Germany playing catch up already..

Having said that, the second half was something of a standstill in itself. lol

These are the exact words I would have used!

Really promising start in first half, although there are plenty of teams who would have put more of those early chances away and that's my concern should we progress. Some teams have 3 Harry Kanes so it doesn't matter so much who chances fall to.

These are the exact words I would have used!

I think they're the words - or something similar, anyway - that anybody who watched the match would have used! lol (Southgate: "Here's your half-time sleeping pills, guys!") lol

Really promising start in first half, although there are plenty of teams who would have put more of those early chances away and that's my concern should we progress. Some teams have 3 Harry Kanes so it doesn't matter so much who chances fall to.

Yes. Had the chance fallen to anybody else in the team, it would have been an extremely disappointing draw, I reckon. :)

Anyone have any idea what nation in the World Cup I could root for that doesn't put people in re-education camps and/or discriminate against any ethnicity or gender preference? I'm feeling Germany and some other European nations might be my only viable option at this point.

This is a very strange start to the tournament. It's the first time powerhouses Brazil, Germany and Argentina failed to win their first match, and Germany LOST, but Mexico is no pushover.

Barbershopman

O ye of little faith! :D

Having said that, the second half was something of a standstill in itself. lol

If we win tomorrow, I'll be saying we can win the whole damn thing!

second half was like watching Arsenal pretty passing but no end product lol

Well it's been quite a strange World Cup so far! Germany were dreadful against Mexico. Slow, lethargic, and way below their best. Brazil got out of jail against Costa Rica, Argentina are solely reliant on Messi and he isn't dealing with it at all so far!

As for England, the first half against Tunisia was excellent. We played with pace and energy, and Kane did the business. The second half was much worse, but Kane proved his worth with the winner. He's going to be vitally important if we want to progress deeper into the tournament! :D

GERMANY STILL ALIVE!!

With the threat of the defending World Cup champion not advancing to the knockout stage, Germany, playing with 10 men scores on a set piece in extra time as the 95th minute as time was set to expire. They needed this victory, a tie would have left them on the outside looking in. They aren't out of the woods yet, but they are still alive.

This tournament has been crazy!! This makes two games that I can remember where a team has scored in the final minute(s) to salvage a tie or secure a win. Renaldo saved Spain in a game earlier in the group stage. If the rest of the tournament is like this, we're in for a treat ladies and gentlemen!

Barbershopman

If we win tomorrow, I'll be saying we can win the whole damn thing!

You and God knows how many Englishmen! :p That's the way it goes: "We've got no chance! Look at Germany... Look at Brazil... Look at Spain... How can we compete with that?! But wait, we just beat some shit team quite convincingly... I reckon we're gonna win it now!" :D I still don't think we have any realistic chance... Would love to be proved wrong, obviously. :)

GERMANY STILL ALIVE!!

With the threat of the defending World Cup champion not advancing to the knockout stage, Germany, playing with 10 men scores on a set piece in extra time as the 95th minute as time was set to expire. They needed this victory, a tie would have left them on the outside looking in. They aren't out of the woods yet, but they are still alive.

I watched that. Stupid - I mean really stupid - tackle on edge of box lol. You could just see that result coming, though. Typical Germany. (Bastards lol!)

Anybody else disgusted by the conduct of a lot of the players at this World Cup? Trying to get opposition players sent off, faking injury to waste time, hectoring the referee... Seems worse than ever. Watching Portugal v Iran... Thought one of the Iranian players (may have been the captain actually) was gonna start laying into the ref at one point! Proper squared up to him like he was looking for a fight lol. Shocking.

While I'm at it, what do people think of VAR? Was used several times in Portugal-Iran game - to the point where it became farcical, frankly. I think most people thought it would mean an end to terrible refereeing decisions in big games. Apparently not! lol What also blows my mind is how many off-the-ball-incidents are still missed. Somebody gets rugby tackled inside the opposition's penalty box... VAR: "Eh? Oh no, sorry, didn't see that. Was on Youtube watching a video of a monkey getting its hair combed." lol I think it's a good idea, it just isn't being used correctly.

Any thoughts on this? :)

Given 80% of the predictions in comment here have been wrong, I will make an opposite prediction of what I think, so as not to jinx it,

Brazil beat Belgium Russia beat Croatia Uruguay beat France Sweden beat England

Croatia beat England Belgium beat France

England beat France

I hope that all makes sense to everyone non American

Talked to a guy from Mexico whom I work with. He showed me a meme of Neymar and his antics rolling all over the Earth, down the freeway, across the desert, etc.

I told him someone should make a meme of him and put it to the portion of the Sponge Bob Square Pants song that says "then drop to the ground and flop like a fish". It's a shame, he is a talented player yet he has to resort to antics like that!

Barbershopman

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back