• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Year going quick?

wolfman28

1st Level Red Feather
I seem to find as I get older, that the years go a lot quicker, why is that?

When were kids, the summer holidays used to go on forever and we were always looking forward to Christmas, from about October onwards..

I can't believe we're already in June, the last 6 months have literally flown by for me.

I seem to remember reading something somewhere that we measure time as based of a percentage or the time we've been alive so when your a kid things seem to take much longer as it's a bigger percentage of your life where as when you're an old man/woman the whole day has flown by before you've managed to get anything done. Don't know if that's true or not but it certainly seems like my perception of time has changed as I've gotten older.

I guess it's also because as a kid you have so much stuff that's new or interesting to explore, so much you want to do, where as for an adult often one day can be much like the next. Get up, go to work, come home, chill in front of the TV, rinse repeat.

I agree that having to be more responsible in all the adult aspects of living do seem to put us on auto-pilot. When I was an accountant for all those years, the month-end,quarter-end and year-end closes seemed to be one right after the other. I remember as a kid wanting my birthday,end of school, Halloween, Christmas to hurry up and be here. Wishing my life away to some extent.

The reasons are many, my favorite reason is the one that states if you do something in routine for day after day, then your brain will speed everything up in your head.

So it's literally because you're not doing new things.

I know when I'm lounging around the housei nthe summer, I'm seeing the dsay go by quick. But if I'm actually working on something new like a project around the house, it's super long.

The year does seem to be going by quick. I heard that as we get older, the years do go by quicker for some reason although I am not quite sure why.

The reasons are many, my favorite reason is the one that states if you do something in routine for day after day, then your brain will speed everything up in your head.

So it's literally because you're not doing new things.

I know when I'm lounging around the housei nthe summer, I'm seeing the dsay go by quick. But if I'm actually working on something new like a project around the house, it's super long.

I'd definitely agree with this. When I had an office job with very routine work I found time just seemed to melt away, probably at least in part due to always looking forward to the weekend, to a project being over, to some other milestone that I wanted to get past. And also because my brain didn't need to do much to get the work done. Since going freelance and having more varied work, as well as focusing more on hobbies and actually having a life I've found that I'm no longer thinking that the year is flying by

I also find the years go quicker as I get older.

As a youth, the year was sort of divided in to academic year and holiday time. two significant chunks. And within the academic year there were 3 or 4 terms, broken up with mini-holidays. So you weren't doing the same thing constantly.

As an adult, the seasons are all associated with the same daily grind and routine and it's easy for everything just to tick by without there being frequent enough change for you to really appreciate any parts of the year, other than perhaps the main holiday and Christmas.

I think when something is different, or there's a big change, you really appreciate that time more and make positive, productive use of it - this is why sometimes a short break away of 3 days can often seem longer than a normal 7 day week does.

The great Roman philosopher Hysterium said "Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes". ;)

Now to get serious, yes the time does seem to fly by as we age. I noticed it after turning 50, which sometimes seems like yesterday. And if the name Hysterium sounds familiar you are an old film geek like me. :D

It's terrifying how quickly time passes when you hit forty...hell, I've already had a honey of a mid-life crisis, died an unfortunate, albeit short, death, and am now having to consider just how in the hell I'm going to survive my golden years if I even survive long enough to see 'em. Time flies when your having fun but it fucking teleports when you hit forty. All of a sudden things start breaking down and parts of you you didn't even know you had start malfunctioning. I appreciate the wisdom I've gained and the ability to separate wisdom from knowledge; I like the grey streak in my beard that makes me look like a super-villain; but wondering if I might suddenly drop dead again, or wind up selling matches on a street corner in some wretched city like Hartford...or have to endure the urine soaked smell of some dank institution...it kinda fills me with terror. Sorry to bring the thread down. I've had a bad night.

Fun fact, your perception of time speeds up as you age. SCIENCE! :D

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back