• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thoughts on Mental Health/Suicide

To those who advocate for increased funding to deal with these issues, remember what the current Administration and party-in-power are trying to do with such programs. (And to think I'm a member of that so-called party) Unless we get more vocal, and even vote many of these idiots out of office, things aren't going to change in the near future, and may get worse before they can be turned back around.

I always feel that it's not my business to judge anyone else.

The general state of mental health, and suicide, in the world is tragic, and frightening.

For myself:

As sick from my seizures, sad, depressed, angry, or hopeless as I feel at times.

Suicide has never been more than a "Fleeting thought" for me.

After my mother's long battle with cancer, her passing, and my feelings, and depression because of it.

My father told me that he thought I was going to commit suicide after my mother died.

I don't think I would honestly have done that.

As heartbroken as I felt after she died. I think to have committed suicide, would have been a "Sin to her memory" of how much she loved me, and wanted me to go on with my life.

My mom used to tell me. "Mitch, where there's life, there's hope".

Such is why she fought her battle with cancer for so long, and with such dignity.

I don't know that I could have suffered with such pain, torment, treatment, and suffering for as long as my mom suffered with it

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

While it's not my business to judge anyone else.

The only way I would ever want to commit "Suicide" is if it was assisted suicide, if I had a terminal illness, like Cancer, or such. Where the illness was in the final stages, where the disease was at it';s "end point" like it was when my mom's brain tumor was diagnosed, and the only recourse then was to wait the time, until she passed, which is what we did.

Besides that, my feeling for myself, is to try to deal with life, and fight on.

Last edited:
Everyone is different. Some people have the mental tools to handle stress. Some don't. Some people have more stress in their lives than others. Many may be mentally ill and self medicating. It's so they can escape the pain or numb themselves usually.

Right… But you see, I never really met an adult human being who is not plagued by a kind of insanity or manifestations of sort. Only dogs, cats and 5-year-old kids are totally sane.

No one chooses to become addicted.

Yeah. I never did, until one fine day I find myself drinking coffee.

It's a very good question. Why do some people become addicted to drugs? I can only answer using my own experiences, and what I have observed being in the company of a whole lot of other addicts. The answer, really, is very simple - I (and I'm guessing most other addicts) no longer wanted to participate in life, in reality, in the world around us. Two things you have to understand about addicts - the first is that their ultimate goal is oblivion. They want to "check out" if you will, divorce themselves from the world around them by activating and abusing the chemicals in their brain that facilitate feeling good, calm, and unafraid. The second, is that most addicts are smart; we are clever people who, unfortunately, have become overly sensitive to the world around us. Try to imagine a brain that works too well, so much so that it becomes a burden, taking in too much information and processing all that information to the Nth degree, focusing, primarily, on any immediate threat to it's survival - past and present. For me, it was a means to forget the past, and not only forget the past, but eliminate the past entirely so my behavior no longer reflected it.

That's sort of a basic answer, and it doesn't even begin to describe the escalation, or a person's "drug of choice," but I believe it begins with the discovery of a means to escape.

Then I had an easier life (?)… Or maybe it’s because during my teens, the goodfellas are too shady for a student that the access is very hard – made me more scared than tempted.

Right… But you see, I never really met an adult human being who is not plagued by a kind of insanity or manifestations of sort. Only dogs, cats and 5-year-old kids are totally sane.

Yeah. I never did, until one fine day I find myself drinking coffee.

Then I had an easier life (?)… Or maybe it’s because during my teens, the goodfellas are too shady for a student that the access is very hard – made me more scared than tempted.

I'm sure there are different kinds of insanity then. Maybe you're more sane. Maybe you have the mental tools to better deal with stress. I'm sorry there's not a more cut and dry answer, but issues like this are hardly cut and dry.

I'm sure there are different kinds of insanity then. Maybe you're more sane. Maybe you have the mental tools to better deal with stress. I'm sorry there's not a more cut and dry answer, but issues like this are hardly cut and dry.

Anyway, these are just discussions. Not also trying to feel better than anyone or not, but I got a distant cousin who was very spoiled brat as a kid, with a mother giving everything to him out of (failed marriage) guilt. Maybe to add to the limited stats that we have in this thread, he is the one of the few drug users in the clan. He grew up with a rebellious mind, very addicted to substances and now diagnosed as a schizophrenic due to over drug use. And yes, he was able to get through the spooky goodfellas. I have yet to hear if he would commit suicide, but he is already giving threats to kill his mom.

Yes, these issues are hard.

I also had a stressful life. It could fill up one book. But I tell you... playing a musical instrument really helps.

Anyway, these are just discussions. Not also trying to feel better than anyone or not, but I got a distant cousin who was very spoiled brat as a kid, with a mother giving everything to him out of (failed marriage) guilt. Maybe to add to the limited stats that we have in this thread, he is the one of the few drug users in the clan. He grew up with a rebellious mind, very addicted to substances and now diagnosed as a schizophrenic due to over drug use. And yes, he was able to get through the spooky goodfellas. I have yet to hear if he would commit suicide, but he is already giving threats to kill his mom.

Yes, these issues are hard.

I also had a stressful life. It could fill up one book. But I tell you... playing a musical instrument really helps.

Tell that to Kurt Cobain or Chris Cornell.
Oh, wait...you can't.

You seem to keep attributing suicide to outside circumstances, or something that can be prevented with simple willpower.
Mental illness is a medical issue.
Until we stop looking at mental illness as weakness, or a character flaw, this crisis will continue.

Tell that to Kurt Cobain or Chris Cornell.
Oh, wait...you can't.

You seem to keep attributing suicide to outside circumstances, or something that can be prevented with simple willpower.
Mental illness is a medical issue.
Until we stop looking at mental illness as weakness, or a character flaw, this crisis will continue.

Why "we"... only You. Exclude me because I never even think or mentioned in my post that mental illness is a weakness.

Then, I was saying in my personal experience, playing an instrument can seriously alleviate a lot of *my* anger and stress that may not be applicable to another. And I would mean more with piano.. Never felt the same catharsis with a guitar. It's useless to resurrect Cobain with my useless life trivia.

There seemed to be an underlying tone of "if I can avoid it why can't you" which seems not only short sighted for someone I've always found so insightful, but a little unkind.

If such unkindness (that you call) could prevent one from committing suicide, I hope to have been more unkind. But it doesn't work that way in a forum. I have read your posts in the past about how you raised your sister and your father. I consider you one of the bravest girls of the forum. You keep on going through it. What would I do if my real life sister is, for example, trying to kill herself? Of course, it is not you. If it was you, what would I do?

I was out here stepping on the foot of a non-user, reacting to the death (of Anthony Bourdain that got carried to this thread), who had been so successful in life, but such fortune did not save his life... So I asked in this thread. Why? From where I am standing, what did I miss? Why do they need to take a drug only to let it lead to their death (unless it was actually murder)? My life is also tough. I am not good at other things... maybe I am not so good at expressing things.

If such unkindness (that you call) could prevent one from committing suicide, I hope to have been more unkind. But it doesn't work that way in a forum. I have read your posts in the past about how you raised your sister and your father. I consider you one of the bravest girls of the forum. You keep on going through it. What would I do if my real life sister is, for example, trying to kill herself? Of course, it is not you. If it was you, what would I do?

I was out here stepping on the foot of a non-user, reacting to the death (of Anthony Bourdain that got carried to this thread), who had been so successful in life, but such fortune did not save his life... So I asked in this thread. Why? From where I am standing, what did I miss? Why do they need to take a drug only to let it lead to their death (unless it was actually murder)? My life is also tough. I am not good at other things... maybe I am not so good at expressing things.

Usually unkindness does not make people feel better about themselves or their lives.

Everyone has a breaking point. I have attempted suicide and done drugs.

It seems you are repeating yourself and this is getting circuitous.

If you did have a sister that was having suicidal ideations, I would hope you'd express a different form of kindness than judgment.

What unkindness do you believe would stop a person from commiting suicide?
For the record, I see your comments more self-serving and insensitive than unkind. I don't think you're trying to hurt anyone's feeling, you just show a lack of interest in their experience.

What unkindness do you believe would stop a person from commiting suicide?
For the record, I see your comments more self-serving and insensitive than unkind. I don't think you're trying to hurt anyone's feeling, you just show a lack of interest in their experience.

So what would you like to hear? Never mind. Never mind. I'm sure as hell, I would be more misunderstood.

Whether it's by design, due to the fact that you feel like this subject isn't worth discussing, or, that you are incapable of sympathy; it could might be that you haven't experienced enough of this topic to feel any empathy, I don't know. But whatever the reason your responses have an air of flippancy, Bohemianne. If you're having trouble understanding how serious this topic is, by all means ask questions, but do it respectfully. I answered your question about why people become addicted to drugs; I answered it pretty well, I might add, at least to the best of my ability. If you believe your coffee addiction in some way validates your understanding of hardcore substance abuse, or believe that playing a musical instrument is a reasonable substitute for medication for a person with mental illness, and if you don't understand why some people "just can't get over it," with a few barre chords and a smile, you really should be reading rather than posting. That is, if you really are interested in what we're discussing. I, and the other members who are posting on this thread, are trying to be considerate of one another while we're speaking from our own personal experiences. You're not adding any information worth reading, rather, you seem to be wondering out loud, "What's all the fuss about?" And that's insulting. Mind your tone.

On a positive note, there seems to be a small, but awesome, movement of people on social media trying to remove the stigma of mental illness by sharing their stories, educating folk, making art that describes different conditions or how to help those suffering, folks sharing pictures or videos of their panic attacks, even the body positive and skin positive movements have at least helped me a lot and given me some hope about the possibility of changing the ideas that mental issues are shameful or that there is only one kind of beauty.

Hi folks, I'll say it once and for all, as I have no intention of disrupting the peace of this thread.

It is my bad to have sounded "arrogant" but some of you have already replied in a strong manner enough to stop me from replying anymore other than this one. I'll consider Chicago's comment as a civil criticism. After all she is from MTJ family (even if this thread has nothing to do with that) and she's my English hero.

This is for youngsters who aren't into drugs yet: I'll share that playing music can heal (my) pain in a meditative way. It healed me more than drawing art. Playing a favorite piece in the middle of the night healed me of a lot in coping with supposed depression, which could lead to any other outlet than drinking coffee. I've been so passionate expressing it to the point that it makes me arrogant and it makes me sound like a playful freak hovering about this serious thread.

Would revert to my one-liner post again at the Silly Forum. It makes me laugh by the way, but maybe some of you don't really consider those shallow antics as little forms of healing. It's fine with me. To each his own. But this is a public thread for pessimists and optimists. Maybe I sounded not serious enough to help and uncalled for. I was also not contributing for a while and maybe should post one tickling art in the section for this year.

Don't worry I've been here around and used to it. Will never take it personally.

Last edited:
Hi folks, I'll say it once and for all, as I have no intention of disrupting the peace of this thread.

It is my bad to have sounded "arrogant" but some of you have already replied in a strong manner enough to stop me from replying anymore other than this one. I'll consider Chicago's comment as a civil criticism. After all she is from MTJ family (even if this thread has nothing to do with that) and she's my English hero.

This is for youngsters who aren't into drugs yet: I'll share that playing music can heal (my) pain in a meditative way. It healed me more than drawing art. Playing a favorite piece in the middle of the night healed me of a lot in coping with supposed depression, which could lead to any other outlet than drinking coffee. I've been so passionate expressing it to the point that it makes me arrogant and it makes me sound like a playful freak hovering about this serious thread.

Would revert to my one-liner post again at the Silly Forum. It makes me laugh by the way, but maybe some of you don't really consider those shallow antics as little forms of healing. It's fine with me. To each his own. But this is a public thread for pessimists and optimists. Maybe I sounded not serious enough to help and uncalled for. I was also not contributing for a while and maybe should post one tickling art in the section for this year.

Don't worry I've been here around and used to it. Will never take it personally.

What are you apologizing for? You hurt some snowflake's feelings who is offended by everything? It's alright to have an opinion that rankles some feathers, you're not in some cult where everyone is required to agree. If someone seriously wants to commit suicide, they will accomplish it, that much I know from experience. You may be capable of postponing it for a time but eventually they will succeed. Once the decision has been made they become elated, because they believe they've found the perfect solution. I don't even want to begin counting, let alone thinking of the friends I've lost due to suicide, it's too painful. Most of them were diagnosed with PTSD, the diagnosis was wrong, it was DU and they killed themselves so the pain would cease.

What are you apologizing for? You hurt some snowflake's feelings who is offended by everything? It's alright to have an opinion that rankles some feathers, you're not in some cult where everyone is required to agree. If someone seriously wants to commit suicide, they will accomplish it, that much I know from experience. You may be capable of postponing it for a time but eventually they will succeed. Once the decision has been made they become elated, because they believe they've found the perfect solution. I don't even want to begin counting, let alone thinking of the friends I've lost due to suicide, it's too painful. Most of them were diagnosed with PTSD, the diagnosis was wrong, it was DU and they killed themselves so the pain would cease.

Conflicts doesn't interest me for quite a while. It's not an apology but a petty closure.

Dunno why it had to resort to name calling here, Bator, but figures. That's how this place is now.

I wish a lot of people were stronger. I’m sorry when someone is going through mental health problems, but taking this issue serious clearly shows that you are on the right path. Admitting that you need help is very important in cases like this. By acknowledging this fact, you show that you’re stronger that the condition you have, and you don’t let it take over your life. A while ago, I was feeling depressed. I was going through a rough path in my life, and I reached a point where I couldn’t take it anymore. I was feeling down every day, but at one point I realised I need help. I found this platform that offers panic attack help, supporting people in similar cases and offer a wide range of services in order to help them.

Last edited:
I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,

But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.

-Robert Frost

I wish a lot of people were stronger. I’m sorry when someone is going through mental health problems, but taking this issue serious clearly shows that you are on the right path. Admitting that you need help is very important in cases like this. By acknowledging this fact, you show that you’re stronger that the condition you have, and you don’t let it take over your life. A while ago, I was feeling depressed. I was going through a rough path in my life, and I reached a point where I couldn’t take it anymore. I was feeling down every day, but at one point I realised I need help. I found this platform that offers panic attack help, supporting people in similar cases and offer a wide range of services in order to help them.

There are a lot of people that are dealing with issues that make it a struggle every day just to keep from harming themselves. Some people have issues so deep-seated that they don't realize they have issues, or that they were abused into believing this is the way they're supposed to feel. Implying it has something to do with strength is pretty insulting. It's not like quitting a bad habit.

I see you have edited your response after I replied.

To imply that because someone else got through a hard situation therefore everyone else should be able to do the same is incredibly invalidating. Insinuating that the right treatment is so easy to access is a form of gaslighting. Honestly, much of this post just perpetuates a lot of the stigma and struggles that folks with disabilities face daily. It is rather unhelpful I'm afraid.

(I have attempted in the past and currently am in a pretty serious therapy program that takes up about 10 hours a week.)

Might be a repeat but if you don't have anyone to talk to, please try this:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.

800-273-8255

OR THIS: https://support.google.com/websearc...o&visit_id=637525520124160889-3843654418&rd=1

Which leads to international support: https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/

https://www.befrienders.org/

*Edit: Thank you, Chicago, that is very helpful ! But I didn't think these services should ask for more than a first name... They don't want to discourage people either....

Last edited:
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back