• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Distribution methods for clips

TicklingTips

2nd Level Red Feather
Hi all. After needing to take a break from the tickling game, I'm back and ready to start editing the clips that myself and my model have filmed, and start selling them. There are three main ways I'm thinking of distributing them:

1. Pay per view using Vimeo. A couple of dollars per view. The main disadvantage to this method is I pay a fixed cost per month to allow people to view them, so if not enough people view them in a month, I lose money. The advantage is I can make it cheap and maybe tempt viewers who would not want to buy a clip.

2. Clips4sale. I can't control the price and they take a large cut, but it's reliable and people know it, and are probably comfortable entering their credit card info, more than Vimeo because they know it. Customers would own the clip for a higher price.

3. Patreon. A subscription would get you an email with a link to one clip per month. You would download and own the clip for about $5 per month. The main disadvantage is having to build a base of patrons.

Can anyone recommend either the one they'd most like to see as a customer, or for any producers, which they can recommend based on experience?

I don't know anything about the economics of tickling production as a hobbyist or for a steady income, but I personally don't mind Clips4Sale as I figure it's relatively large size means they have decent cybersecurity and a team to help you if anything goes wrong. It's my preference when purchasing clips though I do use a few private sites, those are for producers who have consistently delivered high quality material.
Hope this helps a bit,
HappyD

For the content-buying portion of this crowd, C4S is the overwhelming preferred platform for purchasing clips. It's the best known, easy to use for both consumer and producer and will certainly provide the best opportunity for the most sales. Even the 40% chunk they take, when you factor in the costs of having/maintaining your own website and platform with commerce capacity, it's not as significant a chunk as it initially seems. The convenience of simply uploading a clip and being done alone is probably worth 20%.

The only drawback in my experience with C4S, is their complete helplessness against certain pirates who are adept at using stolen credit cards to purchase clips on their site. When C4S is notified of the fraud, they immediately refund the credit card an issue a chargeback to the producer. The only problem is, the pirate already has the content, which they then release via file sharing services that actually then pay the pirates for driving traffic their way. So, then the non content-buying portion of this crowd have learned to simply wait for newly released materials on C4S to be pirated.

It bears mentioning, C4S has to also pay $25 to the bank for every refund they issue, so they hate these fraudulent purchases almost as much as the producers. They just can't do anything to prevent it, unless the compromised credit card account is flagged prior to the attempted purchase. I've spoken to a couple of the high volume content releasing studios, and they are able to absorb the piracy due to the amount of content they release and the volume of sales, but I think the impact is much harsher for studios releasing fewer clips.

I'm not familiar with the Patreon or Vimeo models, but I know these days, anything broadcast, can be captured and shared ad nauseam. Personally, I've taken to almost exclusively selling content directly to the purchaser, using various pay apps. Not using C4S has definitely reduced my sales by probably 70-80%, which I am beyond ok with, knowing won't continue giving away content for pirates to monetized without any compensation. Hope this information has been of some use to you.

If you are looking to develop your own solution, please PM me. I did so a few years ago and it's worked well for both hedging piracy and increasing returns.

If you are looking to develop your own solution, please PM me. I did so a few years ago and it's worked well for both hedging piracy and increasing returns.

I remember this, and the forum threads that resulted from the apologies from people trying to pirate your stuff

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back