• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do you want a revolutionary new TMF?

On the subject of the search engine: I don't know if it can be done, but I wonder whether search options could be streamlined. As it is, users who want to do a search in Mainstream Clips (for example) have to scroll through a huge list of subforums, which can make it hard to spot the one they want. While I'm not sure the software would allow it, trimming that list to the subforums most likely to be searched would make that process easier. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, most users don't search individual posters' story or art archives, or gathering threads other than NEST. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about deleting the subforums themselves, just removing some of them from the search engine.

On the subject of the search engine: I don't know if it can be done, but I wonder whether search options could be streamlined. As it is, users who want to do a search in Mainstream Clips (for example) have to scroll through a huge list of subforums, which can make it hard to spot the one they want. While I'm not sure the software would allow it, trimming that list to the subforums most likely to be searched would make that process easier. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, most users don't search individual posters' story or art archives, or gathering threads other than NEST. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about deleting the subforums themselves, just removing some of them from the search engine.

I think it would be better if they search included a way to narrow down the sub forum so nothing is excluded but you only see what you're looking for

AFAIK, There isn't a mobile app for this site? That's something I would use if it's available.

AFAIK, There isn't a mobile app for this site? That's something I would use if it's available.

That's another great point - over 40% of people coming to the TMF do it on a mobile device of some kind, so if we had an app it would get a lot of use.

Don't forget, the site needs to be changed to HTTPS from regular HTTP. Google doesn't like HTTP anymore, and they will just get stricter about it as the months and years pass. Google is strongly encouraging and nudging all websites to move to HTTPS. If you look in the URL bar of your browser, the forum's url is labeled "Not Secure", because it it does not use HTTPS. At some point, HTTPS will be mandatory if you want to be included in Google search results, so best to do it now if you're already going to make big tech changes.

Don't forget, the site needs to be changed to HTTPS from regular HTTP. Google doesn't like HTTP anymore, and they will just get stricter about it as the months and years pass. Google is strongly encouraging and nudging all websites to move to HTTPS. If you look in the URL bar of your browser, the forum's url is labeled "Not Secure", because it it does not use HTTPS. At some point, HTTPS will be mandatory if you want to be included in Google search results, so best to do it now if you're already going to make big tech changes.

Another great point.

And on the subject of increasingly mandatory updates - HDS actually sent me an email this week, which I did not fully understand, but the gist of it was that by sometime in 2020 we have no choice but to upgrade our firmware too or we will have some kind of compatibility issue.

If you have a PO box, could we mail a physical check to you? Or is that a bit too shady?

For me, the TMF is in the 'it ain't broke, don't fix it, just kick in a few bucks so poor Jeff can maintain it' stage.

I still wonder whether the search function could be modified to include just a few key subforums, instead of the long list it has now.

Search is definitely another area that needs to be redone on the back end of the forum - you can imagine the size of the database they were expecting when they invented this software compared to the monolith of information that a forum our size is holding.

Our database is so huge, someday for fun maybe we'll feed the entire forum into an AI and see if it can learn to post like a tickle fetishist :)

Search is definitely another area that needs to be redone on the back end of the forum - you can imagine the size of the database they were expecting when they invented this software compared to the monolith of information that a forum our size is holding.

Our database is so huge, someday for fun maybe we'll feed the entire forum into an AI and see if it can learn to post like a tickle fetishist :)

I like the idea of it reading all the 'true stories' and 'post stories' forum and then having it write a tickle story.
...It'll probably be a pretty kickass Olive Garden commercial.

Of course I'll do it (and I just did). I'm surprised we didn't start this earlier. I remember conversations with you about how much it takes to run this site. You've done an amazing job at keeping the standards so high.
I feel so fortunate to have been at the humble beginnings. There is no question about having my support.

I'm sure you'll get thousands of comments as to how the site could be better and thousands complaining that changing anything will ruin it. I know your decisions will be the right ones.

If you need anything from me you know not to hesitate to contact me.

Max

Thank you kindly

:man:

Lol if I knew it would have been this easy, I'd have asked years ago :p

Second attempt, since you're so nice: could you send me a million dollars? I'll give you the account number in a PM... :D

To free up things, could we consider archiving the forum as it currently is, and then deleting some of the old posts from years ago that are no longer active?

I'm mainly talking about posts with dead images, deleted stories, and topics locked due to their nature from years ago. Nothing recent of course.

I've been on this site for a long time. Many others like it. I like this site, but change is always needed. As the technology in the world gets
better and different we should evolve with it. With new upgrades come finer and more fun things we can use and Jeff wants the best for all
of us. Even if i can't donate now i probably will in the future when finances are a little more stable. I want change, no one should fear change.
Yeah this site has been a part of us for years and many people love it the way it is, but I want change and we need change. Plus I'd like to be
able ot use this site on Google Chrome again since windows updates everything by itself now a days lol

Of course I'll do it (and I just did). I'm surprised we didn't start this earlier. I remember conversations with you about how much it takes to run this site. You've done an amazing job at keeping the standards so high.
I feel so fortunate to have been at the humble beginnings. There is no question about having my support.

I'm sure you'll get thousands of comments as to how the site could be better and thousands complaining that changing anything will ruin it. I know your decisions will be the right ones.

If you need anything from me you know not to hesitate to contact me.

Max

Thanks! I really appreciate your faith in me :)

To free up things, could we consider archiving the forum as it currently is, and then deleting some of the old posts from years ago that are no longer active?

I'm mainly talking about posts with dead images, deleted stories, and topics locked due to their nature from years ago. Nothing recent of course.

That might be possible, although a couple of issues come to mind - for one, I'm not sure how we'd identify the ones that meet the criteria without someone having to go through the forum by hand, which probably isn't practical.

But also, posts that are empty for one reason or another aren't really what takes up space, it's all the media files. To do any good we'd have to prune those, and I would obviously rather not have it come to that. Although if the Patreon doesn't work then there will come a day in the next couple of years when that's what we have to do - make some hard decisions about what to delete.

I don't like the idea of deleting archived content. On a weekly basis, I find myself going through the history on this forum to find specific information about old videos, old content, etc ..

For example; Sometimes I find an old video on clips4sale and it looks decent. I will come to TMF and look up the archives to find any information about that video - reviews, feedback, etc ..And that has actually helped me making buying decisions.

Honestly Jeff I have thought of many different ideas about what good could happen with upgrades with this site
could mean for us. It could help producers in a better light, the forum maybe gets a small upgrade and you can clean
this place of inactives. Customization maybe of avatars in the chatroom and maybe even on the forum. Block features,
a better way for people with tablets and phones to get online consistently without frustration...makes me wish i actaully
stayed in programming and web design lol

Reading all this, I get the feeling that it's gonna be hard AF to please everyone :p Good luck, Jeff!

I don't like the idea of deleting archived content. On a weekly basis, I find myself going through the history on this forum to find specific information about old videos, old content, etc ..

For example; Sometimes I find an old video on clips4sale and it looks decent. I will come to TMF and look up the archives to find any information about that video - reviews, feedback, etc ..And that has actually helped me making buying decisions.

But what about content from dead studios? You can't make buying decisions based on what no longer is around.

"Our database is so huge, someday for fun maybe we'll feed the entire forum into an AI and see if it can learn to post like a tickle fetishist."

Now THERE'S a premise for a civilization-altering sci-fi story! :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back