• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I have some upsetting news

Mrcool

4th Level Orange Feather
Normally I’d open this with “TMF’S resident cool guy” and maybe a silly sentence or two, but I after my trip to the doctors today I decided it would be inappropriate to do so. I debated on wether or not I would post about it because at the moment the information I have is very little, but to be put it simply I have been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD, aside from some more Personal matters that’s all I really know. Like you I am confused and I don’t really know what to expect but they are saying that it looks like it could get petty severe. Again what they mean by that I don’t know, I wish I could give you guys more information or even explain what’s going on but besides the basics I am at a loss. I am going back on Monday to preform more tests.
Now in the event that in the coming years I do happen to pass away I promise you this. In the unlikely event that I die I have talked to my friend Patrick and he will make a post announcing and mourning my death. I know that my sound silly but I want you folks to know if I do die.
I aside from this I want to put this aside and live while I can from what I understand COPD in its later stages can become so severe that it immobilizes you.
Outside of this thread I really don’t want to talk about it. This is mearly but an announcement.

I am very sorry to hear this. :(
Hang in there and do what is necessary to live with this condition.
I will respect your desire not to speak about this outside this thread.

I'm sorry to read this. COPD is generally progressive, that is true, but it doesn't have a set rate of worsening. The doctors will have helpful suggestions and I know there are physical therapy routines that can help delay the furtherance of symptoms. This is a disease that is gaining wider attention so I think it's appropriate to keep your hopes up for targeted therapies appearing in the next few years that may very well mitigate the effects.
Keep your stick on the ice, man.

HappyD

Mrcool.

First let me say that I'm very sorry about your COPD.

Depending on what stage, a person can aid such condition with medication.

Even in "severe stages".

My grandmother had "severe" COPD for many years. She would turn on a portable oxygen machine at night, ,and be able to go out during the day aided by medication to control it. This was many years ago, so perhaps they have other ways to control it, than they did when she was alive.

I wish you all the best in dealing with and controlling your condition.

MrCool, don't give up hope for living a comfortable life. There are ways to make COPD less severe and while they don't always work medicine has become so much more advanced over the years. Please look into possible ways to treat and manage your COPD kay? We'd all miss you so much if you where longer here to post. We all want you to live a comfortable life kay? (hugs) Be strong and don't be scared kay. (hugs again) We're with ya on this!

Extremely sorry to hear this my friend. There is a lot of support out there and medications to help you live with this condition. I wish you all the best. :twohugs:

Normally I’d open this with “TMF’S resident cool guy” and maybe a silly sentence or two, but I after my trip to the doctors today I decided it would be inappropriate to do so. I debated on wether or not I would post about it because at the moment the information I have is very little, but to be put it simply I have been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD, aside from some more Personal matters that’s all I really know. Like you I am confused and I don’t really know what to expect but they are saying that it looks like it could get petty severe. Again what they mean by that I don’t know, I wish I could give you guys more information or even explain what’s going on but besides the basics I am at a loss. I am going back on Monday to preform more tests.
Now in the event that in the coming years I do happen to pass away I promise you this. In the unlikely event that I die I have talked to my friend Patrick and he will make a post announcing and mourning my death. I know that my sound silly but I want you folks to know if I do die.
I aside from this I want to put this aside and live while I can from what I understand COPD in its later stages can become so severe that it immobilizes you.
Outside of this thread I really don’t want to talk about it. This is mearly but an announcement.

First, whatever happens, you are still and always will be our coolest resident :cool:

Second, I am really sorry to hear the news. I can only hope that you will get better. Much love, and many prayers, from China :sadcry:

:man:

There are medications for COPD and then there is portable oxygen.

Alright I figured since it’s almost been a month, I figured I should give an update. First I do want to apologize for how dramatic this post may have came off, I myself was scared and I don’t get scared often. I did not know what they meant, what was going to happen or what to do. I was so scared that when I wrote the thread I let my nerves out and wrote that.
While I do know much more, I really don’t want to go into to much detail but the cause of the diagnosis. Is my smoking addiction. I have smoked at the very least 2 cigars a day for over 30 Years and I have no one else to blame but myself.
I am on medication and I have cut out cigars all together ( which let me tell you is a pain in the ass ) this couldn’t have come at a worse time as I have the big move in barely two months and I still have a lot of work to do.
I hope this is the only update I will have to make

Man, sorry to hear about this. But you've got to remember that even though it can be fatal it's not a death sentence. As Mitchell said medication can help. There are so many conditions and diseases that even as recent as the 70's and 80's meant that your life was over as soon as you were diagnosed are now treatable and people live normal lives and can live as if they don't even have the condition.

Alright I figured since it’s almost been a month, I figured I should give an update. First I do want to apologize for how dramatic this post may have came off, I myself was scared and I don’t get scared often. I did not know what they meant, what was going to happen or what to do. I was so scared that when I wrote the thread I let my nerves out and wrote that.
While I do know much more, I really don’t want to go into to much detail but the cause of the diagnosis. Is my smoking addiction. I have smoked at the very least 2 cigars a day for over 30 Years and I have no one else to blame but myself.
I am on medication and I have cut out cigars all together ( which let me tell you is a pain in the ass ) this couldn’t have come at a worse time as I have the big move in barely two months and I still have a lot of work to do.
I hope this is the only update I will have to make

Regardless of the cause of your illness, I wish you good luck in these difficult times. Stay cool, stay awesome, and be brave! Much love and support! :twohugs:

Effective COPD meds ...

... are not yet available as generics and run in excess of a hundred a month. And COPD is forever. The patient does not recover.

Fortunately, effective heart meds are not outrageously costly.

I understand that last part... I'd kind of want to people on here to know too... so they dont' think I just disappeared, not that very many people would care.... but I don't have anyone that knows about this site..... so I have no one to do that for me... maybe someday... before I die...

I understand that last part... I'd kind of want to people on here to know too... so they dont' think I just disappeared, not that very many people would care.... but I don't have anyone that knows about this site..... so I have no one to do that for me... maybe someday... before I die...

I am very lucky to have my friend Patrick who is very understanding

Thoughts and prayers don’t cover it but they’re coming your way. You will live forever on this blog, my man.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back