• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Question for the ladies

First off, let me say that I'm sorry to hear about your problems, and I'm in the same boat, as far as having thoughts of Suicide, from time to time: some still to this day, not as often though.

Secondly, you don't have to train at something to be skilled at it. Just for an easy example: I have never trained in crafting, but yet I've made a lot of crafting stuff, free-hand, I might add (most of which, I made as a kid). And, just FYI. That kind of thinking is the reason I felt my creative side almost die when my father was alive. He, too, thought you had to be trained or schooled in anything, before you could do it.

Heh well the state has different thoughts on that. You can't become plenty of Professions without degrees. I think it was Beethoven who started playing piano at age 3? Yes! He was naturally talented. For Piano. Not therapy. Would you want your issues diagnosed by a three year old lol You might want him to play piano but... thats about it.

If you told me to fly a plane with not having any experience in training for it... would you get inside my plane for a ride?

Art, that's different. But... it doesn't mean you will get paid for it. Maybe that is what your father was driving at. But Idk ultimately. Depends on what you were doing. Even so... yes there is naturally talented people. But that is not everyone's lot in life.

"If you told me to fly a plane with not having any experience in training for it... would you get inside my plane for a ride"

That depends, how are you at electronics (in general) and reasoning skills?

"If you told me to fly a plane with not having any experience in training for it... would you get inside my plane for a ride"

That depends, how are you at electronics (in general) and reasoning skills?

lolololol

I got an A in Electronics in 9th grade. Reasoning, sometimes pretty darn good. Other times poor. Can I have the keys now? lol ;)

Actually, I already packed two chutes. One for you and one for me. And any true gentlemen, would let the lady jump first.

Um... we still need to learn how to open our parachutes. Without that... splat. If I don't take the time to listen to an instructor teach me... let alone fly the damn thing... buh bye.

In pursuit of love you are forgetting your own safety and that of others. Don't let that color what you think being a gentleman entails.

Part of being in love or even friendship means... sometimes you have to say no to someone when they are doing something that is not in their best interest. This would not be in my best interest. Nor yours. In fact.. if I tried that I should be hauled off to jail. And actually would be. If we survived of course.

And so should you for encouraging me to do it.

Thats not very gentlemanly. It's enabling.

Um... we still need to learn how to open our parachutes. Without that... splat. If I don't take the time to listen to an instructor teach me... let alone fly the damn thing... buh bye.

In pursuit of love you are forgetting your own safety and that of others. Don't let that color what you think being a gentleman entails.

Part of being in love or even friendship means... sometimes you have to say no to someone when they are doing something that is not in their best interest. This would not be in my best interest. Nor yours. In fact.. if I tried that I should be hauled off to jail. And actually would be. If we survived of course.

And so should you for encouraging me to do it.

Thats not very gentlemanly. It's enabling.

Actually, as far as opening a chute. That IS something I already know how to do, and, without training too.

First, make sure to buy a good one, it should be properly packed.

Next, jump, wait, I think it was something like 10-20 second (of course the time varys on how high you are flying), and pull the rip cord.

And, I was using the plane as a metaphor, to show how I trust my friends, on most cases, with my life

Last edited:
Always be suspect of strangers writing pages about what you should do with your life. Take this whole thread with a giant grain of salt.

Always be suspect of strangers writing pages about what you should do with your life. Take this whole thread with a giant grain of salt.

Who do you mean? And as an extra note: I thought Doll and I were just goofing around about the whole plane thing, or at least I know I was.

Or, it might have been part of me thinking in terms of an emergency situation, like 9-11, heaven forbid.

Last edited:
I just mean when you ask for advice, you get a whole lot of answers and everyone wants to tell you about yourself or seem like they know what's best. I've been guilty of it myself many times. At the end of the day, you gotta do what you think is right cuz none of us know you better than you know you. If that makes sense. If not, my bad.

Best of luck either way man.

I just mean when you ask for advice, you get a whole lot of answers and everyone wants to tell you about yourself or seem like they know what's best. I've been guilty of it myself many times. At the end of the day, you gotta do what you think is right cuz none of us know you better than you know you. If that makes sense. If not, my bad.

Best of luck either way man.

Thanks! And, yeah. That makes a lot of sense. In fact, I've been doing some thinking on my own, and, while I will keep therapy in my back pocket, I think I've found the 2 or 3 issues as to why I'm having trouble finding friends\girlfriends.

And, to tell the truth, I had been looking at it the wrong way. It's not really a mental issue.

Quite the thread. I think there have been some good advice so far, therapy for example. CapturedDoll has already gone through it better than could’ve, so I won’t rehash that one.
On an actual advice note, the confidence one is very important, I think. Find a hobby, find something you’re good at, and work on it. You’ll feel good about it because you’ll have a skill that you can maybe share. Look for meetups or groups that share that skill, there’s your ice breaker. There’s no quick way of doing this, but it’s very fulfilling once you see results. You actually can teach an old dog new tricks.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you know that you are worthy and attractive, valid and loved, even if are not always or ever feeling that way. Wanting sexual and romantic connections and validation is one of the most human things that there is -- but before I continue, I want to convey to you that you are important, you are deserving, you are AWESOME regardless of attracting or not attracting whoever.

Most people are more lonely than anyone will know. Intimacy, relationships, loving -- in this life, they can more often be a factor of convenience or periphery rather than of virtue. Even in the best case scenario, knowing and being known is a mortifying ideal for everyone involved, particularly those of us approaching it from a less socially victorious/advantageous position. That being said, I'm going to comment again, and talk about what I think that a guy can do to be attractive to and be liked by a woman.

So here's some woman-loving tips, right from the woman's mouth:

Be funny, or willing and easy to laugh (without forcing yourself). All of my girl friends who are "out of the league" (I don't like that concept) of their boyfriends, have boyfriends who are HILARIOUS or who often make jokes. This isn't a suggestion to change anything about yourself, or to worry about not being funny enough since lord knows we can only try so hard. But if you can find a woman who laughs with you and means it when she laughs, you're already far ahead of the game. It isn't a surefire sign of attraction, but it's a strong basis for it; it indicates affinity.

I'm not personally sexually/romantically attracted to men, at least not interested in relationships with them - and yet whenever I feel the most attracted to them, like a twinge of surprise, is when some guy I underestimated says something really funny and insightful. It demonstrates an ability and willingness to reflect on things, wit and compassion (if you aren't one of those "mean" funny people - people whose jokes revolve around reveling in another's suffering). Self deprecating humor is useful, occasionally welcome, but beware of the other edge on that sword - it has a high margin of diminishing returns, both for others and (more importantly) for self.

Here's another thing: Lord knows it's torture to hear if you struggle liking yourself, but Liking Yourself is an YUGE asset. It communicates to someone that even if they don't think they want you now, there's something about you they might be missing - and a lack of confidence, while attractive to people who like feeling powerful and want to know they can manipulate you, indicates to a stranger that you might have higher need of them than they have of you, and that's a bit of a turn off. (But not something to be ashamed of, if it's true, maybe just something to work on.) People really want to always be the sole beneficiary, but we (thankfully) settle for equivalent exchange

That leads into another point, but it's a moot one for most of us: Just be rich. Be incredibly wealthy. Golden dubloons falling out of your pocket. Some men disdain gold diggers, but I've never really understood that, because frankly you NEED some gold in this world, and men(not all) are the ones who happen to have it in greater quantities. Not only that, but in this life women are generally considered more responsible for children than are men who have the same children, yet women are expected to do the same work for marginal pay in a perversion of the exact same logic, that they'll be more devoted to their kids than their job, while they need the job to take care of them -- A woman knowing that she can find a man who will put her in a position of never having to worry about taking care of her family is no small thing. (In my opinion, there are a lot of times when women love rich men the same way men love beautiful women -- against their better judgment, and helplessly.)

But All of That? Is not even CLOSE to an option for the vast majority of us, and even then is just a guarantee of a partner, not an intimate or loving one. Personally, I am functionally a lesbian (despite bisexual inclinations), and I can tell you that the men me and straight girls find attractive are Genuinely Easy Going in the Face of Rejection. IF a woman rejects you, and you don't use hurt feelings as an excuse to hurt her, if you can genuinely treat it as No Big Deal..... That is ENORMOUS!!!!! I think back so often to the men who gave me that, and I'm so grateful to them, I trust them so much more.

There's a lot of fear and tension involved with both sides of the prospective romantic encounter. Even more than that, women HAVE to be especially guarded just to keep themselves safe. Women can't trust that all men who claim to care about them do, because men finding you attractive is a hindrance to men viewing you as human, sometimes unfortunately or even unbeknownst to them. I cannot TELL you how many male friends I lost in my straighter days, because I wanted to see that would they still be friends with me if they knew explicitly that we were not going to date? Guess how many of those "friends" are still around?

(It was scary and disappointing to me, coming into womanhood and seeing that men do not view me as I view myself or even as I am. My body carries me but it hides me from them as well; some men see only what they want to see, they see only what they want.)

I don't mean to suggest that you're going to cultivate a romantic relationship out of an already existing rejection. That gets awfully close to the border of not taking no as a no. But, if you can manage to not be overwhelmed by your desire to change the nature of your relationship with a woman, and you establish an already existing relationship on another basis, the changes increase DRASTICALLY of her someday theoretically viewing you that way. That is, if you can show to her (and here's the key: Mean It) that you will always value her as much as you do even if you once had expectations that you grant and are comfortable with never being met, you've created a situation in which she knows she can trust you.

This isn't an always-sound strategy if a romantic partner is your only goal, but if you're more generally lonely, every new friend is a benefit, and particularly cultivating complex, robust, far-reaching friendships with women is an excellent strategy for beginning to understand them, understand their humanity, and eventually meet someone someday who thinks, "This guy is a great guy who deserves someone. And he isn't mad at other people for not giving him what he thinks he deserves. I totally know someone/myself who would LOVE to be with him"

Last edited:
Sorry this is so long, but I'm just going to keep spamming the thread until Jeff or God Herself stop me.

All of that stuff might not be immediately applicable, so here's something else. Embrace your idiosyncrasy! Be as weird as you can in only the way that YOU can be. Know this, even if you don't believe it, never forget to know it: You are IRREPLACEABLE!!!!!!! There's never been anyone like you. There never will be again. Same for everyone else, and that doesn't make a single one of us any less MIRACULOUS! ! ! ! There might be some women you've seen who you just weren't attracted to that under other circumstances would QUAKE the foundations of your very heart! The same is true for you and other women. "Be yourself" is a cliche for a reason, but it's often very hard to perform. Hard to know what you feel needs to change because it HAS to change, and what you feel needs to change because of shame and uncertainty. Living and being loved by others is a good way to see what needs to stick, but that isn't always an option we're given.

I don't know if you've tried rippling pectorals and iPhone-breaking abs, but I've been given to understand that's rather effective. Not a flawless strategy tho particularly if you want your insides loved, and less consistent than the Gold Standard I previously mentioned. But even if you can't be sexy hot or beautiful in a way that strangers immediately recognize, you can still try to communicate confidence and attractiveness with your flesh prison by dressing sharply. Even if you're straight, PLEASE take cues from gay guys because men in our society are generally deprived of the wardrobe creativity that women enjoy. Even if other straight men will taunt you for it and even some straight women, women on the whole will largely appreciate you having individuality and stylishness with your appearance, or taking extra hygiene measures to cultivate beauty. The key in doing this, however, is to ONLY ever do it for yourself, to do it as a celebration of yourself rather than an edit. Rather than feeling like you're having to hide yourself, think of it as rapping a bow on what's already a present. It doesn't have to be expensive, either - a few brilliant thrift stores staples will go a long way in increasing your confidence when out in public, or even some drug store moisturizers+etc. can help you find a way to pamper yourself for yourself in your home environment. I would recommend watching Queer Eye on Netflix if you have not already, not just because it's a good show, but it cultivates a positive and uplifting culture of self improvement, rather than a self effacing one.

The last tip I would give would be to adjust your expectations, though of course I don't know anything about yours personally and don't want to assume. I just know that the person you end up being with might not be the one you expect, and both for men and women, appearance is a hurdle not a stable surface. Although it is difficult to hear as a man especially if you feel your whole life you've been outcast for your appearance, it is almost impossible to convey to men how much worse and how much more disposable women are seen as for not being constantly lovely. Sure, there's always someone who'll "fuck" anyone, but that isn't the same thing as being loved and cherished. Even though I like girls and I hate degrading them, I notice myself doing this all of the time. The same exact face on an old woman is soooo much uglier than it is on an old man. Without even thinking about it, we all carry this assumption that a woman's job is to be beautiful, even if we're actively fighting against that worst nature. I don't mean to suggest that you should try to make yourself attracted to someone who you're not (hash tag me with men for many years), but the ugly women of this world are lovely and lovable too.

Like you are lovable, OP, my dear, whoever and wherever you are. I wish all of the best and even more for you. We all need love, We all want it in order to survive, but unfortunately love can not be teleported, fabricated, demanded.. Love has to be grown. All naturally. Love is a tiny seed planted in the earth that eats sunshine and drinks rain and needs warmth. It grows and grows and grows. Sometimes, love has all the right conditions to grow and it still doesn't. But believe you me: Love is much like life, in that it WILL find a way.

Ok. Let me explain this in a simpler way, because I think there was some misunderstanding.

I was looking at things from the handyman prospective. If you think of this problem as say a rotting down wall, or a collapsing floor. You don't just replace it, you have to dig into it to find what is causing the issue.

And, I think Doll took it like I was blaming S.O. No, I wasn't (we were it 3rd grade, I would have to be a real jackass to blame a little girl), I was just pointing out when I started feeling like maybe I didn't deserve love.

And, to GMT: It's to bad, last night, after it got quiet, I sat down and thought about my life. I remembered how S.O. used to treat me. After a short cry (which is the same thing that happens in therapy when someone has a breakthrough) I kind of felt a little better about myself (a little).

It seems like you've got some self awareness about a lot of things, particularly being able to reflect where your complex with women originated even if you don't pin the blame there.

I think what these posters are reacting to is the implication that therapy would be unnecessary, which is patently untrue and a little dangerous to condone - HOWEVER, in your situation, it's more dangerous to condone not eating. I wish we lived in a world with free-all-kinds-of-health-care, but unfortunately some go at our mental health alone. Just know that there are many free mental health help resources you can find online, if your short cries get too long, my dear.

MOREOVER, here's something else. Not all therapy or therapists are the same. You seem to perceive that getting to the root of that rotting wall would teach you something you need to know and that hurts to think about yourself. Even so, there are many mental health professionals that would suggest you move out of the house, or get a professional to help you tear it down and build it up from scratch.

Rejection hurts with unfathomable pain -- moreover, the bad things that happened in our lives when we were little seemed so big, and they stay at that size and scope even as we physically outgrow them. It's hard to break away and see your own hurt from an outside perspective, but if you met your third grade self now, crying over the same rejection for the first time, you might see him better as he is rather than how you feel -- which is someone WORTHY of comfort, not even merely requiring comfort. Then, if you met that girl, wherever she is today - she would comfort your child self, too, not because it was her job not to reject you, but because she never wanted to hurt you this way or for this long.

oops. You're right tho.

Anyway, I think the others' pages aren't about what he should do personally but about the overall efficacy of therapy... Which it's not wrong to be defensive of. We live in a very anti-mental health culture that reinforces negative thought patterns and promotes misconceptions about healing. I always knew I needed help, I always thought it would be a marginal change and a waste of time to pursue it. When I got so bad I was FORCED into it, I kissed the ground and thanked the sky. Good therapy is better than good drugs, because it lasts so much longer. You will wonder, how did I ever live before this

That being said.... Chicago you're right tho

Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person to knock therapy. If I had all the money in the world I'd probably be on the couch every other day.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back