• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So what's happening with Tickle Theater these days?

MTF

TMF Regular
To me, the two best tickling websites for me has always been Tickling Forum and Tickle Theater. But sadly TT seems to be dead these days. Why is that?

When I check things out there there, not only are there few new topics being made, but nobody ever comments in them as well. Compared to Tickling Forum which has tons of new topics being made everyday and a lot of people commenting in them. Plus TF is planning to improve the site in the future while TT in the other hand is doing the opposite. I mean seriously the site looks a little broken.

Is there any reason why Tickle Theater isn't popular anymore?

Just taking a wild guess I'd say that at least part of the reason could be that the site isn't that much different than here. The topics, the sections for topics, the individual threads, etc. aren't that much different than the ones you'd see on this site. I've actually seen threads for new videos and images that were posted here then went over to Tickle Theater to see what they had and I see the exact same videos previews and images. If you have 2 websites with almost identical content eventually people will start to see the similarities and just choose one site. Looks like people chose this one.

I remember that Tickle Theater was more images- and pictures-oriented site, and I liked that, while the Image section here on TMF is mostly previews from clips4sale.

The simple reason is rated in sociology.

All the forums that existed in the early part of this century, The TMF, the TT, UKTF all suffered the same loss of active users when Facebook and Fetlife, and to a smaller extent Reddit rose around 2010. Those sites drained off a lot of the users that were very socially active on the forums, and who fueled the very active posting scenes that existed here prior.

With their active departure things slowed down, which in turn acted as further breaking effect on new posting from new people who continued to arrive in those years. Our 'active on forum' numbers are very much the same as they were in 2010, but our number of posters is massively off.

In the case of UKTF and the TT both fell under what is called 'subcritical' in technical terms. In simple English, that means that post churn fell into a state that made them look inactive to the casual user. So said users would move on. Eventually you get ghost sites sailing through the internet waters. The TMF simply had such a huge posting mass of users, even reduced as it was, we continued to look active, and new people felt comfortable trying to interact. And we seem to have stabilized, and even grown in activity a bit over the last few years.

So, basic changes in the way people choose to use the web, followed by heard principles explain what you see. You can also add in that the TT had several long outrages over the years that further shunted active users from there to here and elsewhere, even though the site recovered as a further factor.

Myriads

So, basic changes in the way people choose to use the web, followed by heard principles explain what you see. You can also add in that the TT had several long outrages over the years that further shunted active users from there to here and elsewhere, even though the site recovered as a further factor.

Myriads
Oh yeah I remember now. Few years ago TT had once stopped working for a long time. I guess people there moved on and forgot about it. Sad that it never recovered the loss of their members.

The Theater had more active RPs in the chatrooms, which I liked most of all. But alas, what Myriads is saying is the truth...The Theater is basically done for and is completely useless when it comes to the Forum because of it's technical difficulties as well as the rising tide of Facebook, FetLife, and Reddit. It's a ghost site and will remain that way unless the Forum decides to promote the shit out of it on their forums. Then maybe, just maybe, there will be some life blood pumped back into it and it will slowly regain it's former glory.

I remember that Tickle Theater was more images- and pictures-oriented site, and I liked that, while the Image section here on TMF is mostly previews from clips4sale.

For a while I thought that but if you keep spreading the same material on the same sites no wonder they didn't last. ....TMF is (my opinion) the most accessible forum with least amount of latency to access. And the fact I discovered this forum first didn't keep TT an option long for me.

TickleTheater had a better subforum for tickling games, but the stability issues ran everyone off. TMF's section for it is pretty dead. Feels like most of the discussion is on 8ch's /tk/.

I remember that ten years ago TT was seemingly more popular even.

Once they went down for awhile, I couldn't get myself back into going there again. no reason. weird.

Honestly after the chatroom went down and no one really decided to fix it, it went downhill from there. Many of the main comers like myself stopped coming because no one was really on. It became sad and lonely there because people were not coming or decided to come here on TMF. TT was never as popular as here but it had a nice population with a different atmosphere than here. Then the heart and soul of that site stopped coming due to real life issues and since she left, no one came back and the chatroom has never been the same. I don't think it had anything to do with Fetlife or anyplace like that. Certain things happened and then the site died.

I'd just echo the statements said in this thread so far honestly but the biggest blow was the database error, after that had happened a lot of members either moved over or just went to other places, which is a shame cause there are so many dedicated members that just never came over here. That also includes a lot of the moderators as well, at this point there are very few that post over there, a chatroom that doesn't function and so many alternative options to choose from. It's a nice little museum of history at this point for anyone who wants nostalgia, just not for any of the content since most of it never recovered

I still go over there and try and shake things up a little once in a while.

TT had a different feel and vibe, in my opinion. I always felt like the community was different and more inclusive, but that could have been due to a smaller userbase. I recall having some not great run-ins here in the early days and so I never really frequented the TMF. But, well, as time serves, you'll get that anywhere.

Anyway, like others have pointed out, the database crash really hurt TT. It was gone for a fairly long time due to not being able to get hold of the owner of TT. During that time, most of the userbase shifted over here. After a few weeks I just stopped checking the TT, and honestly didn't know it had gone back up for a fair amount of time after it returned. I don't think my experience in that regard is unique.

You have to understand the userbase was already smaller to begin with and it really never offered much over the TMF.

I used to go there for the old arcade games until that died lol Not so much for the tickling stuff.

Definitely the two database errors. The first one had the HTML pages restored but lost 100% of the old pictures (artwork, art finds and photos) which was a big reason a lot of people visited the site. But people still hung on. Then the site became unavailable for like a month and a lot of people assumed that it was dead, and migrated all the big threads here. Even though the site is back up, those big threads are now deserted. The few people that still do post in them now see that nobody is reading their messages, so they gave up. Which is a big shame, because I enjoyed the site. There's technically nothing preventing people from going back, people just don't do it. Ask them why, but the reason is that building up an active community takes time (people attract more people), and they've lost a huge audience.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back