• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Patriotic music

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Hello, hello.

Was wondering what people think of patriotic music.

Been watching some of the World Cup and it got me thinking about national anthems, and whether the players are genuinely inspired by the music or whether they’re thinking, “Oh Christ, not this again…” lol

Do you feel proud/moved when you hear your own national anthem? If you had the power to change it, would you? How important is the music, or is it mostly about the message? Do the lyrics need changing/updating in your opinion? Which other national anthems do you like, if any?

Also, what do you think are some of the most patriotic pop songs ever written?

Cheeyers! :)

Meh, America's has a decent melody and all the shit about rockets and bombs is pretty apt. Lol

Ireland's has cool lyrics but sounds like marching band lol

I've always wondered if the Americans were bothered by how impossible their national anthem is to sing when you're not a professional singer. Granted, it's beautiful, but it's really HARD to get right.

I do love the Irish anthem, but my top 3 favorites are really the Russian one, the French one and the Chinese one, in this order. The Russian one in particular is the best national anthem in the world; so beautiful and inspiring!

Ireland's has cool lyrics but sounds like marching band lol

To be fair, traditional Irish music in general gives that impression a lot. Whenever I hear it, I always expect a Leprechaun to jump out of nowhere :D

Have to admit, when I see our flag flying and hear the anthem it stirs something in me. Also like your anthem and the Canadian anthem, in all three cases the instrumental versions. The Star Spangled Banner is difficult and I cringe when people butcher it.

As far as American patriotic music it doesn't get any better than John Philip Sousa. :D

Thanks for the replies so far. Finally got around to doing some research on the ol’ National Anthem front.

I think the American national anthem is pretty decent. Wasn’t too familiar with the lyrics till I looked ‘em up. Nor was I even aware that they are based on a poem written about a battle between US and British troops during – and, if I understand correctly, mostly because of – the Napoleonic Wars. Pretty interesting actually.

Of the ones mentioned so far, I would say my favourite (now that I’m familiar with it!) is the Chinese. Good one for “air conducting”, I reckon – was waving my invisible baton along to that one lol.

I actually like The Star Spangled Banner.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing it, due to the amount of baseball games that I've been to in my life.

I would like to add one. The Czech chant "Ye, who are warriors of God", is an extremely powerful war song, and a very patriotic one, if you know the context. The whole Hussite rebellion should be made into a movie; that stuff is better than Game of Thrones ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnGouVb4lWw

I like The Star Spangled Banner for the most part. It's a fine song I and I respect the fact that it does seem to inspire a lot of other people but am also aware that others view it differently and I respect their opinion as well.

However my favorite patriotic song I really like isn't a national anthem but I think it's a great song all the same...

I like The Star Spangled Banner for the most part. It's a fine song I and I respect the fact that it does seem to inspire a lot of other people but am also aware that others view it differently and I respect their opinion as well.

However my favorite patriotic song I really like isn't a national anthem but I think it's a great song all the same...

I don't think people view the "Star Spangled Banner" itself differently at all, not as a piece of music. I've certainly never heard any call for it to be changed to another song. It's a damned good piece of music!

I was going to say....."U.S. Blues" by The Grateful Dead! But man oh man, Sodahead, did you pick a winner with Woody Guthrie, may I compliment your taste. Absolutely in agreement. You even got "This Machine Kills Fascists" written on his guitar, beautiful. One of the great biographies ever written: "Woody Guthrie: A Life" by Joe Klein, published around 1981....definitive and exceptionally well-written. A rarity in biographies! What a life, what a guy, what a song. This guy literally walked the land he's singing about.

This land is your land, this land is my land
From the California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway
And saw below me that golden valley

I roamed and rambled and I followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me , a voice was sounding

When the sun comes shining, then I was strolling
In the wheat fields waving and dust clouds rolling
The voice was chanting as the fog was lifting

I don't think people view the "Star Spangled Banner" itself differently at all, not as a piece of music. I've certainly never heard any call for it to be changed to another song. It's a damned good piece of music!

I was going to say....."U.S. Blues" by The Grateful Dead! But man oh man, Sodahead, did you pick a winner with Woody Guthrie, may I compliment your taste. Absolutely in agreement. You even got "This Machine Kills Fascists" written on his guitar, beautiful. One of the great biographies ever written: "Woody Guthrie: A Life" by Joe Klein, published around 1981....definitive and exceptionally well-written. A rarity in biographies! What a life, what a guy, what a song. This guy literally walked the land he's singing about.

This land is your land, this land is my land
From the California to the New York island
From the Redwood Forest, to the gulf stream waters

As I went walking that ribbon of highway
I saw above me that endless skyway
And saw below me that golden valley

I roamed and rambled and I followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts
And all around me , a voice was sounding

When the sun comes shining, then I was strolling
In the wheat fields waving and dust clouds rolling
The voice was chanting as the fog was lifting

Thank you sir!

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back