• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Articles On Dating

CapturedDoll

Verified
I thought it would be a good idea to have a Dating thread. :) Where we post the best articles we've read about the culture of dating. Advice articles. Every week there are new threads popping up seeking advice. Maybe it's time we give others OFF of this site a chance to help.

At this point I'm questioning my own advice. I have been in a relationship, and out of the dating scene for 9 years. And while I may have good OR bad advice- at the end of the day- I can only see dating through the lens of my own experiences, behaviors, and tips from others throughout the years. The same as anyone else can. So... might as well pool articles, and let people decide what is best for them. :)

Whatever you think of the articles posted, take what you can from them. Usually there's nuggets of gold here and there, at the very least. Please contribute what you feel has been a good and helpful article. :)

20 Unwritten Rules About Dating

https://uk.match.com/pages/advice/d...ating-advice/20-unwritten-rules-online-dating

Ladies: Please stop doing this.

https://medium.com/@RandyWithers/la...-this-on-dating-apps-immediately-4f301cb1caa1

What Women Really Think Of Your Profile

https://www.eharmony.co.uk/dating-a...lly-think-of-your-dating-profile#.W0hoOKMpB0s

Women Troll On Dating Apps Too

http://theconversation.com/women-troll-on-dating-apps-just-as-often-as-men-72736

Last edited:
"Convertible" means "adaptable".

Nice idea, Captured Doll.

But I had no idea how to contribute until I noticed the pattern under your selections. I think of it as Men Really Ought to Get a Clue About ...

I hope you like my suggestion.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/10/19/airbnb-for-cars

In your opinion, will a lady be impressed if I just say up front that I rented it especially for our date?

Nice idea, Captured Doll.

But I had no idea how to contribute until I noticed the pattern under your selections. I think of it as Men Really Ought to Get a Clue About ...

No this is to help both men AND women if they are seeking advice. I had no thought in stucturing the links to look a certain way. I just posted them as I read them. (If I thought they could be helpful.)

I hope you like my suggestion.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/10/19/airbnb-for-cars

In your opinion, will a lady be impressed if I just say up front that I rented it especially for our date?

I think opinions would vary from woman to woman. Some may love it. Other may think its overkill for a first date. Personally, a singular rose I feel is enough.

If this car was yours outright, not rented, that would indeed be impressive. But... its not. And it might look like you're trying too hard. And trying to look rich rather actually are rich. Which may come across as fake to a lot of women. A flower is really nice and far less expensive. :) This kind of indulgence should be reserved for once you are in a relationship for your one year Anniversary. Or at least 6 months.

I don't know what your financial situation is... but the last thing you want to do is go broke trying to impress someone you have never met. Flower Power. ;)

Yes, there is a disconnect ...

First reaction: "Aw, jeez! I'm just tryin' ..."

I never just go with my first reaction. So okay, I get the principle that a first date should be low-key.

We agree that it is important to impress a woman favorably, especially at first. That's progress.

This subject is a minefield for me. Your effort gets my respect.

I urge anyone reading these posts to speak up, vigorously and in good faith.

Last edited:

It's a so-so (for me). After all, it's not about the CAR but the person's CHARacter. ;)

The first date could be a make or break.

First reaction: "Aw, jeez! I'm just tryin' ..."

I never just go with my first reaction. So okay, I get the principle that a first date should be low-key.

We agree that it is important to impress a woman favorably, especially at first. That's progress.

But what's so great about a flower? Suppose I just stop by the grocery store and pick up a nice table arrangement.

End of date. A rose is only a rose when it comes from a florist, at florist prices. I don't dare kid myself.

We have a stand. We have a view. We are still looking at a minefield.

Well, when I was asked out on dates, and a man or woman brought me a flower(s), I thought that was a sweet gesture. :) Not much more I can really tell you on that one.

It's a so-so (for me). After all, it's not about the CAR but the person's CHARacter. ;)

The first date could be a make or break.

Exactly! It's about the person themself. Not the car or any other materialistic thing. It's not like if you take her on a date... you both will be talking about the car the entire time. That doesn't make a lasting impression. It's you who will (or won't.) unless you are looking to impress a woman who's ONLY interest is in how much money you have. That's the kind of the message you're sending by doing this. And that you can't get by on your personality without the car. Might as well look for a sugar baby. And if so... gotta keep that up or else you will lose the sugar baby. So... don't try to be something you're not. Aka fake being rich. (I get you would tell her it was a rental car but... it still it looks like you're trying too hard.) Overcompensating. I get what you're doing. And it's a sweet thought. But... a first date isn't meant to have so much money spent like this. Which is why I recommended a nice flower. I venture to say single women don't get flowers much anyone. Women DO like that. :)

YOU may not understand why a flower would be nice. But a woman will.

The reason Captured Doll's reply no longer matches my post is that I had second thoughts.

This thread merits a positive atmosphere. It deserves momentum. 'Nuf sed.

The reason Captured Doll's reply no longer matches my post is that I had second thoughts.

This thread merits a positive atmosphere. It deserves momentum. 'Nuf sed.

Alright...

I hope you didn't take what I wrote as negative. It wasn't meant to be. :)

Alright...

I hope you didn't take what I wrote as negative. It wasn't meant to be. :)

No. I would be going back on myself if I tried to warp your words against you.

This is kinda my point. I'm a little wary of you and you're a little wary of me. You don't know me, but you have been ambushed, mis-read and used by people who cannot seem to work out their issues more passively or less aggressively.

Take my post #8 in this thread literally. Hold me to it if I seem to stray.

I wrote in a previous post about the three people whose good opinions matter to me.
(http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?297588-Question-for-the-ladies&p=4345968#post4345968) They are beside me now.

Continue in good faith and I will do the same.

Last edited:
No. I would be going back on myself if I tried to warp your words against you.

This is kinda my point. I'm a little wary of you and you're a little wary of me. You don't know me, but you have been ambushed, mis-read and used by people who cannot seem to work out their issues more passively or less aggressively.

Take my post #8 in this thread literally. Hold me to it if I seem to stray.

I wrote in a previous post about the three people whose good opinions matter to me.
(http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?297588-Question-for-the-ladies&p=4345968#post4345968) They are beside me now.

Continue in good faith and I will do the same.

Yes, absolutely. :)

Alright, hopefully more articles on dating will be posted to read. I do enjoy reading this kind of stuff. Always interesting.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back