• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

And then there was one.

Bugman

Verified
So many iconic American brands have fallen by the wayside in the last ten years or so, for many reasons. Pontiac ceased production in 2010, Howard Johnson's is gone, and Sears and J.C. Penny are shells of their former selves as they stumble along on the road to extinction.

On Monday morning a single Blockbuster store in Bend Oregon will be all that remains of a chain that boasted 9,000 locations in 2004. How long they will last is anyone's guess but I wish them well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ter-standing-in-america/ar-AAA2f1w?li=BBnbfcN

Last edited:
There are no more Toys R Us kids...I hear Subway is doomed and CVS is buying up all the pharmacies. I never liked Subway nor CVS, but thems is the breaks, I suppose. The skeletal remains of phone booths can still be seen framing the once thriving, now decaying, parking lots of the Caldors, Sears, and Pennys...all laid low by the Amazon. There's an Amazon shipping warehouse in my home town that's so unbelievably huge you need a golf cart to navigate it.

There are no more Toys R Us kids...I hear Subway is doomed and CVS is buying up all the pharmacies. I never liked Subway nor CVS, but thems is the breaks, I suppose. The skeletal remains of phone booths can still be seen framing the once thriving, now decaying, parking lots of the Caldors, Sears, and Pennys...all laid low by the Amazon. There's an Amazon shipping warehouse in my home town that's so unbelievably huge you need a golf cart to navigate it.

Yes, the list is long. I liked Subway back in the 80's but the food went downhill and it's been over a decade since I set foot in one.

It's probably closed now but years ago a former sister-in-law worked at a J.C. Penny distribution center that covered 500,000 square feet. Managers got around using bicycles, and golf carts for the big shots.

Can't remember the last time I saw a phone booth or a rotary dial phone for that matter.

Many bookstores are closed now.

Amazon has overwhelmed the market.

We used to have a large bookstore on the main street in the town I live in.

It closed a few years ago, and is now a Target

Last edited:
I used to love browsing in the local Blockbuster store before renting two or three movies. But that was in the age of dinosaurs, the 1990's. :p

Amazon is a cruel monster that barely pays most of it's employee's anything at all. I have a friend who worked at an Amazon.com shipping warehouse. Before he got the hell out of there and got a much better job he was on food stamps and welfare.

Meanwhile Amazon.com's CEO is currently one of the wealthiest humans on the planet and is scheduled to become a tillionaire within another decade. The American free market of capitalism right now is a colossal pyramid of extreme wealth at the top with a metric shit ton of exploitation and poverty as it's foundation and I'm just waiting for it to all come crashing down.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back