• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst film you've ever seen?

Vanillaphant

TMF Master
Hello, hello.

I know we had an overrated films thread a while ago, but I was wondering which films people consider to be the worst of the worst. Whether it’s an infamous box office flop or some obscure independent affair - let’s do some naming and shaming!

A while back I was looking up a film on Wikipedia… One link led to another and I wound up on a page dedicated to films which are generally regarded as some of the worst ever made. Not sure I’d be willing to watch any of them in their entirety, but the trailers for some of them certainly give off a strong “so bad it’s almost good” vibe lol; spent a very entertaining half-an-hour on Youtube checking them out. My personal favourites (in case anybody wanted to do the same) were: The Creeping Terror, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Nukie, Ben and Arthur and An American Hippie in Israel.

Was also wondering if anybody had seen The Room. Again, not sure I’d want to see the film itself, but James Franco’s The Disaster Artist - a film about the film, so to speak! - sounds like it might be worth checking out.

Cheeyers! :)

My choice. It was something I saw a long time ago.

It was also "highly rated " by the critics.

I hated it, however.

Leaving Las Vegas.

With Nicolas Cage, and Elisabeth Shue.

I found it depressing, and just .. not entertaining.

I know that it was from.. 1995.

I don;t see nearly as many movies as I used to when I lived in PA.

The few that I have seen, since I've been in NYC the last six years, I really have enjoyed.

Leaving Las Vegas. Came to mind, when I saw this thread.

Worst film ever..... "Yor: Hunter From The Future"

No doubt about it. :D

Among films that had a large budget and several world famous stars, the very worst that I ever saw was Ishtar (1987) starring Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, and Isabelle Adjani. A total piece of shit.

Among films that had a large budget and several world famous stars, the very worst that I ever saw was Ishtar (1987) starring Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, and Isabelle Adjani. A total piece of shit.

Never saw that clunker but I remember the roasting it got in the press.

Don't know that it's the worst but The Conqueror (1956) starring John Wayne has to be near the top. Can you picture The Duke as Genghis Khan? I can't either.

Only once have I left a movie theater before the show was over.

The Mist. Literally THE WORST ending to ANY MOVIE! I walked out of that movie wanting to kick the makers of it in the dick!

Last edited:
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. It was...a shitshow. The writing, the effects, the stunts, the fight scenes. Just...horrible. I hated myself for spending money to see it in the theater. After that, I could never trust anything with "Uwe Boll" attached to the movie. I think Dungeons and Dragons was the only other movie that made me wish I was born deaf and blind.

Enjoying the replies so far!

Just watched the trailer for "Yor: The Hunter from the Future". Some top-notch pterodactyl gliding and what appears to be candid footage of a startled and half-naked Orson Welles lurking in a dungeon. Good stuff. lol

One of my favorite pass-times is watching people deconstruct bad movies on YouTube. I've never sat down and watched The Room from beginning to end, but I've seen every minute of it about a hundred times while people tear it apart.

I read the book The Disaster Artist, and saw the movie - the book is definitely more interesting, but the movie is a perfectly fine gateway into the weird world of The Room.

If you're into that sort of thing, another guy whose "oeuvre" you should check out is Neal Breen. There's a channel called YMS that has a hilarious breakdown of some of his movies.

Here's Rich Evans of Red Letter Media trying to explain the plot of a Neal Breen film -

For me, the key to a bad movie is sincerity - the creator of the movie has to have no idea that they're making a bad movie. And if possible, they should think they're a genius making something truly special, which is what elevates Tommy Wiseau and Neal Breen to that next level.

One of my favorite pass-times is watching people deconstruct bad movies on YouTube. I've never sat down and watched The Room from beginning to end, but I've seen every minute of it about a hundred times while people tear it apart.

I read the book The Disaster Artist, and saw the movie - the book is definitely more interesting, but the movie is a perfectly fine gateway into the weird world of The Room.

If you're into that sort of thing, another guy whose "oeuvre" you should check out is Neal Breen. There's a channel called YMS that has a hilarious breakdown of some of his movies.

Here's Rich Evans of Red Letter Media trying to explain the plot of a Neal Breen film -

For me, the key to a bad movie is sincerity - the creator of the movie has to have no idea that they're making a bad movie. And if possible, they should think they're a genius making something truly special, which is what elevates Tommy Wiseau and Neal Breen to that next level.

^^ This. Ditto to what Jeff said.

Also I’ll say that Dumb and Dumber prequel. I know, I should’ve known better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know who this Rich Evans guy is, but I reckon he'd have had a hard time explaining the basic plot of Titanic, state he looked to be in there! lol

The name Neil Breen didn't ring any bells, but I recognized his face when they were showing clips from the film (not exactly the sort of face you forget in a hurry lol). It's because one of his other films - Fateful Findings - was on this list that I mentioned in my opening post, so I'd obviously watched the trailer for that.

May as well include that list for anybody interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

I did watch one "bad movie deconstruction". It was of another from the above list: The Master of Disguise, a comedy (supposedly, anyway) starring Dana Carvey. To be honest, the guy doing the deconstructing got on my nerves a bit lol... Even so, I must admit there is something perversely enjoyable about watching somebody rip the absolute piss out of a cringingly bad film scene lol. As I recall, there was a scene in said film where Carvey is "disguised" as a turtle, and the joke is that he just says the word "turtle" in a silly voice over and over again. :shrug: So bad.

I am pleased to note that, following your link, my low opinion of Ishtar is shared by several eminent critics and several publications:
Ishtar (1987)

Ishtar was written and directed by Elaine May and starred Academy Award-winning duo Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman as Rogers and Clarke, two untalented lounge singers who travel to Morocco in hopes of finding a gig. Due to unanticipated problems with filming in the desert—which resulted in numerous reshoots—the film ran over budget by $30 million. While its final budget cost was $55 million, Ishtar earned only $14,375,181 at the North American box office leading Ishtar to become synonymous with "box office flop". It was also subject to harsh reviews from critics. Roger Ebert stated that "Ishtar is a truly dreadful film, a lifeless, massive, lumbering exercise in failed comedy";[180] Gene Siskel called it "shockingly dull" and "dim-witted";[181] and together they selected it as the worst film of 1987 on Siskel & Ebert & The Movies.[182] The film was nominated for Worst Picture and Worst Screenplay in the 8th Golden Raspberry Awards, winning one for Worst Director. San Jose Mercury News claimed that "Time has not improved this film's reputation as being one of the worst ever made."[183] Time Out suggested it was "so bad it could have been deliberate", and called it "one of the worst films ever made",[184] while Hot Air referred to it as "The Citizen Kane of big-budget, A-list vehicular homicides."[185] It was included in Michael Sauter's The Worst Movies of All Time book[143] and Richard Roeper included it on his list of the 40 worst films he had seen.[186] In 1999, Time placed the film on a list of the 100 worst ideas of the 20th century.[128]

I am pleased to note that, following your link, my low opinion of Ishtar is shared by several eminent critics and several publications

Ah, there you go. A bit of vindication! :D

Don't think I watched the trailer for that one when I originally perused the list. Have now though! When the camel got in Dustin's way I was half-expecting him to shout, "I'm walkin' here!" lol!

Oh, man! I just have to say that Leaving Las Vegas is depressing, yes, but it's also a masterpiece and probably one of the most accurate depictions of alcoholism I have ever seen. I can't watch it anymore because it's too realistic. I have been there, unfortunately, and that film, though, brilliant, hits all the nerves, feels, whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Worst Movie Ever - I'm watching it right now. Clash of the Titans 2010 - criminal misrepresentation of a classic swords and sandals film with Ray Harryhausen effects for crying out loud! Bad bad bad bad bad...but IO - very good.

"Panic Room" - as much as I love Jodie Foster, this film is a waste of time.

Sticking with the Swords and Sandals theme - Wrath of the Titans, Immortals, Hercules, The Legend of Hercules, - all terrible. I admit bias - Ray Harryhausen and films like: Jason and the Argonauts, Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, etc. and et. al. - are some of my favorite Saturday afternoon, rainy day movies. They're all way before my time but I got to see them as a kid, usually around the holidays for some reason...cool creatures and genie costumes!

I'm a big movie fan, so I could have mentioned a lot of bad movies I've seen in my life. Troll 2, the Room, Jurassic Park 3, Quatre Etoiles... I think the ones that stick with me the most are the ones for which I had high expectations and turned out to be stinking turds.

If I had to pick one, it would be David Lynch's Inland Empire. After the masterpiece that was Mulholland Drive, I still cannot believe he managed to get that badly-directed, wrongly edited and cringe-worthy written piece of intellectual masturbation to come out in theaters. Awful, just awful. Like they say in Japan, I guess even monkeys fall from trees.

Honorable mention: the remake of The Wicker Man (2006). I'm a big fan of the original (1973), and I really thought I was in for quite a treat with this new version. Nicholas Cage starring in a feminist (that's how it was advertised at any rate) re-imagining of the original masterpiece, it had really piqued my interest.

Turned out it was bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. Nothing worked in this movie. It's absolutely devoid of suspense, the characters are completely stupid and the actors who portray them cannot act to save their lives... except Cage who overacts so much that it becomes embarrassing; such overacting would be good in comedy, but it doesn't fit the mood of a supposedly atmospheric thriller such as this one. We are treated to a string of absurd situations that lead to a grotesque ending, so bad it gave rise to an Internet meme. The religious theme that made the original so interesting is completely absent, and no character show even a hint of charisma; Christopher Lee was in the original, for crying out loud!. I remember going to class the next day and telling a friend who had asked me how it went that I wanted back the 100 minutes I lost watching this movie.

Please, Hollywood: stop remaking films if your purpose is just to take a huge dump on a great intellectual property.

Not for me. Jodie was barefoot in most of the film. :feets:

Hahaha, when I read Bohemiane's post, the exact same thought went through my mind :D Never EVER underestimate a man's appeal for women's feet. Not enough closeups, though. And the movie could have done with a torture scene. Did you know also that both Patrick Bauchau and Jodie Foster who are fluent in French dubbed themselves for the French version?

Honestly, I found it quite a fun and suspenseful flick. I like David Fincher's direction, too. I'm a massive Fight Club and Alien 3 fan, and while Panic Room is not his best, I found it a decent film. A lot of people hate it though, much to my surprise.

Last edited:
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back