• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ideal Kind of Death

Bohemianne

Verified
Maybe sometime it came to your mind, imagining an ideal death instead of having it like the horrendous circumstances seen in the news, wondering how it would be in case it's your turn already. It's not a pleasant thing at all, but just like the quotes say: 'no one gets out alive anyway'.

I read an old setting in China where a dying person would be content if he is more than prepared with his nice coffin already in his room days ahead. Then, we know that in ancient Egypt, slaves are prepared to join their master's grave.

Take note: This is not a discussion about the methods of killing oneself or any other suggestions on how to die good.

The question is:
What would be your vision of ideal death?

I died on April 16, 2018, just for a few minutes, and was brought back with CPR, the paddles, and a determined medical staff. My death surprised me, I mean, it came out of nowhere. Pure dumb fucking luck saved my life; I was in the ER when it happened thinking I was having a panic attack. Maybe a bit of hypochondria saved me and not luck, or a combination of the two. If I hadn't gone to the hospital and decided to ride it out instead; if I got on the train like I was supposed to instead of going to the hospital I'd still be dead. Eh...I already posted the story and I don't want to bore anyone, but since you mentioned it...ha!

Call it fate or coincidence, or whatever you want to call it, but a long time ago I'd made up a toast, back when I lived on top of a bar. The toast went: "Here's to something better than this, and in the end a quick death."

I got my quick death, sort of, depending on how you look at it. I wasn't prepared at all, didn't even know my heart was at risk for stopping...quite contrarily I'd just had a physical and some blood work done not too long before it happened and was told by the doctors I was in good health. I don't know if I'd want to prepare myself for death but...when I woke up after, a week later, and the finality of it hit me...oi, the first thing I wanted to do was tell everyone I know how much I love them. It was like an insane compulsion to make sure they understood how I felt. Since then, I've sent letters with instructions to keep them somewhere safe and read them if something happened to me. Do I feel better knowing I've prepared? No, not really. I don't want to die, death sucks. I'm sure having your shit together is a comfort for some people, whether it's financial or, like in my case, emotional or personal stuff...but not me. It's the End. Capital E. And when it happens you are simply no more.

The ideal death I would have..

Would be the one described to me that my great grandfather had.

My great grandfather.. lied down in his bedroom for a nap.. had a heart attack in his sleep, and passed away in his sleep.

My family was told by the doctors that my great grandfather never knew what he experienced. There was supposedly "No suffering".

If I could have an "ideal death". That would be it. Hopefully, not anytime sooner than about the year /. 2050 or after, at which time I would be past 80.

Maybe sometime it came to your mind, imagining an ideal death instead of having it like the horrendous circumstances seen in the news, wondering how it would be in case it's your turn already. It's not a pleasant thing at all, but just like the quotes say: 'no one gets out alive anyway'.

I read an old setting in China where a dying person would be content if he is more than prepared with his nice coffin already in his room days ahead. Then, we know that in ancient Egypt, slaves are prepared to join their master's grave.

Take note: This is not a discussion about the methods of killing oneself or any other suggestions on how to die good.

The question is:

Your post got me thinking for some time... Here is the result:

Death... the end of it all. I have mixed feelings about it. I am not sure that there is an ideal way to die - not any more than there would be an ideal way to live - but I guess I would say... an ideal death would be the logical conclusion to whatever meaning one would have dedicated one's life to. A soldier's ideal death would be on the battlefield, or at his post. A teacher's ideal death would happen when he is surrounded by the people he has enlightened. A comedian would make his death his final act... you get the idea.

Therefore an ideal death for me would happen in China, or somewhere between Korea, here and Japan. And hopefully my body (if any, lol) would remain here. My soul is already anchored here anyway, ever since I was 16. It wouldn't make sense to keep them apart ;)

The question is:

I agree with Mitchell. The best death would be to die quietly in my sleep, preferably at an advanced age while still mentally alert.

I would add that it should occur after a pleasant event, such as having sex with somebody that I love or attending a Dodger victory in the World Series.

I agree with Mitchell. The best death would be to die quietly in my sleep, preferably at an advanced age while still mentally alert.

I would add that it should occur after a pleasant event, such as having sex with somebody that I love or attending a Dodger victory in the World Series.

And meet the Great Dodger in the Sky, am I right?

Wish it will happen to you as late as possible. Here's to a long life:

:gbtoast:

And meet the Great Dodger in the Sky, am I right?

Wish it will happen to you as late as possible. Here's to a long life:

:gbtoast:

Thank you, my friend, and a long life to you as well. :gbtoast:

The noted theologian Tommy Lasorda actually refers to the "Big Dodger in the Sky." :D

To be conscious, so I can perceive it, and to be in control of when I go, preferably with some major euthanasia meds. The music will be Steve Reich's "Music For 18 Musicians", I've always wanted to just drift off to that.

In ten thousand years when my light body has explored all the stars, then I will consider death.

Otherwise, I want to die on a roller coaster, not just any old fair but a big name one. I want to hurtle airborne toward a bone crushing inertial demise while thinking of all the money my inheritors can sue for

I think the ideal death is dying in your sleep. I don't think anyone wishes to be conscious at the moment of their death.

And when it happens you are simply no more.

While I respect your beliefs and also admire the strength it took to overcome your temporary death, I don't believe that death is the absolute end. Perhaps it simply wasn't your time yet IrvingKrebb.

When my great grandfather died, he was 71, but that was in 1965, so maybe such was not considered "That young" at the time.

He had a mild heart attack a few months earlier, and then had the second , fatal one, which caused his passing.

In modern days, he probably could have been saved with open heart surgery/

Not to.. digress.

However.

Again, ideal death is quickly in your sleep. I think that anything younger than 80 years old or more, is , in my opinion, dying too young. With modern advances in medicine, people should be able to live until at least 80, and likely more.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back