• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Toys Did You Play with as a Kid?

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I meant to post this a few days ago, but things around the house got hectic for a day or two.

I was watching an ASMR video (ASMR Darling) a couple nights ago. She was talking about the toys she played with in the 90's. It was a real nostalgia trip for me.

And, it got me to thinking. What Toys Did You Play with as a Kid?

As for me. They were a lot, but, I would have to say, on (or close to) the top of the list would have to be Legos.

I loved buying a few sets and then mixing them, and doing a "free build"

In fact, I still buy the occasional Lego set. (They were better sets in the 90's though)

Again, sorry if this posts more than once. I hate my internet provider.

I loved Lego too! Before that I had wooden blocks, and we also had ankerstein - manufactured stone blocks that you use to build different bits of architecture from around Europe. As a teenager I tried (and failed) to do my own design for building a replica of the local cathedral using them.

Apart from that my siblings and I didn't really have that many toys, maman and papa would buy us books, art supplies and things like that but would stubbornly refuse to get us any of the other things we pestered for. I remember going to a friend's house one weekend and being so envious of all her toys.

Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, an Erector Set, plastic army men, the usual stuff for my generation. One year I got a Gilbert Chemistry Set from Sears. It had a couple dozen different chemicals, a Bunsen burner, some test tubes and other stuff.

One day I'm in my room messing around and accidentally cooked up a stink bomb. The entire house reeked of sulfur. We had to open every door and window, set up some fans and sit outside for a few hours. Took about a week for the smell to go away completely. A few days after my mishap the chemistry set went away...:idunno:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, G1-Joe, pretty awesome toys all around. The only issue was none of them could be left standing up. Heh. I really wish they had made some awesome star wars starship toys when I was growing up though. :(

A couple that spring to mind:

I had maybe a handful of wrestling figures and a little wrestling ring which made sound effects (crowd noises, I think).

At one point I had a remote-controlled car that I was very fond of. Not a super-cool fast one, unfortunately lol. But I liked it all the same.

I really enjoyed ball games as a kid, so I didn't really need a load of toys to play with.

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. And Lawn Darts. We would throw them straight up in the air as high as we could then stand there, jumping away at the last second. Had a bow and some arrows once. I'd set up a makeshift target in the back yard and channel my inner Robin Hood. :D

How could I forget Hot Wheels cars. Had quite a collection at one time. Today some of those cars in pristine condition can sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

What about board games guys? Anyone own and play Hero Quest?

Risk is a great game I was introduced to at a young age. I grew up in a time where Atari exploded on the scene and the home gaming system was born.

Barbershopman

Nerf guns, super soakers, hot wheels, koosh lings, polly pocket, stuffed animals, goldeneye on n-64, boardgames like clue, guess who, battleship, connect four, sorry!, monopoly, life.

Legos and Playmobil, anyone remember the Playmobil toys? Those were pretty cool when I was real young, lots of pieces to lose. We had a thing called a Zim-Zam, which was a tennis ball on a cable you could wack back and forth with tennis rackets. Army men were great, Pork Chop Hill, and all those other play-mat things you'd wouldn't really play with as much as set them up, with all the divisions where they should be, weapons, etc. They came in huge boxes. Action figures were just becoming a big thing when I was little, Star Wars being the first I remember collecting but then GI-JOE later on. The GI-Joe fighter jets were so cool, I wish I had them now. And there's a running joke in my family about a GI-JOE Skystriker, which was an F-14. My mother couldn't get it in time, it was sold out, so I got a card with a note saying it was good for 1 SkyStriker when they were re-stocked. I still haven't gotten it, and my sisters remind me every Xmas to this day.

I'm along with bugman in his first post. Also plastic dinosaurs. Toy rifles, hand guns, machine guns (yeh, we were violent back then - played Army, cowboys and Indians...). In addition to Hot Wheels, Matchbox models. I too had a chemistry set, never made the bad smelling stuff; the durned thing led me to a science career, which cratered after 9/11.

It depends on what you mean by "kid"

I had board games.

Monopoly, Risk, etc

In my teens I got Atari for the TV etc/

In my mid teens, when I got the computer, I got a computer baseball game called "Microleague.

(Which, incidentally, was the spring for my long running baseball series on the forum)

For those who read that series, I did create a team called the "Good Guys" when I had the Microleague game, and based the team, in Paradise Island , Bahamas.

The only person in the stories who was on that computer team from my teens, was me, as most of the actors and actresses who were in the stories, were not even famous or known at the time lol.

Lego (the Knights and Pirates themes were my favorites) and Transformers (gen1).

View attachment 564236I always had a fascination with little dolls, trolls, barbies, action figures, G I Joes, anything of that genre of toys. I played with any and every type of plastic doll known to man. My favorite, was a little girl built for a dollhoise from Playskool. My brothers would go around calling her my “voodo” Doll, because she actually kind of resembled me in a creepy way. I named her “Rebecca”. I actually kept her as a keepsake. My reason being, I had a special needs best friend when I was a child. She wasn’t able to move around on her own and had many difficulties getting around.

Her father coincidentally ended up being the baseball coach of my little brother and I didn’t want her to be bored. I was only 8 when we met at school, so I was young and didn’t really understand much. . So I would bring these “Rebecca” dolls the baseball field and to school for us to play with during recess and intermission at the ballgames. in her sleep at the young age of 16. I had just turned 13. So, just to be sure that she would always stay fresh in my memory, I never tossed the dolls or sold them, gave them away. I’m attaching a photo so you can actually see that the color on her clothing has faded over the years. :)

Allow me to contribute to this cool thread!

For a kid growing up in the 1990s in the UK, remote controlled cars were one of the things to have.

One was Tyco's 'Rebound'.....

s-l300.jpg

....and the other was 'Dagger'.

TYCO-TAIYO-6v-RC-MAXIMUM-HEAT-DAGGER-STUNT.jpg

Then, along came the PlayStation. I loved it back in 1997 and still do now.

gallery_gaming-playstation-console.jpg

Yo-yos were also a must-have as well! Take them to school, compare them, and hope the teacher didn't confiscate it! :D

Playmaxx-Proyo-II-1.jpg

And of course, I couldn't leave out Pokemon cards (never actually played the trading card game, just collected them!)

dNUu1Am.jpg

I mainly played with Lego, a soccerball and a superman action figure. We had an NES but I would only play that when there was bad weather.

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. And Lawn Darts. We would throw them straight up in the air as high as we could then stand there, jumping away at the last second. Had a bow and some arrows once. I'd set up a makeshift target in the back yard and channel my inner Robin Hood. :D

How could I forget Hot Wheels cars. Had quite a collection at one time. Today some of those cars in pristine condition can sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

^We would play Lawn Darts at my cousin's house, but now they have been banned as a dangerous toy.^

It's amazing how many of mine and my brother's childhood toys re-emerged as current favorites of kids and had toy lines, shows and movies with new popularity in my adulthood.

My Little Pony and Care Bears were two of my girly faves 😂 ...Ninja Turtles , Legos, original NES games and memory games like Simon were ones my brother and I could play with together and enjoy equally that had appeal for boys and girls both.

Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, an Erector Set, plastic army men, the usual stuff for my generation. One year I got a Gilbert Chemistry Set from Sears. It had a couple dozen different chemicals, a Bunsen burner, some test tubes and other stuff.

One day I'm in my room messing around and accidentally cooked up a stink bomb. The entire house reeked of sulfur. We had to open every door and window, set up some fans and sit outside for a few hours. Took about a week for the smell to go away completely. A few days after my mishap the chemistry set went away...:idunno:

lol..in school i liked to mess with chemicals lol....

lets see..what i can remember is..nintendo..bikes..army men..rocks..rope..dirt..cars..fire..um ya lol...ninja turtles..wrestlers and stuff like that..legos..clay..i made toys out of stuff i round laying around a lot more then anything i belive lol

Gi Joes, Nerf toys, Legos, loved remote cars, power rangers, ninja turtles so I guess action figures, haha

I played with action figures and legos a lot. I wasn't (and still not) very creative so I never really knew what to make... built a lot of houses lol.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back