• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fallout 76: Your Thoughts

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I was just curious to hear what your thoughts were about the upcoming Fallout 76.

As for me. Well, I watched a video of supposed real game play on YouTube this morning, and I can say it looks pretty cool.

But, I am going to hold back on the judgment until it comes out. I remember "New Vegas", I bought it on the day it came out (was hoping for something like Fallout 3) but, it turned out to be a dud,

One of my questions about it is, Why the jump? I mean they was Fallout 1, then 2, 3, New Vegas, 4, but, now it's 76. Why the jump? Hopefully they'll explain that in-game.

Personally, I watched some playing today as well. Guy by the name of Oxhorn on YouTube. Love the guys stuff. About as committed to bringing you everything Fallout as possibly can be. I will say that the game looks pretty sharp visually, and I like how they seem to have kept the base building aspects, as well as several other aspects from F4, like weapon mods and such.

That being said, I'm considerably worried about game play. From what I've heard, you need to be online to play the game, and on top of this, there are no human NPC's in the game, meaning that aside from robots and recorded messages, the will be little to really interact with in this world on a RPG level. One of the biggest gripes many Fallout fans had about FO4 was the push away from role playing to have a stronger focus on combat. One of Fallouts greatest qualities was that there used to be several ways to deal with a problem. FO4 seemed to remove all of that and focus on the first person shooter aspect. Fallout 76 seems to be pushing this trend even further, removing pretty much almost all of the role play aspects except for a bare minimum.

On a side note, i'm shocked you felt New Vegas as a dud. Aside from not being a huge fan of the western theme, and wishing there were more cities to explore (I have to give FO4 props for that at least), I thought it was a great game and the closest to the original series we've gotten since FO2.

An as for why it's called Fallout 76 (aside from the obvious, being that it's vault 76 that the main character comes from), it is likely because the games have all been in chronological order so far. This new game takes place only 25 years after the bombs fell, so they likely want to distinguish it from the current Fallout series.

Don't really know why I didn't like Fallout: NV. But, I do agree about Fallout 4 just focusing on the shooting stuff, I mean you could play it stealthy (my favorite character build), but it's like they made doing it a lot harder than it had to be.

I actually wish they would do a remake of FO:3. Not touch the gameplay or anything, just maybe pump the graphics a little.

I take it you're not a Fallout fan.

I’m a huge Fallout fan, it’s one of my most replayed series. That’s why I’m against this abomination. It’s very unfortunate they’ve decided to go this sellout route. I hope that its failure will make a loud enough statement that you can’t whore everything to the world of online multiplayer.

I’m a huge Fallout fan, it’s one of my most replayed series. That’s why I’m against this abomination. It’s very unfortunate they’ve decided to go this sellout route. I hope that its failure will make a loud enough statement that you can’t whore everything to the world of online multiplayer.

I agree with you there. Take someone like me, I don't have fast enough internet for online multiplayer games.

But, it looks as though VR and online multiplayer games are the future of gaming. It looks as though us old school "dinosaurs" are going to be pushed aside.

Sad really. I mean, how much money did you pay when you where young? As for me, a lot more than I should have. And, now for the companies that I (And, all the old school gamers) helped to stay in business to push us aside. It just sucks.

But, what can we do about it?

I just did a quick search of "Fallout 76 -Single player" on Bing.

They're saying that Fallout 76 MAY have single player "in the future". So, as of now, it doesn't. :mad:

I agree with you there. Take someone like me, I don't have fast enough internet for online multiplayer games.

But, it looks as though VR and online multiplayer games are the future of gaming. It looks as though us old school "dinosaurs" are going to be pushed aside.

Sad really. I mean, how much money did you pay when you where young? As for me, a lot more than I should have. And, now for the companies that I (And, all the old school gamers) helped to stay in business to push us aside. It just sucks.

But, what can we do about it?

I, for one, am not going to purchase half a game. They may get away with this skullduggery on CoD, but Fallout never needed a multiplayer add-on, let alone an entire game devoted to such. I’m not sure where this demand came from, but it’s a wasted 3 years. Between CoDs circle jerk and RDRD2, Bethesda is going to lose.

I just did a quick search of "Fallout 76 -Single player" on Bing.

They're saying that Fallout 76 MAY have single player "in the future". So, as of now, it doesn't. :mad:

I still wouldn’t buy it. Pour the money into an actual singleplayer stand-alone Fallout game, and we’re good. Singleplayer should be a focus, not an afterthought.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back