• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NFL Week Five.

Bugman

Verified
The Chiefs go to 5-0 with a 30-14 win over Jacksonville. Overall a great day for the defense with 5 sacks, a recovery of a strip sack and 4 interceptions, three of them in the end zone This was marred by boneheads Chris Jones and Dee Ford with both thrown out of the game. That kind of stupidity is unacceptable. Mahomes threw two picks but also made some big plays.

In other news thanks to the Jets for knocking off Denver.

The Falcons continue to flounder, losing to the Steelers 41-17.

The Lions over the Packers 31-20 and the Bills sneak past the Titans 13-12.

In yet another OT game the Browns just kicked a field goal with seconds left to beat the Ravens 12-9.

Last edited:
The Browns are on a roll, +2 in the win column versus last year, in OT again.

The Chiefs are 5-0 and do have a defense! They'll need it to complement their offense next week in Foxboro!!

It looks like the Steelers are finally getting their act together, and the Falcons look lost.

It looks like the Rams will go 5-0.

The Lions beat the Packers? And yes thank you Jets, but then again, it's Denver.

Barbershopman

And yes thank you Jets, but then again, it's Denver.

Barbershopman

Keenum has yet to show he's worth the $38 million Denver handed him.

The Rams join KC at 5-0 with a 33-31 win over the Seahawks at CenturyLink.

The Cardinals finally get into the win column 28-18 over the 49ers.

The Vikings live to fight another day with a 23-21 win in Philadelphia.

The Giants lose to Carolina 33-31. With what looks like another lost season at hand will they sit Manning next week?

A bit of trivia related to the Panthers-Giants game.

On Nov. 8 1970 Saints kicker Tom Dempsey kicked a 64 yard field goal to beat the Lions 19-17.

Since then Jason Elam, Sebastian Janikowski and David Akers have all kicked 63 yard field goals. Panthers kicker Graham Gano joined that elite club today when his 63 yard kick in the last seconds lifted Carolina over the Giants 33-31.

Now I understand why the Lions won, Packers kicker Mason Crosby missed four field goal attempts. Luckily for the Browns, the kick in overtime was good. It came off like a duck snort but was partially blocked. What is it with kickers this season?

Tom Dempsey's field goal was even more impressive in that he was born with only half a right foot!! If there is any knock on the kick it is that the goal posts at the time were in the middle of the end zone.

Barbershopman

Tom Dempsey's field goal was even more impressive in that he was born with only half a right foot!! If there is any knock on the kick it is that the goal posts at the time were in the middle of the end zone.

Barbershopman

To correct my post the Dempsey kick was 63 yards, an NFL record at the time. Former Denver kicker Matt Prater (now with the Lions) kicked a 64 yard field goal in December 2013.

To correct my post the Dempsey kick was 63 yards, an NFL record at the time. Former Denver kicker Matt Prater (now with the Lions) kicked a 64 yard field goal in December 2013.

Yeah, but Dempsey's kick was in Tulane Stadium in New Orleans, below sea level. Elam's kick was up in the thin air in Denver.

Barbershopman

I truly believe the Browns have turned the corner as an organization. I think Mayfield is a legitimate starting QB in this league and as he gets older things will just get better for him. I also think outside of that ugly game in Oakland, their defense has been strong. I don't know if they have enough to make the playoffs, but they are no longer a pushover.

I think Mahomes showed well against the Jags. I know he had two picks but that's as close to an elite defense as you're going to see in today's NFL and him and the Chiefs as a whole did what they needed to do to win. This team looks poised for big things to continue.

Yeah, but Dempsey's kick was in Tulane Stadium in New Orleans, below sea level. Elam's kick was up in the thin air in Denver.

Barbershopman

I don't think Prater's record or Elam's kick takes anything away from Dempsey, he will always be the guy who set a record that stood for over forty years.

I truly believe the Browns have turned the corner as an organization. I think Mayfield is a legitimate starting QB in this league and as he gets older things will just get better for him. I also think outside of that ugly game in Oakland, their defense has been strong. I don't know if they have enough to make the playoffs, but they are no longer a pushover.

I'm happy for the Browns and their fans, it's been so long since they had something to look forward to. In my opinion they are a year or two away from being a playoff team but I've been wrong before.

I wish them good luck the rest of the season with one exception, next month when the Chiefs visit Cleveland. :p It should be fun watching Mahomes and Mayfield face off.

I think Mahomes showed well against the Jags. I know he had two picks but that's as close to an elite defense as you're going to see in today's NFL and him and the Chiefs as a whole did what they needed to do to win. This team looks poised for big things to continue.

This was the first complete game I've seen the Chiefs play in a while. My hope is the defense can built on this going forward.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back