• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Just in time for Halloween!: What are your favorite scary movies??

CrystalLight

Level of Raspberry Feather
Folks were having this convo in the Chat Room the other night, and it helped me add some to my own personal list. I am a huge horror movie fan and scary easily (I am not ashamed. :p)

So what do you forum lovelies enjoy/prefer/would suggest?

:frankie:

:zombies:

:scream:

:bat:

Jor, by "Scary movie". I think you are asking "Any scary movie" if I read that correctly.'

My favorite "Scary movie"

The original "Scream " movie with Neve Campbell, etc

I love how the creepy character says. "Do you like scary movies, Sydney" to Neve Campbell in that movie.

A great line.

Two great sleepers are A Dark Song and The Ritual.

And the movie Triangle, which is a time travel horror movie that gets pretty trippy and dark.

Also, Annabelle Creation was surprisingly good for a big budget horror movie.

Krampus
It Follows
Hereditary
The Babadook

My parents took me to see "The Amityville Horror" when it came out.

I was.. terrified by that movie.

Years later I watched it on TV as an adult.

It is very good.

Another of my favorite scary movies is.

"I Know What You Did Last Summer".

An excellent scary movie, in my opinion.

How is it possible that no one has yet mentioned John Carpenter's "The Thing"?

That movie scared the shit out of me and I loved every single minute of it!

One of the last few horror movies to utilize non-cgi special effects and oh man do they ever pull it off!

There's other justices in this world besides the law

I enjoy the masterpiece from the master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho. I also enjoy his North by Northwest and Vertigo.

But there is one movie that I'm particularly fond of. It is a little known 1981 made for TV movie called "Dark Night of the Scarecrow". It stars Charles Durning, Lane Smith, Larry Drake and Jocelyn Brando, yes Marlon's sister.

It follows a group of vigilantes that menace a mentally retarded man because of his relationship with a little girl and the events thereafter. It is much more a psychological thriller than a blood and gore fest, but it is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. What's more, it is lauded as just creepy enough that most people can't believe it was a made-for-TV movie.

I encourage you, if you can find it, to check it out and see for yourself.

Another I just thought of because I'm watching it now on AMC is the original Poltergeist, with Jo Beth Williams and Craig T. Nelson. If you are creeped out by clowns, you may not enjoy this one, but I believe this movie is vastly underrated as far as horror flicks go.

Barbershopman

Last edited:
The Shining
Poltergeist (the first one)
It Follows
Sinister
Drag Me To Hell
Clown
Evil Dead (remake)

My favorite is probably The Exorcist, even with modern CGI so good nowadays there is still something so unsettling about the makeup and work they did back in the day! I watch it every October

Honestly, my favorite has always been The Thing

But jesus god, Hereditary takes the idea of horror and dread to a different level. I've only seen it once, and i'll never see it again. Wasn't even that bloody. Just seriously disturbing

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back