• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Peoples profiles

robmic

Verified
I don't know if this is anyone elses pet peeve or not, but when I see a post and would like to know about the person, I usually go to their profile and check it out. But more and more it seems like people don't put anything there. The first thing that I think of then is "troll, scammer, what are they hiding, someone that isn't who they are trying to be etc." You don't need to put in specific things, just general info. Anyone can look at mine and see that there's plenty, but nothing that anyone could use to track me down or harass me. Id like to hear people's take on this. Oh and by the way, one observation I've made of many of the blank profiles, is there's usually hardly any posts from them....

agreed. If someones post catches my attention in some form or fashion then Ill usually scope out the profile. Have no idea why. I have no intention of contacting that person, maybe its just curiousity. Nevertheless, I think after you've been around for awhile and seen some profiles its pretty easy to see which ones are legit and which ones are bullshit. We also have crusaders such as Chicago that do a good job of calling out fake profiles and pictures. Definitely good to have a layer of protection for the people that aren't as quick on the uptake or as observant. Catfishing and scams are around here im sure, and its up to peeps to protect themselves from it.

TBH, I'm seeing less posting in general, let alone filling out a profile.

I don't bother with a profile. Never really felt the need to. I'd rather people judge me on what I say, how I conduct myself than stuff like age, gender, sexual orientation etc. Not to say I would never create one though. I think if you're actively looking for a play partner, for instance, then it's helpful to others who are in the same boat if you provide a bit of personal info - could prevent some awkward conversations, I suppose.

The assumption that if a person doesn't have a profile then they must be up to no good is an interesting one though. Cos obviously trolls, what with their high moral standards, would never fill their profiles with false information, would they. Oh wait, yes they definitely would. lol Indeed, for trolls of the catfishing variety, it's probably one of their most useful tools!

Better to judge people on how they behave than what they say they are, I reckon.

The assumption that if a person doesn't have a profile then they must be up to no good is an interesting one though. Cos obviously trolls, what with their high moral standards, would never fill their profiles with false information, would they. Oh wait, yes they definitely would. lol Indeed, for trolls of the catfishing variety, it's probably one of their most useful tools!

Better to judge people on how they behave than what they say they are, I reckon.

You have to keep in mind that people come to this forum for different reasons. It sounds like you joined to get to know people through their profiles. I didn't put anything on my profile, because I only came here to occasionally post and read content on the site. Now there might be some trolls on here, but I think some people aren't looking to get to know people in the same way that you are.

Both excellant points that I never really thought of in context of profiles. I mean I knew these things already but... not with profiles so much. The more you know... Thanks! :)

Been here for years. I am quite familiar with the mainstays, some I really like, some I don't. The posts can emit certain personalities...

I personally enjoy looking at peoples profiles, sometimes you will come across others similar to yourself, which for a fetishist can be a breath of fresh air.

I don't know if this is anyone elses pet peeve or not, but when I see a post and would like to know about the person, I usually go to their profile and check it out. But more and more it seems like people don't put anything there. The first thing that I think of then is "troll, scammer, what are they hiding, someone that isn't who they are trying to be etc." You don't need to put in specific things, just general info. Anyone can look at mine and see that there's plenty, but nothing that anyone could use to track me down or harass me. Id like to hear people's take on this. Oh and by the way, one observation I've made of many of the blank profiles, is there's usually hardly any posts from them....

Too bad if it's one of your pet peeves, get over yourself, it's not all about you. Perhaps they believe that it's none of yours or anyone else's business. Have you ever given that any thought or do you just jump to conclusions about people you don't know? Btw, I think you're projecting. Usually creeps will blame others for what they themselves have been doing. Nothing states that they have to fill out profiles or post and as long as it ruffles you're feathers, I'm all for it and think it's great. You beta male soy boys, cucks, whiners and snowflakes make me want to, well, I better not say it. Now take ISUmark with you and go cry yourselves to sleep :nopity: :bwahaha:

Well (and that can be a deep subject........sorry, I'm a geologist), some are willing to give some info about themselves, some aren't. I can remember a few years back in the chat room when people would pm you and ask for your ASL... kinda what might be in your profile (you can always state in your profile "none of your beeswax" if you don't want to give the info). Think I waited a while before I put my info into my profile. To each his/her own. On a site like this, you don't have to give your whole life story, unless you want to (but I don't recommend it).

I've lurked for years here but started posting regularly a year ago. I have noticed a great deal of the old names I used to see post regularly don't post anymore. I hope this community stays active for awhile longer. It'd be a shame to see it and the Theater die out. :(

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back