• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Prediction of the Future of Gaming

tickle gamer

3rd Level Red Feather
Hi All! I have been thinking and studying on this for a few days now.

Unless something unforseen happens in the gaming industry, within 10 years single player gaming as we know it will be a thing of the past.

About everything (gaming wise) will be done either with
VR\AR or an online multiplayer style.

And, when that happens, old-school gamers (like me) will be pushed aside.

I only hope that when that happens, old-school arcades make a comeback.

I can't imagine that happening. Far too many people would be pissed off that they coulden't just play by themselves. I would be one of them. lol

TBH. There is more money to be had in online multiplayer. So, in a way, I couldn't blame the gaming companies for going that route.

I already see it happening with games like ESO and Fallout 76 not even offering single player.

I agree with you Doll. There is something about playing single player, I guess it's the feeling of knowing that you don't have to answer to anyone. (The most common question I got, back in my local multiplayer days, was "Why did you do that?" )

P.S. I should have said that, within 10 year, they will be more online multiplayer games than single player ones.

TBH. There is more money to be had in online multiplayer. So, in a way, I couldn't blame the gaming companies for going that route.

That’s for sure. One day I went to Walmart. Since for Christmas I received a couple games I wasn’t happy with. (And a PS4 which I was over the moon with of course :) ) So I wanted to check out what games were out there, since the last system I had was PS3, a couple years back. (It died.) And I didn't want to go all the way across town to Game Stop.

The prices floored me. I had to carry my fallen jaw out of the store, in my purse.

See, I buy used games. I don’t mind waiting a couple years to buy games at 1/4th of the price. So, seeing what games ACTUALLY cost now. And what multiplayer online games cost. (Even apps with its continual costs for packs and upgrades.) I couldn't believe it! I mean, the last time I was buying full price games was for my PC, PS1 and Super Nintendo. LOL But, I do know now since January, so much more money goes into making these games. More artists, more everything. And server costs etc. So… people gotz to get paid and I understand that.

I love the God Of War series. So, after seeing the credits in each is probably about 10 miles long. And the full prices on other games… after the initial shock wore off… I get it. Gotta pay for the quality and what is rightfully owed these creators.

I already see it happening with games like ESO and Fallout 76 not even offering single player.

Yeah that makes sense. I have yet to play a multiplayer game. But it stands to reason some would only be available for multiple people. Just like board games.

I agree with you Doll. There is something about playing single player, I guess it's the feeling of knowing that you don't have to answer to anyone. (The most common question I got, back in my local multiplayer days, was "Why did you do that?" )

P.S. I should have said that, within 10 year, they will be more online multiplayer games than single player ones.

Ah ok I understand. :)

Ha! The only people I ever had to answer to, were when my Bf or some friends came over and would introduce me to new games. “WTF ARE YOU DOING? GIMME THAT CONTROLLER AND LET ME SHOW YOU!!”

*hands over controller while rolling my eyes*

So I can only imagine playing online with others. It could be fun though and I’m going to do it at some point. As long as I can control my swearing and yelling so I don’t bust anyone’s ear drums. Which I’m prone to do. In the long run… I may be better off playing alone. LOLOLOL ;)

There’s definitely good singleplayer games still being created. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey is supposed to be incredible; Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out; Tomb Raider was great; they’re reincarnating Ace Combat; Wolfenstein is going strong. They’re out there, I’m just personally pissed off about a certain series.

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back