• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What album holds the most meaning for you?

zen_in_fiction

Figured this might be a cool little thread to get going!

For me it would have to be Ten by Pearl Jam. Musically it is just sooo good and lyrically there is some really killer stuff on that album with songs like "Black" and "Release". I will never get tired of hearing it :)

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Every Fleetwood Mac album

The soundtrack album from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Roger Whittaker

Eric Clapton

ABBA Greatest Hits

Let it all Out - Nina Simone

Rufus ft. Chaka Khan

If I have to choose only one album ... it's probably Jim O'Rourke - Insignificance. Perfect and can relate to it since years and years.

Phantom Power - The Tragically Hip. Ironically, I've never listened to the album on its own but none of those tracks have lost their potency after the 20 years it's been out. I hear the first 10 seconds of any of those songs and immediately remember why I fucking love this band.

Phantom Power - The Tragically Hip. Ironically, I've never listened to the album on its own but none of those tracks have lost their potency after the 20 years it's been out. I hear the first 10 seconds of any of those songs and immediately remember why I fucking love this band.

Had never heard of this band, but enjoying listening to some tracks from that album. Fireworks, for instance. Reminds me of REM. Actually, when I first heard the singer's voice, I thought it sounded like a blend of Michael Stipe and... someone else lol. Took me a while to work out who the someone else was: Paul Banks from Interpol. :shrugs: Not saying that's particularly accurate, just thought I'd share that random impression. lol

Speaking for myself, I don't really have a favourite album, or an album that means more to me than any other. Put it this way: If I could only listen to one album for the rest of my life, it would probably be a Beatles album. But even then, I'd have a hard time choosing which one. lol

Speaking for myself, I don't really have a favourite album, or an album that means more to me than any other. Put it this way: If I could only listen to one album for the rest of my life, it would probably be a Beatles album. But even then, I'd have a hard time choosing which one. lol

Ditto for me. I might go for a Moody Blues album, but there were a lot of good Beatles ones too. Just depends on my mood at the time.

I had Stabbing Westward's "Darkest Days" on a loop after CS2K left me. After I crawled out of the hole, Turisas' "Battle Metal" and Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" helped me to stay out of it.

"Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares", by the Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female Vocal Choir.

I discovered this album back in the 90's while performing in my college men's glee club. The voices and odd harmonies of these women continue to send chills down my spine.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

"Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares", by the Bulgarian State Radio and Television Female Vocal Choir.

I discovered this album back in the 90's while performing in my college men's glee club. The voices and odd harmonies of these women continue to send chills down my spine.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

GREAT album.

Ditto for me. I might go for a Moody Blues album, but there were a lot of good Beatles ones too. Just depends on my mood at the time.

Interesting you'd go for a Moodys! "In Search Of The Lost Chord" is a near-perfect album, that would definitely be my Moodys choice. I wish I could LIVE in that album, especially side two! A great album to go to sleep to. Also one of the few albums that I can put on when I'm sick (at a low volume).

Many many albums hold meaning to me, I can't think of just one. Since my mom passed, "Ladies Of The Canyon" is a lot more resonant. The Band's second album ("The Band") means a lot to me, I played that album over and over one year when I was living by myself (with no girlfriends or roommates) for the first time ever. Similarly when I was 19, I moved into a friend's apartment in NYC for the summer. She had a small record collection, and I remember discovering (and playing) "Talking Heads '77" and "Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits" over and over again, one after the other after the other after the other, for weeks. And never getting sick of either.

Hard to choose because a lot of albums hold meaning for me for various reasons. But i'd probably pick a Fleetwood Mac album.

edit: After posting one of its songs in that best 80s songs thread, i feel silly for forgetting this one. 11 by The Smithreens is also one of the most important to me.

Last edited:
If I have to say one and only one, I'd pick the first one I ever got. The Offspring's Americana. First time I actually chose my own music, and not something I picked from my parents' collection. I can listen to it from the intro to the outro without a single pause or skip and it is still the same emotion I feel.

Not my favorite album by any stretch, but the most significant in my life. Nothing can compare.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back