• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

'The Avengers' (Britis TV Series)

Joker Jack

TMF Master
Lots of folk of a certain age, especially from the UK, may remember a British espionage TV series that ran from 1961 until 1969 called ‘The Avengers’. It starred Patrick Macnee as umbrella carrying and bowler hatted John Steed. Steed had a succession of female assistants, namely Honor Blackman (as Cathy Gale), Diana Rigg (as Emma Peel) and Linda Thorson (as Tara King).

There was a later series, the ‘New Avengers’ which ran from 1976 to 1977 and starred Joanna Lumley as Steed’s assistant, Purdey.

If TMF members had to pick only ONE Avengers girl to star in an episode where she was tied down and subjected to tickle torture to make her talk, which of the four would they choose, and why?

Some of my own thoughts -

Honor Blackman as the leather-clad Cathy Gale – The Gale episodes had a harder, more serious tone than the others that followed. They were more basic and rougher in production and filmed in black and white. There’s something quite delicious in my mind about the stern and serious Mrs Gale being made to laugh helplessly as her stockinged feet get tickled by the villains. And Honor Blackman has such a wonderful throaty laugh!

Diana Rigg as Emma Peel – We know, of course, from one of the episodes that Emma has ticklish feet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwNM8jjX12I
These episodes became much lighter than the previous ones with more of a comic touch so it’s a pity Emma never did get her feet properly tickled (although she did have here ankles locked in a set of stocks).

I’ve attached a few pictures below and would love to hear all thoughts and fantasies!

315dd8ba761a1f6d599e961c2094720b.jpg
c1edf1059b13a3ba4fe4e4a1ed3993cf.jpg
bd3bee810f60e464af55c0943be4668a.jpg
e23da41e5a73378fe9b43cda669c8486.jpg

Seeing that series made me fall in love with Diana Rigg at the age of 15, so I will choose her. :D

Couple more pics - Cathy and Emma again...

4c160bf0e41c0a192d697305c8ab426e.jpg a60ce4a3f19ca8a25b74d19ec9f3a01d.jpg diana rigg.jpg

Last edited:
Linda Thorson simply because she was more shapely, and therefore had more targets.

Joanna Lumley. Why?

Because it's Joanna Lumley!

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Seeing that series made me fall in love with Diana Rigg at the age of 15, so I will choose her. :D

Well, Milagros and any other Dianaphiles, here's an bit of 'Extras' in which she appears. For those of you who might not know the series, it's a British comedy about a downtrodden film and TV extra desperate for any sort of one-liner or a bit more camera time standing behind or close to the lead. Every episode features one or two British stars engaging in self-mockery.

In this segment, a rampant Daniel (Harry Potter) Radcliffe in a Boy Scout uniform encounters Dame Diana Rigg. The whole clip's fun to watch and she makes appearances at 2:07 and 5:56.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrSH_UOaO9w

Emma Peel is a huge influence on the Samantha Storm character (which a few long-time forum members may recall, hopefully fondly) so I have a thing for Emma Peel but I've never seen that photo of Tara King in those boots before. Wow!

The Avengers was such a great old show.

Diana Rigg....especially seeing the second photo in the second group - that one just screams "tickle me!"

Well, Milagros and any other Dianaphiles, here's an bit of 'Extras' in which she appears. For those of you who might not know the series, it's a British comedy about a downtrodden film and TV extra desperate for any sort of one-liner or a bit more camera time standing behind or close to the lead. Every episode features one or two British stars engaging in self-mockery.

In this segment, a rampant Daniel (Harry Potter) Radcliffe in a Boy Scout uniform encounters Dame Diana Rigg. The whole clip's fun to watch and she makes appearances at 2:07 and 5:56.

Very amusing clip. Thanks for the link. :D

I can't get the clip to open. I get a message "This video contains content from BBC Studios, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Damned BBC!

Linda Thorson, because, I don't know. Stockingfooted, though.

However, if I could color outside the lines and replace Linda Thorson in the 1968 season with Pamela Franklin (stockingfooted, again), I would.

C3wzlyJUcAAHXSh.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Linda Thorson, because, I don't know. Stockingfooted, though.

However, if I could color outside the lines and replace Linda Thorson in the 1968 season with Pamela Franklin (stockingfooted, again), I would.

View attachment 572243
View attachment 572244

Pamela Franklin from 'And Soon the Darkness'? She was super cute. That movie was remade in 2010 with Amber Heard and Odette Annable.

Of course, there's a story that Purdy was tickle-tortured to make her talk in one episode, but that scene was never shown in the US.

On the topic of the GORGEOUS Joanna Lumley… one of my favourite ‘New Avengers’ episodes was one called ‘Sleeper’. Purdey, fleeing from an enemy agent, hides by pretending to be a shop dummy in a window display. However… her blue satin pyjama trousers slowly slide to the floor, giving her away.

In my fantasised version of what followed, the agent would remove a long feather from a nearby display and use it to tickle the back of Joanna’s bare legs in an attempt to get her to give herself away. At first she would fight to maintain her composure. But... as the feather continued to tickle madly up and down the back of her legs… she would finally break and burst into helpless giggling laughter.

Just the thought of Purdey being ticklish was enough to make me a lifelong fan of the series.

I often wonder if there was ever a copyright issue with this show's title and Marvel's "Avengers"?

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back