• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NFL week 10- a competitive Thursday kickoff

Barbershopman

TMF Master
So we have the Steelers take on the Panthers tonight. The Steelers lead the AFC north and the Panthers are in second in the NFC South one game behind the Saints.

Big Ben versus Superman is an intriguing match-up. I'd have to give the edge to the Steelers only because they are at Heinz field tonight.

In week 9, the Raiders lost to the 49ers on Thursday night. The teams at the time had 2 wins between them. In week 10, we are "treated" to a match-up between the 2-7 49ers and the 1-7 Giants to end the week on MNF. Instead of the dumpster fire bowl starting the week, we get it to end the week, yippee!!

I hope the Sunday games are competitive enough to make up for the Monday night game this week!

Barbershopman

It should be a great game. I hope the Panthers come out with a win.

Yeah another stinker on Monday. It's laughable how NFL Network has been plugging it today. Sorry guys, you can only put so much lipstick on this pig. And it's still gonna oink.

Back when they started the Sunday Night Football experiment, the used to "flex" games to get maximum viewership. Now I know the schedule is set almost a year in advance, but you'd think they could do the same thing here.

The only problem with that would be the logistics of all of the equipment used. The producers of the game would have to divert all the equipment to a new city, get all of the stadium amenities reset. On second thought, it might not be as easy as it would seem.

Barbershopman

They still flex Sunday games. Pretty sure its been done at least twice this season, can't remember which games. Sadly that's not an option on Thursday and Monday night. And the Panthers are getting buried right now.

Did I start this thread saying this would be an entertaining, competitive game. . .DAMN!! I jinxed it!

Barbershopman

Well Big Ben threw for 5 TDs and had 3 incompletions, plus a perfect 158.3 passer rating. The Steelers put a beatdown Christian McCaffery. I say that because McCaffery was the only thing going right for the Panthers last night accounting for all of their scoring.

On a side note to the game, LeVeon Bell is supposedly coming back, this time for real. When and if he comes back, if I were Mike Tomlin, I sit Bell until James Conner hits a wall. Pure and simple, Conner has not only shown up but proven he can handle the load. He is having a great year. With all due respect to Bell, he hasn't earned the right to be on the field this year, James Conner has.

The Steelers may need Bell sooner than later. Conner left the game in the fourth quarter and is now in the concussion protocol.

Barbershopman

Last edited:
I can't believe Carolina got dominated like that. I turned the game off during the 3rd quarter.

Who knows what's up with Bell. The whole team seems pretty fed up with the situation.

Maybe they shouldn't offer all these yokels (such as Bell) such high salaries, until they've really proven themselves. I'd sure like someone to offer me a large sum of money, and then I can just sit back and do nothing. (Yeh, I play the lottery, and send in the Publishers Clearing House entries.....still nothin')

Maybe they shouldn't offer all these yokels (such as Bell) such high salaries, until they've really proven themselves.

Until Bell has proven himself? Take a look at his career stats:

1,229 carries for 5,336 yards. 4.3 yards per attempt. 35 touchdowns.

312 receptions for 2,260 yards and 7 touchdowns.

These stats are from his rookie year in 2013 through the 2017 season. He's one of the best running backs in the league.

I'd sure like someone to offer me a large sum of money, and then I can just sit back and do nothing. (Yeh, I play the lottery, and send in the Publishers Clearing House entries.....still nothin')

Do you really think NFL teams hand out these huge contracts and expect players to sit back and do nothing? That's setting aside the fact that most players who get those contracts will never see most of that money. That's why they push so hard to get a portion of it guaranteed.

The average NFL career is around 4 years, and most of those guys play for the league minimum. I worked with a guy who's younger brother was drafted by an NFL team. Three years later he was working in a warehouse and had nothing to show for his time in pro football but a used BMW. I don't blame the rest of them for getting what they can while they can considering the toll the game takes on them.

Dez Bryant had a total of two practices after being traded from Dallas to New Orleans. He said it was going to be exciting to catch passes from Drew Brees.

With 10 minutes left in his second practice, he left the field. The Saints have placed Bryant on IR with a torn Achilles tendon ending his season. Too bad, it would have been interesting to see what effect Bryant could have had on the Saints offense.

Barbershopman

Dez Bryant had a total of two practices after being traded from Dallas to New Orleans. He said it was going to be exciting to catch passes from Drew Brees.

With 10 minutes left in his second practice, he left the field. The Saints have placed Bryant on IR with a torn Achilles tendon ending his season. Too bad, it would have been interesting to see what effect Bryant could have had on the Saints offense.

Barbershopman

He wasn't traded. Dallas cut him loose last April, remember? But yeah, that injury is a damn shame. I read today the Saints expect him to make a full recovery and I hope he does. Still, he's going to be 31 or 32 by next season and had already lost a step or two. That's not going to make for an easy comeback.

You're right Bugman, I forgot he was cut and was not traded.

Still after an Achilles tear, and being a wide receiver at 32, his best days just might be behind him. Same thing happened to Derrick Johnson at 33 and he was never the same player. Coming back from an Achilles tear might be even that much harder for a wide receiver as opposed to a middle linebacker.

Barbershopman

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back