• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NFL Week 11.

Bugman

Verified
Alex Smith may be out for the season with a leg injury as the Redskins fall 21-23 to the Texans, now winners of seven in a row.

Confirmed: Smith is out for the year with a broken leg and is undergoing emergency surgery.

After leading into the fourth quarter and holding Conner to 25 yards rushing on 9 carries the hapless Jaguars find a way to lose to the Steelers 20-16. Jacksonville has now lost five of their last six games.

The Bucs kept it close but lose to the Giants 38-35.

The addition of Hue Jackson to the Bengals coaching staff fails to produce a win in his first game. Ravens 24-21.

The Panthers may be feeling the effects of their demolition by the Steelers last week and lose to Detroit 20-19.

After thumping the Patriots last week the Titans come crashing back to earth in a 38-10 rout by the Colts who are still alive for a wild card spot.

The Cowboys go into Atlanta and come out with a 22-19 win.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say this but thanks to the Denver Broncos for beating the Chargers 23-22 on a last second field goal. :D

The Raiders pick up just their second win of the season 23-21 over the Cardinals.

Any postseason hopes the Eagles had suffered a major blow under the onslaught of the Saints 48-7. Woe unto any NFC team that meets New Orleans in the playoffs, especially in the Superdome.

Last edited:
I only got to see part of two games today, the last two minutes of the Denver/LA game and the end of what they are calling a game between Philly and New Orleans. My goodness, the Saints are up almost six touchdowns on the Eagles.

Thank you Case Keenum, Brian McManus and the Broncos for knocking off the Chargers!! Now whatever happens with the Chiefs and Rams tomorrow night, the Chiefs will still hold at least a one game lead in the AFC West. (Not that I'm doubting the boys can go into LA and take care of business!)

On a side note of the Denver/LA the game: I am not a fan of waiting until the very last microsecond to call a timeout to ice the kicker. You want to call a timeout to ice the kicker, fine do that. I think it's shoddy to line up and then try and beat the snap to call an "ice the kicker" time out. Now I know that it has been used with effectiveness in the past, I'm just saying, IMHO, it's cheap.

Barbershopman

I only got to see part of two games today, the last two minutes of the Denver/LA game and the end of what they are calling a game between Philly and New Orleans. My goodness, the Saints are up almost six touchdowns on the Eagles.

The Saints really rubbed it in. In the second half on 4th and 7 on the Eagles 38 yard line they went for it and Brees threw a strike for a touchdown.

Thank you Case Keenum, Brian McManus and the Broncos for knocking off the Chargers!! Now whatever happens with the Chiefs and Rams tomorrow night, the Chiefs will still hold at least a one game lead in the AFC West. (Not that I'm doubting the boys can go into LA and take care of business!)

The really important thing about that game is this: The Chargers are now 5-2 in conference play and 2-2 in the division. The Chiefs are 7-1 and 3-0.

On a side note of the Denver/LA the game: I am not a fan of waiting until the very last microsecond to call a timeout to ice the kicker. You want to call a timeout to ice the kicker, fine do that. I think it's shoddy to line up and then try and beat the snap to call an "ice the kicker" time out. Now I know that it has been used with effectiveness in the past, I'm just saying, IMHO, it's cheap.

Barbershopman

They say all is fair in love and war, and I guess you could add football. Things like that don't bother me.

Last edited:
Alex Smith may be out for the season with a leg injury as the Redskins fall 21-23 to the Texans, now winners of seven in a row.

Confirmed: Smith is out for the year with a broken leg and is undergoing emergency surgery.

Same final score, same type of devastating injury (basically both bones of the lower leg snapped like twigs), 33 years ago TO THE DATE of Taylor's hit on Theismann that ended Theismann's career. I hope the same is not true for Alex Smith (Cue Twilight Zone music).

Barbershopman

Not sure this should be the start of a new thread, but, I'm watching the end of the Bears/Vikings game.

I'm wondering if the new rule that the kicking team cannot get a running start on the kickoff, has the NFL handcuffed the kicking team of recovering an onside kick?

If the ball must go 10 yards and the kicking team must stay at the line until the ball is kicked, it gives a decided advantage to the receiving team to recover the ball. Thoughts?

Barbershopman

Same final score, same type of devastating injury (basically both bones of the lower leg snapped like twigs), 33 years ago TO THE DATE of Taylor's hit on Theismann that ended Theismann's career. I hope the same is not true for Alex Smith (Cue Twilight Zone music).

Barbershopman

Yeah, best wishes to Alex for a full recovery. He's always been a class act. And the similarities go beyond the injuries being 33 years apart. Joe was in the stadium and said he turned away when he saw what happened, and who can blame him?

Not sure this should be the start of a new thread, but, I'm watching the end of the Bears/Vikings game.

I'm wondering if the new rule that the kicking team cannot get a running start on the kickoff, has the NFL handcuffed the kicking team of recovering an onside kick?

If the ball must go 10 yards and the kicking team must stay at the line until the ball is kicked, it gives a decided advantage to the receiving team to recover the ball. Thoughts?

Barbershopman

I understand why the rule was changed but yeah it does take something away from the game. Maybe there could be an exception for onside kicks? Everybody pretty much knows when it's coming.

Tough loss for my Redskins. Especially now knowing that the league has admitted to missing a critical P.I call at the end that would've put the ball within the 20 yard line, which would've put the Redskins in position for a chip shot FG to win the game at the gun. Instead we had to try a 63 yarder. I'd feel a lot better sitting at 7-3 than at 6-4. Especially with a critical Thanksgiving game coming up

As far as Smith being gone, with all due respect to him, it's not like he was lighting it up. Yeah we were winning, which I'm glad about, but it wasn't like he was out there putting up 300 yards and 3 TDs. This isn't like losing Drew Bress or Pat Mahomes. So while I wish Smith a speedy recovery, I'm actually excited for Colt McCoy to take over. He's been in DC for 5 years, he knows the system, and I actually expect the offense to trend upward. That being said, I think the running game being on point is still important. Like I don't think we're gonna win if McCoy has to throw the ball 35-40 times. I do think however, that McCoy will give the WRs more chances.

Last edited:
Tough loss for my Redskins. Especially now knowing that the league has admitted to missing a critical P.I call at the end that would've put the ball within the 20 yard line, which would've put the Redskins in position for a chip shot FG to win the game at the gun. Instead we had to try a 63 yarder. I'd feel a lot better sitting at 7-3 than at 6-4. Especially with a critical Thanksgiving game coming up

As far as Smith being gone, with all due respect to him, it's not like he was lighting it up. Yeah we were winning, which I'm glad about, but it wasn't like he was out there putting up 300 yards and 3 TDs. This isn't like losing Drew Bress or Pat Mahomes. So while I wish Smith a speedy recovery, I'm actually excited for Colt McCoy to take over. He's been in DC for 5 years, he knows the system, and I actually expect the offense to trend upward. That being said, I think the running game being on point is still important. Like I don't think we're gonna win if McCoy has to throw the ball 35-40 times. I do think however, that McCoy will give the WRs more chances.

Until Smith went down I honestly didn't know McCoy was still in the league. He's looking a bit rusty so far today but that's understandable given he hasn't started a game in several years.

Until Smith went down I honestly didn't know McCoy was still in the league. He's looking a bit rusty so far today but that's understandable given he hasn't started a game in several years.

He had a real short week. None of the preparations were actual practices, everything was just a walkthrough. Luckily after todays loss, they don't play again until Dec 3rd, and they'll have plenty of time to prep for that. I'm still confident in McCoy, but now the next game which is in Philly becomes a near must-win. The NFC East I think is gonna come down to week 17, and the winner at best will have 10 wins. I certainly won't be shocked if it's less than that though.

One thing that's playing in the Skins favor, the teams that Dallas and Philly still have to play. Dallas still has to play the Saints, probably the best team in the NFL right now, and they also have to go to Indy and play a Colts team that seems to have righted the ship. And Philly still has to play the Rams, and also the Texans. One team being the 2nd best in the NFL, and the other being a team that's currently on a 7 game win streak. So if my Redskins can correct the mistakes, they can still take this division. They were in this game until the end of the 3rd when Amari Cooper went off.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back