• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Chiefs blow it.

Bugman

Verified
Taking nothing away from the Chargers, the Chiefs had that game won and handed it over. Once again there were multiple penalties on the defense, especially in the red zone. This has been a problem for several years and it's time for heads to roll. Whatever happens this season the defensive backfield needs a major overhaul, and maybe a new DC. I've about had it with Sutton and his bend but don't break approach. They seem to break at the worst possible times.

This is a team that scored over 50 points against the Rams, and 40 against the Patriots, and still lost. There is no defense. Patrick Mahomes is the reason why they've won 11 and against crappy teams, and some of those they won by a whisker.

The Chiefs are going to do it again, this time with a top-tier QB whose talent will be wasted with a inept franchise that keeps hiring toothless coaches. No way this team even backs into the Super Bowl. They cannot close the deal when it is clutch time. The Royals got lucky a few years ago when they managed to scrape their way to two pennants and a World Series title.

The Chiefs once again proved they are a flagrant fraud. One side of the ball is great, the other side couldn't stop a Pop Warner squad.

If anything will doom the Chiefs, it's their defense. That unit has been riding easy because their offense has put up some blowouts, but in a back and forth shootout where the other team is keeping up, the Chiefs are the team with the disadvantage. After last night, not only is the AFC West up for grabs, but the #1 seed in the AFC is as well. And even if they stopped the Chargers on that 2 Point conversion, the fact that they allowed them to score two TDs in the last four minutes is troubling.

Mahomes is likely gonna be league MVP and he's played out of his mind, but at the end of the day, the Chiefs aren't gonna win anything with the way the defense is playing. They can't deal with shootouts, they have to bury teams quick. I'd like to see Andy Reid get his first playoff win as KC head coach, but there's reason to be skeptical of that happening this year. All of the Chiefs losses have come to teams that kept up with them, and that the Chiefs could very likely meet again in the post-season.

They don't care what I think, but here's a couple of things I'd like to see before next season.

Fuller and Scandrick need to go. It seems as often as not when a flag is thrown in the secondary one of these guys is nearby. Their absence can be addressed in the draft and the free agent market.

The number of missed tackles and penalties the last few years suggests to me a unit lacking in discipline and Sutton has not shown he can fix that. The problem is he and Reid are old pals so his job is probably safe unless Clark Hunt steps in which isn't likely.

I don't know how exactly KC is using Fuller, but if I had to guess, I'd say that they're using him more on the outside. He was graded as one of the best slot cover guys in the entire NFL last season, and despite me being happy about acquiring Alex Smith, I was disappointed when I found out Fuller was being dealt. When the trade was announced, the player the Redskins were sending to KC wasn't announced, and there was like 2 hour period of everyone wondering who was being dealt.

Playing outside isn't the same as the slot. So to me at least, if indeed that's how Fuller is being used in KC, I don't think it's him not being good. It's him immediately being thrown into a position he's never really played since coming to the NFL. Last season the Redskins had two solid CBs always on the outside, so Fuller never really played in that role

The Chiefs could very well be undefeated, save their defense. Their three losses have come by a total of 7 points. They have had a chance to win every game they have played.

Yes, the defense is a liability and I feel if things fall apart this season that Bob Sutton may be out of a job. His "bend but don't break" defense has been serviceable over the past few years, but with a leaky secondary, isn't practical and could very well cost the Chiefs a chance to play deep into January.

Yes, BBGuy5240, Mahomes may win the MVP and it would be well deserved. The bad thing for Mahomes is that without a Kareem Hunt led running game, and with a leaky defense, we are asking Mahomes to probably do too much. It kind of reminds me of the Dick Vermeil Chiefs, their offense was a juggernaut, but the defense couldn't stop anyone. When we faced Indy that year in the playoff game with no punts, we needed our defense to make one stop and when it didn't happen, the last team with the ball on offense won, that was the Colts.

I'm hoping that the Chiefs can pull it together for a deep playoff run, but that's me the eternal Chiefs optimist.

Barbershopman

I don't know how exactly KC is using Fuller, but if I had to guess, I'd say that they're using him more on the outside. He was graded as one of the best slot cover guys in the entire NFL last season, and despite me being happy about acquiring Alex Smith, I was disappointed when I found out Fuller was being dealt. When the trade was announced, the player the Redskins were sending to KC wasn't announced, and there was like 2 hour period of everyone wondering who was being dealt.

Playing outside isn't the same as the slot. So to me at least, if indeed that's how Fuller is being used in KC, I don't think it's him not being good. It's him immediately being thrown into a position he's never really played since coming to the NFL. Last season the Redskins had two solid CBs always on the outside, so Fuller never really played in that role

Fuller has played well at times. I'm really not picking on him, their secondary hasn't been good in a couple of years. Chalk my comments up to frustration over the Chiefs letting a game they had won slip away. I'm dead serious about Sutton though. He should have been gone two years ago, at least.

What's New

4/22/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back